No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    No, but I think it's fair to say that Lemiuex of 2015 is far better than 2011 Lemiuex.

Yes, but Golovkin is a middleweight. He's not a supermiddleweight and will probably never be. I understand if he wants to go up for a Froch fight, because that would make him millions, but for Degale or Jack or someone like that? I wouldn't do it. Especially as he'll soon get the chance to go for the WBC belt as well, hopefully against the winner of Cotto and Canelo.

I fully understand why he wants to clean out 160.
    And you should fully understand why I don't give a **** if he does and find the guy's fights to be incredibly boring.

I fully understand why too because it's filled with guys that are Lemiuex type fighters. Completely one dimensional or tailor made for him.

Look I wanna see the Canelo fight but that should be a wrap for his middleweight reign but you've got people wanting him to wait for some no name prospects to come up through the ranks. The guy is 33 years old and he's beaten no one of note.

Team GGG - "Ward maybe in 2017! Hopkins maybe in the future!"

Please wake me up when he stops playing little league.
    Last edited by Dirk Diggler UK; 10-18-2015, 11:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pain~Lucy View Post
      how typical, flo mos saying this is boring LMAO
      I'm a ***** and I thought it was a great fight. It's possible to be a fan of both bud. Beside Floyd is retired and GGG is p4p #1 on my list.
      Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Just watched the fight, as expected Golovkin dominates.

Golovkin looked good, defense looked improved.

Still showed many of the same flaws though.

Lemieux was brave, but looked like a 16-1 underdog.
      Name a flaw. Just one. Other than relax and get tagged a bit after the knockdown as he tends to do which is definitely intentional, I saw a pretty flawless outing. His stance, ring generalship, balance, punch selection, punch form, combination punching, defense, and ring IQ was a c-hair from flawless from start to finish. Just list one of these "many flaws".

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        And you should fully understand why I don't give a **** if he does and find the guy's fights to be incredibly boring.

I fully understand why too because it's filled with guys that are Lemiuex type fighters. Completely one dimensional or tailor made for him.

Look I wanna see the Canelo fight but that should be a wrap for his middleweight reign but you've got people wanting him to wait for some no name prospects to come up through the ranks. The guy is 33 years old and he's beaten no one of note.

Team GGG - "Ward maybe in 2017! Hopkins maybe in the future!"

I don't understand why you find his fights boring, especially in the same post as mentioning a Ward fight. Or Lara as you mention sometimes too. Why would GGG fight these guys on regular HBO when he can fight and unify the MW titles on HBO PPV?

Do you think HBO will ever put Lara on PPV again? I don't. Maybe Ward, but the public don't know who the fuk he is. The guy needs to step it up before mentioning GGGs name.

He's 33 but he's a young 33. He can definitely fight at the top for 4-5 more years- except if he follows your advice and goes up and up in weight.

If Froch wants to fight - Go. Ward should focus on moving up to 175 because no one at 168 cares about his boring ass any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          I'm a ***** and I thought it was a great fight. It's possible to be a fan of both bud. Beside Floyd is retired and GGG is p4p #1 on my list.

Name a flaw. Just one. Other than relax and get tagged a bit after the knockdown as he tends to do which is definitely intentional, I saw a pretty flawless outing. His stance, ring generalship, balance, punch selection, punch form, combination punching, defense, and ring IQ was a c-hair from flawless from start to finish. Just list one of these "many flaws".
          Nobody gets tagged on purpose.

Comment

That was years ago, and only because he ran out of gas.

I'm not saying he's a tremendous fighter, and he might very well be a one dimensional fighter, but so is Andy Lee. And Jacobs and Qullin aren't much better.

Canelo would be a good test though. But I don't see how anyone can criticize Lemiuex as an opponent.
            People will be dogging Canelo too after he gets KTFO by Golovkin.

I agree with the critics; the MW division lacks outstanding fighters to compete with GGG. But...he is killing people's souls in the ring. He is making tough guys quit, take a knee, stop throwing punches and otherwise be totally owned and defeated. Like a machine. Very methodical.

Monroe thought he was a bad man who never quits. But he shook his head, and said, "I'm done."

Geale shook his head. Done.

Stevens (bad dude) gave up in another way. Staple gunned his hands to his face and waited for his corner to conclude he was finished.

Lemieux looked to the ref as he backed into the corner yet again. He wanted out. And he didn't protest the ref's call. Until later.

These aren't Haglers, but they are having their boxer's souls stolen from them forever. This isn't ordinary stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Team GGG - Ward in 2017! Hopkins in the future!

Nothing Gennady ever does would make you appreciate him. You're just a petty hater. He could KO Ward in 5 and you'd find some reason to shìt on it.

You're just as bad as the Floyd haters that swore Canelo would take his head off, only to start yelling "drained doe", "green doe", "paid off doe", etc.

You will never give Golovkin credit for anything. So keep his name out of your fkn mouth, hater.

-----------------------------

Comment

• The biggest takeaway that I got from this fight is that GGG's footwork is f.cking incredible. When he just boxes and has respect for his opponent's power, he's still great. I can't see anyone beating him at 160

Comment

1, that's not true at all, and 2, even if it was, getting tagged doesn't mean you are "flawed" as a fighter.

Comment

• Footwork...

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                    The biggest takeaway that I got from this fight is that GGG's footwork is f.cking incredible. When he just boxes and has respect for his opponent's power, he's still great. I can't see anyone beating him at 160

Yes. I was amazed at his footwork as well. Wow. GGG is a great fighter. Nobody at middleweight is beating him. However, from a skill standpoint, I can see Canelo giving him fits!!!!!! GGG has holes defensively that a fast fighter can exploit. It'll be tough BUT it can be done.

Comment

Somebody wants a word with you

Comment

Working...
                      X