Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Froch had a great career, entertaining guy, but he was never the best in his own division. He fought top level opponents, but so did everybody else in Super Six and at the end he was a runner up and not the winner. It's as simple as that.

**** defense=Warrior.
    Last edited by Box-Office; 07-24-2015, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Good read. I hope you can make one for Barrera and Floyd too.

Comment

I like Cliff and all but I still can't get over his whole Calzaghe and Trinidad are ATGs, but Oscar isn't , I like how he said Pacman would never compete at welterwight with the likes of Cotto and Margarito too ...

I still wonder if Oscar asked his girlfriend to shove a ***** up his ass back in the day or something, because Cliff is usually more than lenient on other guys.....hell doesnt he rank Chocolatito as p4p #1 on nothing more than the eye test?......
        Last edited by -Hyperion-; 09-22-2015, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
          I like Cliff and all but I still can't get over his whole Calzaghe and Trinidad are ATGs, but Oscar isn't , I like how he said Pacman would never compete at welterwight with the likes of Cotto and Margarito too ...

I still wonder if Oscar asked his girlfriend to shove a ***** up his ass back in the day or something, because Cliff is usually more than lenient on other guys.....hell doesnt he rank Chocolatito as p4p #1 on nothing more than the eye test?......
          Excuse me? I'm happy to debate with anyone but that's out of line. Behave yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by crold1 View Post
            Excuse me? I'm happy to debate with anyone but that's out of line. Behave yourself.
            I'm kinda making fun of Oscar with that offensive comment, but sorry if it isn't clear I guess.

Comment

I'm kinda making fun of Oscar with that offensive comment, but sorry if it isn't clear I guess.
              It was ****** either way. There's no need to make personal references. I don't. This is boxing convo.

As to Oscar, I laid out my thinking. It was also years ago that I wrote that and things can be re-evaluated. I just haven't done that. My impression of him is pretty much: great for the game, took on the right guys, front runner who just wasn't very good past eight rounds on too many occasions.

Feel free to disagree. There was a time when Pac fighting the likes of those guys seemed ridiculous. He proved otherwise. New evidence merits new evaluation. No one is right all of the time and I never claim to be.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
                Good read. I hope you can make one for Barrera and Floyd too.
                Both are on the list. I have a Barrera one started, as well as one for Vitali and one for Darchinyan. Vic is probably closest to done. I wanted to do it a little closer to the Froch one but it will probably be next. Similar careers in a lot of ways.

Thanks for reading.

Comment

None are ATG's IMO.

But Trinidad and Oscar are definitely closer than Calzaghe is.

Calzaghe IMO is lucky to be in the HOF let alone ATG discussions.

Comment

Both are on the list. I have a Barrera one started, as well as one for Vitali and one for Darchinyan. Vic is probably closest to done. I wanted to do it a little closer to the Froch one but it will probably be next. Similar careers in a lot of ways.

Thanks for reading.
                    Great. I read most of them. I'll read the rest tomorrow with my free time. Thanks

Comment

It was ****** either way. There's no need to make personal references. I don't. This is boxing convo.

As to Oscar, I laid out my thinking. It was also years ago that I wrote that and things can be re-evaluated. I just haven't done that. My impression of him is pretty much: great for the game, took on the right guys, front runner who just wasn't very good past eight rounds on too many occasions.

Feel free to disagree. There was a time when Pac fighting the likes of those guys seemed ridiculous. He proved otherwise. New evidence merits new evaluation. No one is right all of the time and I never claim to be.
                      In my opinion, I think Oscar deserve a spot in 51-100 ATG Rankings and RJJ in 21-50 ATG Rankings.

Comment

Working...
                      X