No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Andre Ward, HBO PPV star, pulls in 323000 viewers on BET.

http://itrboxing.com/2015/06/24/ward...in-viewership/
    No one called him a PPV star but neither is Golovkin until we see the numbers.

Why don't you post Ward's HBO numbers which were pretty much on par with Golovkin ratings?

People lose all sense of credibility when they say Ward-Golovkin isn't a big fight

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      So? Is that a legitimate excuse not to fight someone now? And that wasn't even the reasoning. Abel Sanchez rejected the fight because he said Munroe was a bigger name

You seem to suggest he shouldn't waste his time with a proven world class fighter in Lara but someone like Munroe was worth his while? Come the fuk on. Look at Sanchez's comments - we know why they don't want the Lara fight. Because he's "boring" i.e "he might make us look bad and stall the hype train".

If Ward retired today, his career would still splatter **** stains all over Golovkin's.

This "no one will care" thing is laughable because once again, why would Ward start as the favourite over GGG? Why would GGG become P4P no1 and immediate megastar with a win over Ward? Because everyone knows Ward's pedigree.

Why are you denying reality and the significance of that fight? Because you're still butthurt that he buttraped Kessler. You and Nelson haven't gotten over that despite the 6 years!

And no I don't want to see GGG lose to Ward. I don't care, don't have a dog in the race. It's just one of, if not the biggest and most intriguing fights in boxing and you denying that makes you lose all credibility.
      I don't remember them saying Mumroe was a bigger name, and honestly, couldn't care less - I still haven't watched that fight so obviously I'm not trying to build Munroe up to anything like you're suggesting. I just personally have no interest in ever watching Lara fight again, ever. So I'm not going to start calling out GGG for not fighting him, especially as he's just a lightmiddleweight.

I was reasoning it with Munroe probably needing less of a payday ($100k). Lara in comparison got $1million vs Canelo. so it's pretty easy to see that if HBO have less than $2million budget for both fights + undercard and GGG takes $1.5 million, then obviously Lara isn't getting what he needs and HBO would definitely not put that on PPV.

Ward is practically forgotton. There's no buzz around him at all and what he did more than half a decade ago doesn't interest me at all. He's the past, GGG is the present - those are just simple facts.

Yeah, also because he's a much bigger guy perhaps. He hasn't even fought at supermiddleweight for 2 years - his last fight was at LHW.

I am not denying Ward is a great fighter, but he's still not drawing anything and him "offering" 50/50 to GGG as if that's supposed to be a gift to GGG is a complete joke. He can stay and get 325k viewers on BET whilst GGG is pulling in millions on HBO.

I'm plenty over it, and couldn't care less. As I said, it's 6 years ago and I haven't even brought it up - You did. As if it has some sort of relevance in today's game.

Heath Ledger had just died when Ward beat Kessler - ffs seems more like a decade ago.

How is anything related to Ward "most intriguing" in anything if not fighting Kovalev?

Ward's best win in 3 years is beating the guy Degale fought in his 8th fight.

That's what he's been up to

Comment

• Uh oh. McLaddie war

Comment

No one called him a PPV star but neither is Golovkin until we see the numbers.

Why don't you post Ward's HBO numbers which were pretty much on par with Golovkin ratings?

People lose all sense of credibility when they say Ward-Golovkin isn't a big fight
          Yeah, except that GGGs throwaway fight against Munroe did better than Ward's last two fights on HBO.

Where did I say it's not a big fight?

Comment

• This guy isn't interested in seeing one of the best matches in boxing.

He'd rather see Golovkin mix it up with the likes of Andy Lee or Saunders because they've "done more recently" and are middleweights.

Your credibly plummets by the post and the more you run down Andre Ward based simply on the fact he's been inactive due to outside factors

Do you realise that you're going to slit your wrists for another 6 years when he embarrasses another of your favourite fighters?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
              Yeah, except that GGGs throwaway fight against Munroe did better than Ward's last two fights on HBO.

Where did I say it's not a big fight?
              Throwaway fight? HBO is up Golovkin's arse. They promote the **** out of all his fights.

Ward was out a year and had no promotion or worthwhile undercard for Rodriguez but still pulled 1.2m viewers.

Andre Ward is one of the best fighters in the world and people know that.

Comment

• Do people remember or care that Mayweather was inactive for 2 years?

No because he came back and dominated top fighters.

No one is going to remember Andre Ward's legal issues when he starts outclassing top fighters again so why even make that completely irrelevant argument?

That's the only time Ward detractors can enjoy themselves. When he's inactive

I still remember LacedUp's crineworthy posts about Froch being ahead of Ward at SMW despite Ward beating him handily. Even Froch admitted he wasn't and would be embarrassed to do so
                Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 10-19-2015, 03:22 AM.

Comment

This guy isn't interested in seeing one of the best matches in boxing.

He'd rather see Golovkin mix it up with the likes of Andy Lee or Saunders because they've "done more recently" and are middleweights.

Your credibly plummets by the post and the more you run down Andre Ward based simply on the fact he's been inactive due to outside factors

Do you realise that you're going to slit your wrists for another 6 years when he embarrasses another of your favourite fighters?
                  I didn't say I wasn't interested in it Where did I say that? I said it was fully understandable that GGG wanted to focus on MW. Don't turn into a troll now.

You do know you're the only one mentioning that fight right? I literally couldn't care less.

But keep having those wet dreams about GGG losing to Ward.

"Andre, I gaw 2 intes of hard dick"

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Throwaway fight? HBO is up Golovkin's arse. They promote the **** out of all his fights.

Ward was out a year and had no promotion or worthwhile undercard for Rodriguez but still pulled 1.2m viewers.

Andre Ward is one of the best fighters in the world and people know that.
                  It was a total throwaway fight. Yeah of course HBO promote him, because he's the main fuking man. But Munroe was nothing but a keep busy fight for him.

Even GGGs fight vs Stevens had better ratings than Wards vs Rodriguez, and don't forget those were Ward's second best ratings ever!

GGGs last 5-6 fights crap heavily on Ward's career ratings + he's selling out MSG, StubHub, whatever. Ward can barely pull 5k in his damn hometown. So as I said, it's a damn joke that Ward goes around saying "we even offered them 50/50". GGG is the one who knocks you clown.

Whilst you keep saying I have no interest in seeing that fight, I haven't said that. But I would rather see Ward vs Kovalev and GGG vs Canelo/Cotto than Ward vs GGG.
                  Last edited by LacedUp; 10-19-2015, 03:20 AM.

Comment

Do people remember or care that Mayweather was inactive for 2 years?

No because he came back and dominated top fighters.

No one is going to remember Andre Ward's legal issues when he starts outclassing top fighters again so why even make that completely irrelevant argument?

That's the only time Ward detractors can enjoy themselves. When he's inactive
                    He wasn't "inactive" he retired after breaking all PPV records and being undisputed #1 P4P.

Ward slowly faded into the oblivion he came from.

Comment

• I'm the only one talking Ward-Golovkin except the fact that its the most talked about fight on NSB currently

Except the fact that every media interview, GGG's team are hounded with questions over Ward

Except the fact that beating Ward would automatically make GGG the consensus No1 fighter on the planet.

Yep....no one cares about Ward or the fight. It means nothing to anyone except me.

LacedUp though....the guy who thought Carl Froch was ahead of Ward at Super Middleweight.

Comment

Working...
                      X