No announcement yet.

Is being margarito tough a dying breed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is being margarito tough a dying breed

Where is all the provodnikovs and margaritos and hattons at .

Is it a dying breed.

Every gym i enter all kids fat slow skinny goofy slick quick tall short
    mexican asian russian black white american
    is sparring like they wanna be the next mayweather.. no tough styles
    no boxer punchers.. these kids all wanna fight just like floyd. These young pros as well.
    Im like wtf ,style doesnt suit them but still.

Yes they are, but they have been a dying breed since the 80s, we have now got to a point where there are very few truly tough fighters. Not sure Margarito is the best example, but I understand what you are trying to get across.

Comment

I'm not even understanding what your asking here, is it about his style (Your post) or his toughness? (The title of the thread)

If it's toughness then there is plenty of that, if it's style, why the fuck would anyone want to fight like Margarito? Most have a choice, Margarito sort of didn't since he wasn't much of an athlete.

Comment

Provodnikov is like him. Herrera also is. Cheating Salido.

Comment

Nobody wants to keep getting hit. Thats why alot of fighters fight defensively. Also its alot more effective.

Comment

I think the reality TV culture that took over high profile boxing events really changed the landscape.

Youngsters have a personal, almost unhealthy attachment to undefeated fighters and get sad when they lose, feel all wet in the vagina when they're spotted with a celebrity or win some award, etc.

So that's what everyone guns for because that's where the money is.

Back in our day sonny... Boxing was about watching 2 dumb convicts ruin each others faces. Hell yeah.
            Last edited by ////; 07-16-2015, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Yeah the sport is slowly moving from prize figthting to showbiz type of fighting I blame it on american privileged. These American fighters (if it werent for the Mexican Amercian Figthers) all fight like Amatuers, dont get hit and hit and empahsis is on 'dont get hit' and even if they must sacrifice hitting their opponent.

Its a sad way boxing is going.

But cant blame it on just boxing generation after generation of these Americans are soft.

Comment

Originally posted by CANELOLUJAH View Post
                Yeah the sport is slowly moving from prize figthting to showbiz type of fighting I blame it on american privileged. These American fighters (if it werent for the Mexican Amercian Figthers) all fight like Amatuers, dont get hit and hit and empahsis is on 'dont get hit' and even if they must sacrifice hitting their opponent.

Its a sad way boxing is going.

But cant blame it on just boxing generation after generation of these Americans are soft.
                dude leo santa cruz is mexican

if that guy isn't a fraud scared b1tch then neither are cotto and mickey rourke

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                  I'm not even understanding what your asking here, is it about his style (Your post) or his toughness? (The title of the thread)

If it's toughness then there is plenty of that, if it's style, why the fuck would anyone want to fight like Margarito? Most have a choice, Margarito sort of didn't since he wasn't much of an athlete.
                  Or have an extensive amateur background.

Comment

It's tough for a sane human being to go out there and become a punching bag.

Comment

Working...
                    X