No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Right now no, but if he surpasses My weather he might be in the end. Golovkin is on the verge of surpassing Pac.
    Passing him as in current p4p or career achievements? Please tell me it's the former and not the latter. As good as GGG is based on the eye test, you can argue he has the weakest resume of any top 10 fighter. His best bet if he doesn't plan on moving to 168 is for all of the talent at 154 to make noise and come up to challenge him at 160 and wipe them out. I'm talking the Charlo brothers, Andrade, Lara and others. Cleaning out the current MW division as it stands does nothing for his legacy due to the lack of talent there.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Right now no, but if he surpasses My weather he might be in the end. Golovkin is on the verge of surpassing Pac.
      Surpassing Pac at what exactly? Is this the real life?

Comment

• Originally posted by SweetPbfAli View Post
        Passing him as in current p4p or career achievements? Please tell me it's the former and not the latter. As good as GGG is based on the eye test, you can argue he has the weakest resume of any top 10 fighter. His best bet if he doesn't plan on moving to 168 is for all of the talent at 154 to make noise and come up to challenge him at 160 and wipe them out. I'm talking the Charlo brothers, Andrade, Lara and others. Cleaning out the current MW division as it stands does nothing for his legacy due to the lack of talent there.
        I think all the guys at 154 will rather stick there until GGG moves to 168. There is no way they want to deal with that. If GGG stays at 160, 154 is going to get really crowded. Especially with Cotto and Canelo trying to move back down after they have their 'MW' title fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
          Surpassing Pac at what exactly? Is this the real life?
          Not even close to Pacquaio's career, who moved way up in weight to take on outstanding competitors and demolish them. GGG just lacks compelling competition at MW.

If GGG moves up, he won't have Pac's speed to make up for what would be a considerable disadvantage in size. And while Pac took advantage of catchweights, the top SMW fighter has shown no willingness whatsoever to meet GGG in the middle.

In short, Pac had better opportunities and took good advantage of them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
            Not even close to Pacquaio's career, who moved way up in weight to take on outstanding competitors and demolish them. GGG just lacks compelling competition at MW.

If GGG moves up, he won't have Pac's speed to make up for what would be a considerable disadvantage in size. And while Pac took advantage of catchweights, the top SMW fighter has shown no willingness whatsoever to meet GGG in the middle.

In short, Pac had better opportunities and took good advantage of them.
            GTFO with the "considerable" disadvantages bull****. Lesser fighters have done it without making a song and dance about it. Why don't you want GGG to be as great as he can be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              I find Ward horrendously boring. At least he's been boring whilst outclasses top level fighters. I think Lara has put on some dazzling displays and been in good fights against top opponents. But he can also be boring.

The most boring thing I find in boxing is a guy bashing up a completely overmatched and ****ty opponent.

Ward-Golovkin is HBO PPV. And a much bigger fight than David Lemiuex in every single way. Lara....maybe not but they chose to fight Willie Munroe on regular HBO instead of Lara.

You just embarrass yourself making statements like this. Andre Ward smacked the **** out of one of your heroes in Mikkel Kessler. Why would you run down one of the best fighters in the world?

You are telling me that if GGG knocked out Andre Ward, no one would care? He wouldn't easily become the P4P Number 1 fighter in boxing and an absolute megastar?

A win over Pepe Le Pew means more? GTFO
              Lara most likely wanted a lot more money than Munroe jr. Plus he's a junior middleweight. If he smashed him in a round, people would have criticized that also.

I'm not saying Lemeiux is a better fight or fighter than Ward at all - But according to K2, Ward came about when GGG was already set to fight someone else. So what's the point? Ward can call him little G and whatever, but reality is GGG is a bigger star than him and is a lot more relevant in world boxing today. If Ward retired today nobody would care or even notice. Hell, how many people watched his last fight?

Yeah Ward beat Kessler. That was 6 years ago great one pulling that out of the bag. As I said, people don't even talk about Ward at smw. They ask Degale if a Groves/Jack/Dirrell rematch is on the horizon. Then they'll say: "oh, and Ward?".

As I said, nobody cares about Ward at all. He fights on BET Ffs.

He should just move up and fight Kovalev. If GGG is fighting such overmatched opponents as another champion in his division, then give him a chance to fight the best in his division.

Also, I know you want to see him fight Ward because you think he'll lose. Which is fair enough, I think so too. But I think there are better fights for both of them, than each other.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Lara most likely wanted a lot more money than Munroe jr. Plus he's a junior middleweight. If he smashed him in a round, people would have criticized that also.

I'm not saying Lemeiux is a better fight or fighter than Ward at all - But according to K2, Ward came about when GGG was already set to fight someone else. So what's the point? Ward can call him little G and whatever, but reality is GGG is a bigger star than him and is a lot more relevant in world boxing today. If Ward retired today nobody would care or even notice. Hell, how many people watched his last fight?

Yeah Ward beat Kessler. That was 6 years ago great one pulling that out of the bag. As I said, people don't even talk about Ward at smw. They ask Degale if a Groves/Jack/Dirrell rematch is on the horizon. Then they'll say: "oh, and Ward?".

As I said, nobody cares about Ward at all. He fights on BET Ffs.

He should just move up and fight Kovalev. If GGG is fighting such overmatched opponents as another champion in his division, then give him a chance to fight the best in his division.

Also, I know you want to see him fight Ward because you think he'll lose. Which is fair enough, I think so too. But I think there are better fights for both of them, than each other.
                We'll never know unfortunately because they never entertained the idea. Also Team GGG explicitly gave Monroe being a bigger name as the reason.

Lara also has more fights above 154 than Cotto and Canelo combined. Those fights are ok though.

Comment

• Andre Ward, HBO PPV star, pulls in 323000 viewers on BET.

http://itrboxing.com/2015/06/24/ward...in-viewership/

Comment

• Pacquaio is a legend and all time great. One of the greatest fighters of the last 25 years.

Golovkin has like 2 decent wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Lara most likely wanted a lot more money than Munroe jr. Plus he's a junior middleweight.
                      So? Is that a legitimate excuse not to fight someone now? And that wasn't even the reasoning. Abel Sanchez rejected the fight because he said Munroe was a bigger name

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      If he smashed him in a round, people would have criticized that also.
                      You seem to suggest he shouldn't waste his time with a proven world class fighter in Lara but someone like Munroe was worth his while? Come the fuk on. Look at Sanchez's comments - we know why they don't want the Lara fight. Because he's "boring" i.e "he might make us look bad and stall the hype train".

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      If Ward retired today, his career would still splatter **** stains all over Golovkin's.

This "no one will care" thing is laughable because once again, why would Ward start as the favourite over GGG? Why would GGG become P4P no1 and immediate megastar with a win over Ward? Because everyone knows Ward's pedigree.

Why are you denying reality and the significance of that fight? Because you're still butthurt that he buttraped Kessler. You and Nelson haven't gotten over that despite the 6 years!

And no I don't want to see GGG lose to Ward. I don't care, don't have a dog in the race. It's just one of, if not the biggest and most intriguing fights in boxing and you denying that makes you lose all credibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X