Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is being margarito tough a dying breed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah american kids are getting very soft.

Pressure fighting is looking to vecome extinct soon. Most these kids have no headmovement and their best form of defense is half step back and sidesteps. Thats it.

Comment

No. Boxers of great courage have always been in boxing and always will be. Margarito was very brave and tough but there are other boxers just as brave. Always have been and always will be. When you fight for a living you almost have to be brave.

Comment

Margarito is a man who disgraced himself and a proud boxing nation. Why his name keeps coming up is beyond me. You want tough look to Salido. Dude was fighting at 15 and took a whole bunch of early losses but still persevered.

Comment

Originally posted by Cruisin' View Post
          dude leo santa cruz is mexican

if that guy isn't a fraud scared b1tch then neither are cotto and mickey rourke
          hes Americanized.

Comment

Lol there are fighters that are tough. But most aren't dumb enough to wanna get punched in the face for 30 minutes straight

Comment

I think a reason for this is that mma is becoming the fight sport, meaning that kids trying to learn to fight will try to learn mma instead of boxing. I don't blame them considering how some boxers "fight" nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by ea22 View Post
                I think a reason for this is that mma is becoming the fight sport, meaning that kids trying to learn to fight will try to learn mma instead of boxing. I don't blame them considering how some boxers "fight" nowadays.
                yeah definitely, if you're an angry young guy in the US you probably look straight at MMA

boxing is becoming more of a niche sport like curling or ping pong where we have to pretend we are amazed by some guy's shoulder twitching 2 centimeters

Comment

You can be defensive and be a pressure fighter
                  Cotto, Maythsse, Garcia etc etc

Comment

Just look at all those 3 names who mentioned. Provo is almost certain going to suffers from health problems with his fighting style, Margarito lost his eye and still going through his own personal trouble and Hatton became a drug taker/abuser along with his alcohol dependency. All of those 3 use there lack of skill to develop a fighting style that makes a career lucrative but short in the longer run.

Comment

So if a boxer avoids punches, he's useless?? Is that the thread topic

Comment

Working...
                      X