Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Measured Against All Time: Carl Froch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top fighter, not one of my faves but respect where it's deserved. Fought the best and his losses were razor thin, one of which he avenged.

Comment

ATG chin, ATG conditioning, ATG fighter? Nope. It was great having him around though. Always entertained in and out of the ring, and I can't believe nobody has mentioned his missus yet!

He's one of those fighters that I think would've done better in the 15 round era. I think he'd have beaten Ward over 15 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by german12johnson View Post
        So u saying froch is better than ward
        Not at all. They had 12 rounds and sorted that out

Comment

I'll let you in on a little secret, carl froch once knocked out george groves infront of 80,000 fans at wembley.

Comment

Bump.

In terms of fighters faced in victory and defeat Froch probably has the deepest resume in 168 history. Maybe Kessler because he fought 3 of the top 5/6 168'ers in history (Calzaghe, Ward, Froch x2). But Froch fought him twice, Ward and has wins over Bute, Pascal, Taylor, Abraham, Johnson and Groves x2 to boot. Add to that Robin Reid & Magee earlier in his career and a close stinker with Dirrell and you have a resume that would still qualify him as a top 10 p4p fighters.

HOF for sure.
            Last edited by £-4-£; 09-03-2020, 04:14 PM.

Comment

carl froch-enstein.

Comment

To me, he'll always be the guy who lost to a one-handed Andre Ward and whose hoe card was pulled by Golovkin.

Comment

Working...
                X