Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being margarito tough a dying breed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They got filtered out as people realized tough personas are fraudulent when you cheat and get completely outboxed by better skilled fighters who know how to box.

I would say someone like GGG or Matthysse is better all around than the overhyped Margaritos, Provodnikovs and Hattons

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post

Is it a dying breed.
      Thank God! We dont need any more cheaters in the sport!!!

We have the plaster cheaters out of the sport, now we need to get the roid cheaters out!!

Then, the "scale" cheats! Those who will severely dyhadrate themselves to gain and advantage on fight night and avoid their true weight div....Canelo, Garcia, Chavez Jr., etc.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        margarito is blind in one eye because of that style. it's a testament to his chin and conditioning that he isn't eating through a straw already.

you don't teach a kid how to fight like that. if he turns professional and makes the decision as a grown man to fight like that, you let him.

antonio margarito has the best chin i've ever seen on any fighter. all that means is that i've seen him take hellish punishment without going down. it's not a great thing on its own.

i have a hard time appreciating anyting about margarito other than his chin. i'll never forgive he and capetillo for what they did to miguel cotto, kermit cintron, and others.
        Hagler?........

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
          margarito is blind in one eye because of that style. it's a testament to his chin and conditioning that he isn't eating through a straw already.

you don't teach a kid how to fight like that. if he turns professional and makes the decision as a grown man to fight like that, you let him.

antonio margarito has the best chin i've ever seen on any fighter. all that means is that i've seen him take hellish punishment without going down. it's not a great thing on its own.

i have a hard time appreciating anyting about margarito other than his chin. i'll never forgive he and capetillo for what they did to miguel cotto, kermit cintron, and others.
          This is TRUE!

Nothing more to say in this thread about the cheat.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
            I think the reality TV culture that took over high profile boxing events really changed the landscape.

Youngsters have a personal, almost unhealthy attachment to undefeated fighters and get sad when they lose, feel all wet in the vagina when they're spotted with a celebrity or win some award, etc.
            THis is some real talk

Comment

The methodology of the boxer/runner has taken over the sport. Kids coming up look at a guy like Mayweather and his sucess figuring that's the most effective way to fight. People are also more aware about the effects of concussions and brain damage nowadays.

Comment

Swarmers itself seem to be a dying breed.

On another note to maby fighters wanna be mayweather and will ruin their own potential and marketability . Likely get knocked out. Look at harrison for example. Broner for example. There are more to come

Comment

Young kids emulate Floyd because he is a complete fighter. WHy would a young kid want to emulate a face first cheater?

The sports needs less average punching bags like Margs and more complete fighters like Floyd.

Of course these kids should fight like a younger Floyd, not Floyd at 38.

Comment

Sports injuries are scrutinized more these days, especially head trauma. People are more aware of this. A lot of stories are coming out of the woodworks of athletes who have sustained injuries in their primes that have led to many ailments in their old age.

You know who's a real tough guy? Gabe Rosado. You know who I think is going to have brain problems when he hits middle/late age? Gabe Rosado.

Comment

If I was to train a fighter I'd have him slip and bob like Iron Mike , I'd teach him the body attack of Julio,I'd teach him the in and out and angles of Pacquiao, I'd teach him the shoulder roll of Floyd and how to hold like Floyd I'd teach him how to throw straight Punches, I 'd also teach him how to throw fast combos like Meldrick Taylor and last I wouldn't teach him how to duck or wait till fighters become wash up like Floyd or fight at catch weights

Comment

Working...
                      X