Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin vs. David Lemieux

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The point about ratings is that Golovkin is promoted out the arse by HBO as being the most exciting fighter in boxing who knocks everyone out.

Ward isn't even promoted, takes a year lay-off and is perceived to have a boring style.

Yet his ratings on HBO are similar to Golovkin's.

No one would care about the fight doe. David Lemiuex doe. Andy Lee doe.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

Ward is practically forgotton. There's no buzz around him at all and what he did more than half a decade ago doesn't interest me at all. He's the past, GGG is the present - those are just simple facts.

lolwut?

I can understand if you don't like the guy but people aren't gonna forget someone who's been as dominant and is still in his prime, that doesn't just happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        The point about ratings is that Golovkin is promoted out the arse by HBO as being the most exciting fighter in boxing who knocks everyone out.

Ward isn't even promoted, takes a year lay-off and is perceived to have a boring style.

Yet his ratings on HBO are similar to Golovkin's.

No one would care about the fight doe. David Lemiuex doe. Andy Lee doe.
        Yes, and it's true, he does knock everyone out. Ward isn't promoted He had heaps of promotion on HBO, he's a commentator on HBO and has been for years! Just checked up on numbers - The return of Andre ward pulled in an average of 1million on HBO.

And they paid him $2million.

So, why do you think he's not being promoted? Because he's not value for money and his ego is waay above what his commerical value is.

His ratings aren't comparable to GGGs at all. He did 325k in his last fight. GGG did 5 times that on his last fight on regular HBO.

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
        lolwut?

I can understand if you don't like the guy but people aren't gonna forget someone who's been as dominant and is still in his prime, that doesn't just happen.
        I have no feelings towards Ward at all - but how is he not forgotten? When is he in the news other than when he's saying some bs like "I've offered 50/50 to GGG" when GGG is 5 times the draw he is?

Nobody's talking about Ward at all. He's totally forgotten.

Comment

He wasn't "inactive" he retired after breaking all PPV records and being undisputed #1 P4P.

Ward slowly faded into the oblivion he came from.
          The oblivion he came from? Winning an Olympic Gold Medal? Forcibly raping Mikkel Kessler with no Vaseline in his first big fight at age 25? Dominating Carl Froch to win the Super Six.

Which "oblivion" do you refer to here?

Mayweather was gone. Ward has been gone. Class is permanent.

People want to see Golovkin tested. You want him to stay protected.

Comment

I'm the only one talking Ward-Golovkin except the fact that its the most talked about fight on NSB currently

Except the fact that every media interview, GGG's team are hounded with questions over Ward

Except the fact that beating Ward would automatically make GGG the consensus No1 fighter on the planet.

Yep....no one cares about Ward or the fight. It means nothing to anyone except me.

LacedUp though....the guy who thought Carl Froch was ahead of Ward at Super Middleweight.
            Where did I say you were the only one talking about it?

You are reawwy sinking to a row revel here.

Yeah Froch was ahead of Andre Ward imo because he should have been stripped long before he was. Froch took care of the #1, the #2, twice the #5 in the same time as Ward took care of......

.... still waiting.

Comment

Yes, and it's true, he does knock everyone out. Ward isn't promoted He had heaps of promotion on HBO, he's a commentator on HBO and has been for years! Just checked up on numbers - The return of Andre ward pulled in an average of 1million on HBO.

And they paid him $2million.

So, why do you think he's not being promoted? Because he's not value for money and his ego is waay above what his commerical value is.

His ratings aren't comparable to GGGs at all. He did 325k in his last fight. GGG did 5 times that on his last fight on regular HBO.

I have no feelings towards Ward at all - but how is he not forgotten? When is he in the news other than when he's saying some bs like "I've offered 50/50 to GGG" when GGG is 5 times the draw he is?

Nobody's talking about Ward at all. He's totally forgotten.
              I'm referring to their HBO ratings. People don't watch BET for boxing, your using an anomaly to try to make a very weak point.

Why is Ward-GGG the most talked about fight on this forum then? The only thing that was forgotten was who exactly GGG was fighting at the weekend.

Comment

The oblivion he came from? Winning an Olympic Gold Medal? Forcibly raping Mikkel Kessler with no Vaseline in his first big fight at age 25? Dominating Carl Froch to win the Super Six.

Which "oblivion" do you refer to here?

Mayweather was gone. Ward has been gone. Class is permanent.

People want to see Golovkin tested. You want him to stay protected.
                dfuq are you on about I think something is wrong with you.

You sound like my girlfriend on her 5th day on menstrual cycle.

Go back and read the posts and come back.

Comment

I'm referring to their HBO ratings. People don't watch BET for boxing, your using an anomaly to try to make a very weak point.

Why is Ward-GGG the most talked about fight on this forum then? The only thing that was forgotten was who exactly GGG was fighting at the weekend.
                  If Ward was a star, I'm sure he could draw a crowd basic cable network in the US. But he couldn't because he can't draw worth ****e.

You're still not reading what I said and you're going all spastic

I said I understood why he would want to unify at MW and you're going on like:

"LacedUp doesn't want to see Ward vs Golovkin as the only person in the world"

Get your tampon in mate.

Comment

Where did I say you were the only one talking about it?

You are reawwy sinking to a row revel here.

Yeah Froch was ahead of Andre Ward imo because he should have been stripped long before he was. Froch took care of the #1, the #2, twice the #5 in the same time as Ward took care of......

.... still waiting.
                    Here....

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                    You do know you're the only one mentioning that fight right? I literally couldn't care less.
                    Your utter denial on reality is frankly disturbing.

Comment

Here....

Your utter denial on reality is frankly disturbing.
                      Let's forget I was referring to Ward-Kessler which you just brought up

As I said, tampon mate.

The days will be over soon and you'll be good again.

Comment

Working...
                      X