No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
    Calzaghe would have never got in the Super 6 tournament. It would be too much risk and fighting a badly faded Roy Jones who almost knocked him out and an old Hopkins who also almost knocked him out in the first round to me proves he was vastly overrated and merely waited out talent till it was over the hill or in decline. Calzaghe 0 means nothing compared to Froch's record.
    I see it exactly opposite from you. I have so little faith in Froch, that if he were to fight Jones Jr. this fall, I would favor Jones. And that goes double for Hopkins. I'd take Hopkins any day over Froch regardless of where they fought.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      Excuses? Ward easily beat Froch so why and the hell would he need to make excuses about a second fight?
      I dunno why he would make excuses, I think Ward won the fight quite clearly too. But he didn't want the rematch, maybe he tasted the power, maybe he was too afraid to leave his city, I have no idea. You should ask him why he made those excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        I dunno why he would make excuses, I think Ward won the fight quite clearly too. But he didn't want the rematch, maybe he tasted the power, maybe he was too afraid to leave his city, I have no idea. You should ask him why he made those excuses.
        Quite simply, other then for a payday, Ward never needed to rematch Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
          if ward were to retire today, he would probably be inducted into the ibhof, right? do you think he still would be if he hadn't fought and beaten froch? i mean his pro reputation largely rests on that couplet of wins over froch and kessler - who are each other's equals, to my mind - yet, as you said, those two fighters are essentially 'b level' fighters (both having been soundly beaten whenever they stepped up to 'a level' fighters like ward and calzaghe). so does ward's pro resume actually justify his reputation?

the 'your boy' comment was meant flippantly, i actually enjoy your posts when you aren't being a megalomaniac

i could see some bonkers writers not voting for andre ward, and voting for carl froch. i wouldn't vote for either, personally. i have no doubts at all that ward has the talent and the ability to be a bonafide great, and a hall of famer, but his accomplishments really don't stack up yet.

if it were up to me, i'd kick a lot of th guys in canastota out. it would make it a hell of a lot easier to justify my decisions. you can't keep carl froch out when you have arturo gatti in your hall of fame. for that reason i'm not going to kick and scream when carl froch gets into the hall of fame.

ward's ability eclipses his resume to date, no doubt. no doubt at all. he was all but retired for several years of his prime. so were louis and ali, incidentally.

Comment

he beat carl froch with two broken bones in his left hand. he is left handed!
            and atlantic city is 300 miles away from oakland. 3000 miles! for perspective, london is only around 3500 miles away. the flight is around 2-3 hours longer because you are travelling against the jestream.

you are telling me that 500 extra miles and 2-3 hours of flight time is why andre ward beat carl froch? are you telling me that it had any impact at all? if so, i'd like to know what specific impact it had. scoring? fatigue? home town cooking? hostile crowd?

what? tell me!

if you think he's afraid of carl froch's power you are freaking crazy. crazy. just batsh#t nuts, and in need of help.

Comment

In response to one part of the article, Froch very openly and very often called out Ward after their first fight and this continued till the Kessler rematch, after which froch stopped. About the same time Ward went into limbo.

Ward, on at least two separate occasions on British TV said "I'll only fight Froch in the US" and then said "Froch ain't even calling me out". Those are paper thin excuses.

he talked a lot of crap while ward was rehabbing a shoulder, two broken bones in his dominant hand, dealing with kelly pavlik losing his mind, in a bonafide lawsuit with his promotor.

he literally retired within a month of andre ward coming back! he's even on record saying it's not a fight he wanted! you can't act like froch wanted a rematch with andre ward, and that ward was scared. he f#cking embarassed carl froch. you don't fear a man you beat 10-2. not even you are that ******. lol.

i think ward was an idiot for the way he handled his issues with his promotor, for the record. goossen got him nice paydays and TV dates.

Comment

Oh look a Carl Froch thread and NE is ****ing on repeatedly about Ward's ho-hum decision win over him 4 years ago

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                  Oh look a Carl Froch thread and NE is ****ing on repeatedly about Ward's ho-hum decision win over him 4 years ago

it definitely has nothing to do with the topic! i'll stop.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    it definitely has nothing to do with the topic! i'll stop.
                    Your constant attempts to make Carl Froch's entire career revolve around Andre Ward is admirable if a little desperate.

The fact is that Froch went on to have the most successful period of his career post-Ward.

But you tell it that Froch was ruined mentally and physically that fateful night in Atalantic City. Preach!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Your constant attempts to make Carl Froch's entire career revolve around Andre Ward is admirable if a little desperate.

The fact is that Froch went on to have the most successful period of his career post-Ward.

But you tell it that Froch was ruined mentally and physically that fateful night in Atalantic City. Preach!

no i don't. certainly not physically. ward probably suffered more physically in that fight, honestly. he broke [rebroke] two bones in his dominant hand.

he was embarassed, and it was clear after that fight that there was no cause for a rematch. froch knew it. he had plenty of confidence to face ward before fight, and didn't ahve it after the fight. we don't have to say that he's "ruined" to recognize that reality. unless we are all or nothing, side-taking bsceners, which i certainly am not.

british fighters can "go back home," and that's exactly what he did. he fought lucian bute, a supremely overrated fighter. then he fought a weight drained yusaf mack, an aging kessler, needed two george groves fights to get a convincing win [and was nearly knocked out in the first fight.]

his run as the best active SMW on the planet was a product of andre ward's injuries, promotional issues, and kelly pavlik losing his freaking mind. ward came back, and froch retired. that's a reality. you can discount it if you'd like. it really doesn't bother me if when a brit gets it wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X