No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Mayweather Needs Me More Than I Need Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Mayweather Needs Me More Than I Need Him

Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya (39-6-30KOs) is not surprised that Floyd Mayweather Jr. is interested in a rematch.

Last week, De La Hoya revealed that he's strongly considered the possibility of a comeback. The former five division world champion, 42-years-old, retired after suffering a TKO defeat to Manny Pacquiao in 2008.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mayweather's biggest paychecks came after Dela Hoya retired - exactly when Mayweather came back from retirement.

Comment

I don't know how Oscar is figuring that one because his promotional company is foundering. At least to me, it seems that he needs Mayweather a lot more than the other way around. Floyd is owed a guarantee of about $30 Mil by CBS/Showtime no matter who he fights.

Comment

Lmao...

Oscar needs floyd...

Gbp is going downhill since haymon fighters and Schafer left...

Floyd ain't talking about Oscar, but Oscar talking about floyd... Shows who needs who...

Oscar turning into khan, with all this mayweather talk

Comment

i agree only bc floyd wants any easy fight for a lot of money or a easy for that willl less under 1 million either way (berto/mayfield)

im fine with the fight floyd just want to retire already and i want him to do so to..he owes me nothing more as a fan

Comment

Someone needs to tell him to put the coke down. It's gone on long enough.

Comment

oscar's rematch clause meant nothing...2 month after floyd took his wbc title..there was a jr mid bout for that vacated belt...oscar tries to hide that fact

Comment

Really!?!?!?!?

Floyd made (take home pay) 270+ Million in his last fight and is guaranteed 32 million in his next fight. How much revenue has GBP generated in the last year?????

I think ODLH needs to focus more on rejuvenating GBP than worrying about Floyd and Mayweather Promotions. Because the math shows that Floyd is doing better than most fortune 500 companies, and the math doesn't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
                  oscar's rematch clause meant nothing...2 month after floyd took his wbc title..there was a jr mid bout for that vacated belt...oscar tries to hide that fact
                  To be fair, Mayweather turned down that fight because a rematch would have been no different financially. Mayweather (probably wrongly) refused to be considered the B-side after previously beating Hoya.

Cant really blame Oscar for that, although maybe he could have moved a little more for Mayweather considering that Floyd won first up.

Comment

Oscar officially jumped off the plank. He has been saying a lot of wierd things lately. He doesn't even know if his body can take the intense training and needs at least a tune up fight before jumping in there with the top names

Comment

Working...
                    X