Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does GGG have to move up this early?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He doesn't have to yet, but the fact that he openly chase Froch means he was prepared to move up.

Comment

To compare what Floyd and Manny did be the time they were 33 to what GGG did by age 33 is unfair and stupid. They turned pro as teenagers. A fair and intelligent comparison would be how much GGG has accomplished in the number of years he has been a pro compared to what Floyd and Manny accomplished in the SAME number of years from when they first turned pro. This irrational hate you have for GGG who is an excellent fighter and a nice guy is what is embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        Why in hell does a smaller middleweight like GGG have to prove himself by going up a weight class to fight a great 168 pounder??? If GGG can beat any middleweight then he has well proven himself. He would have beaten all the top middleweights by now if Martinez, Cotto, Jacobs, Quillen and others had not flat refused to fight him. GGG has done enough to be ranked the best middleweight in the world by every organization that ranks fighters. He has done enough that Ring magazine ranks him as the 4th best pound for pound fighter in the world and Boxing Scene ranks him as the 5th best pound fighter in the world. Are they all stupid and the only smart one is you?
        Only a GGG fan would defend a guy putting an entire division on notice then say "Why does he need to fight for legacy?"

Comment

People are desperate to see GGG lose, there is your answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
            He doesn't have to yet, but the fact that he openly chase Froch means he was prepared to move up.
            Carl Froch is/was the biggest draw of boxers the only guys maybe above him is who... pfft not many!

Comment

Originally posted by BazookaGomez View Post
              My point was that those guys all turned pro earlier than him and thus had far more time to establish themselves by the age of 33.... Your comparison is nonsense... Not to mention that Golovkin had promotional issues for quite a while with his promoter Universum and that has been a big blockade for him.

If you want to make a comparison between GGG and some other pro boxer, at least try and pick a fighter who turned pro at the same age as him..... Or at least compare what they've done the same numbers of years they've been professionals.
              Who cares if they turned pro earlier, we can go by number of fights. Floyd and Cotto have done more in the number of fights than GGG did. We can play this game all day and I'll win because GGG's resume is ****. Because MW is ****. Someone said he fought top 10 MW's... And? Who gives a **** if they suck? Why would we compare the number of years they've been pro's? Why don't we compare the number of years Floyd and Cotto were amateurs then since your so big on that number. It's irrelevant. Forget age, forget years in the game just go by number of pro fights and compare resumes. GGG gets **** ON.

Stop with "he had promoter issues..." "He started late..." That's his problem, not mine. It's excuses for something you were just trying to defend. So which is it? Has done well at MW or is it not as good because of promotional issues?

Also, not a Ward fan at all to whoever the idiot said I was. I just hold a guy to his word when he runs his mouth. I think he's a good fighter but he's been guided very well to look good, all he has to do is fight Ward to prove he's got the goods. That's all it takes and he had the fight right there and didn't take it. Why does he have to move up? He doesn't, neither did Cotto he can make 154 just fine. Neither did Floyd when he moves up to 154 he can make 147 just fine and goes back down.

They did it for LEGACY and money. Fighting Ward means more money and GGG's first real shot a big name win and if he were to win he'd get instant credibility. And again, I don't even like Ward. But he's a good fighter, the best fighter GGG would have faced by a mile and that's all I'm asking of him. Everyone knows he beats Cotto and Canelo, he beats anyone at 160 and under. I've seen him beat the **** out of people, let's see him challanged in a fair fight. The fact that GGG fans have a problem with that is the sad part. Defending a clear duck while begging to fight guys in their 4th weightclass and GGG "doesn't have to move up." Because he's little doe.
              Last edited by Beater_of_ass; 07-30-2015, 12:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cyclone View Post
                People are desperate to see GGG lose, there is your answer.
                GGG fans are desperate to not see their guy lose, that's the answer. It's not the other way around, everyone expects GGG to beat everyone 160. We want to see him challenged, why that is so hard of a concept for GGG fans to accept is easy to figure out as well. They want the Cotto fame without the work. What they don't realize is Cotto got to where he was by fighting the best ALL the time. Even if he lost he is still a draw because of his entertaining fights, KO's AND the people he was fighting. Good fighters not bums and he did it while moving up in weight. I know, tough concept to understand.

GGG wants to be Floyd without the hard work and dedication. He's like Broner, just give it to me because I'm the good looking foreign guy with big punch. Big Comedy Show, that's all it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                  He's been visibly bigger than everyone but Murray and that was only because Murray was taller. You don't have to be taller to make it mean bigger. He was massive compared to Proshka or however you spell it, his first HBO fight. He was bigger than Geale obviously... That poor Japanese guy he killed was bigger? Just stop. Regardless of weight GGG has never been the smaller man in a fight.

And all this is moot. You're saying GGG is a small MW and Cotto isn't even a MW. He moved up for respect and legacy, why is that too much to ask for GGG? Especially after he was the one who said 168 better look out... The only thing GGG is small for is his mouth, he can't back it up.
                  He is backing it up.

Unify at 160, then move up was what he said he would do, ant that's exactly what he is trying to do now.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                    He is backing it up.

Unify at 160, then move up was what he said he would do, ant that's exactly what he is trying to do now.
                    No he's running. He was down to unify but would move up for Chavez and Froch. Ward comes calling and "Well, I really want to unify." Any more excuses? Hell, the first title he even went to unify was after Ward came calling LMFAO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post

Also, not a Ward fan at all to whoever the idiot said I was. I just hold a guy to his word when he runs his mouth.
                      Yet I've never seen you ripping Ward because he isn't fighting Kovalev next or calling out Wlad.

He talked about doing both.

Comment

Working...
                      X