Comments Thread For: Stevenson Will Take 50-50 on Kovalev, Networks To Bid

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Szef View Post
    Yeah, I'm a fanboy, Mr "Al Haymon does nothing wrong"
    Last I checked, a pic of Al Haymon wasn't my avatar. And yes, you are a fanboy, Fanboy. The only thing that's missing is the rainbow colored flag in your sig.

LOL...

Comment

• Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
      Last I checked, a pic of Al Haymon wasn't my avatar. And yes, you are a fanboy, Fanboy. The only thing that's missing is the rainbow colored flag in your sig.

LOL...

Well, that settles it then

Comment

• Originally posted by vortex662290 View Post
        Thank you Al Haymon for stopping this fight.
        You can also Thank HBO for blocking this fight as well. Its perception thats all. Because HBO has the exact same stance as Haymon. You gotta give props to Michel on this one, whatever network puts up the most money gets to air the fight...nothing wrong with that right? It is prize fighting after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          HBO exclusive contract, bud. Last time they fought in Canada the 2 fighters split 6m, so it's not like it's a bad deal
          Every contract can be worked around, if a promoter which is not allied with HBO wins the purse bids, there will be and most definitely is a way around that. But, it all depends on Duva and if she wants to budge. Issue, with her withdrawal from the bid, it's obvious she isn't because she will not be getting a slice of the pie.

Comment

• Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Every contract can be worked around, if a promoter which is not allied with HBO wins the purse bids, there will be and most definitely is a way around that. But, it all depends on Duva and if she wants to budge. Issue, with her withdrawal from the bid, it's obvious she isn't because she will not be getting a slice of the pie.
            Examples of an HBO exclusive guy fighting on another network after losing the purse bid? Not only that, but for the fight that HBO wants more than any other for their guy?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              No, I don't know that. Stevenson/kov likely turns out like Floyd/Manny or Garcia/Matthysse where the NSB favorite gets beaten soundly.

he needs to beat Stevenson to be the best LHW in the world. Sorry but HBO and Kov fans don't get that on GP.

HBO can downplay the fight and you can agree just because you like Kov. Here in the real world, none of those fights matters. The Ward fight is good, but if HBO forces it to protect GGG and prevent Stevenson/Kov from happening, why would you co sign it?

Stop the BS. Call Kov out for denying you the best fight.
              Great post !!! Let these gizz guzzlers have it for attempting to protect their favorites from possible defeat (GGG VS Ward) , while simultaneously trying to make fighters that they don't like irrelevant with their words (Stevenson) .

Comment

• Guys acting like Kovalev himself pulled out of the purse bid lol.
                He will put a whipping on the pimp any day of the week.

Main events don't have the scratch to win that bid and can't take Kovalev off HBO for the fight so they withdrew.

Stevenson was on HBO, had a deal in place for the fight, then ran to showtime. Didn't fight Hopkins either.

And Al Haymon tried to fk Hopkins over stalling the negotiations with Stevenson so BHOP would get stripped. Haymon pays his guys well and puts on a decent fight every 6 shows...why won't Haymon let them fight on HBO?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrP4P View Post
                  He quacked AND missed his shot at Hopkins. Im not sure what your point is? Im not a Stevenson fan. Im a Boxing fan. I dont have an agenda here. I call it like it is.
                  The point is that Stevenson has a track record of ducking quality opponents. This is why I blame him and his team for the fight never getting done.

Comment

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                    You know Haymon is working with a huge pot, and isn't concerned with taking heavy losses (yet). HBO cannot go up against that, nor should it.
                    You do realize that HBO is worth over 20 BILLION DOLLARS, don't you? If they wanted to win a purse bit, there is nothing Haymon or anyone else could do to stop them. They are simply not idiots and did not get to where they are today by wasting money and will not bid more than they believe something is worth. People talk about the 'long term' with Haymon, well HBO has been broadcasting boxing for 40 YEARS and will be around for at least another 40. Haymon will be lucky to see PBC reach 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by R-C View Post
                      The point is that Stevenson has a track record of ducking quality opponents. This is why I blame him and his team for the fight never getting done.
                      Maybe look at whats right in front of you at the moment

Comment

Working...
                      X