Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Mayweather Needs Me More Than I Need Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, I try to like Oscar. When he talks about making all the fights happen--I'm like, "This guy is great!" And he was all nice this past year, making amends with Floyd and kissing his butt, and now he's back to hurling insults. I watched him fight Floyd and was even rooting for him at the time, but at the end of the fight, I knew he'd definitely lost. Oscar the Grouch always comes off so bitter nearly 10 years later. I'm not really a Floyd fan, but I can't negate the fact that he's the best. And one of the best to ever fight. He doesn't fight quite like he used to because he's older and goes more safety first, but damn that guy was fun to watch. And even now with his skill set at 38, if he "sucked" like everyone says, even running he'd get caught and hit enough to be beaten (otherwise everybody would do it and get away with it and be undefeated, no?). So the guy is nothing short of amazing. It's just for all the money he's amassed and what he charges to watch his fights, that you wish you were getting a better show of that skill. But hey--we pay and go to places and pay for drinks and such to watch him, so I guess maybe don't...if it bothers you so much? Ok.

Comment

Oscar stop doing cocaine.

Comment

Shut up Oscar you need floyd he makes more in 1 fight then your company is worth lol

Comment

Word from down South is that around this time next year, Golden Boy will either be financially restructuring or seriously be in the RED. It's obvious he needs a $$ shot in the arm. Company's starting to bleed!! Rumor has it!

Comment

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
            i agree only bc floyd wants any easy fight for a lot of money or a easy for that willl less under 1 million either way (berto/mayfield)

im fine with the fight floyd just want to retire already and i want him to do so to..he owes me nothing more as a fan
            Floyd's pulling the old Devon Alexander switcheroo with Berto and the hard hitta ... throw out some garbage names so everyone can complain and when signs to fight a Guererro type guy everyone will be like "oh ... well.. yea th..thats a little better... thanks Floyd". It will probably be Khan.

Comment

Only thing Oscar is fighting is addiction.

Comment

Id love to see DLH come back and beat Floyd. Of all people id love to see him do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MarsinLeo
                  Oscar is the original Caitlyn Jenner.

I wonder if Oscar will hire Mayweather Sr again to teach him to fight like TBE?

Checkmate!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    lol this guy is beyond delusional mayweather will make 40-50 mil fighting literally whoever he wants seriously i dont know what it is but i just like oscar less everytime he opens his mouth hes so dam delusional and fake to me
                    "I'll beat anybody at 154 except Canelo. His power scares me".

Comment

Mayweather doesn't need anybody. He is the best paid athlete in the world and just made something like 200million his last fight. If I understand his showtime deal he will get at least 30million for his next fight even if the fight is a financial flop. Sure he would love to beat Oscar again and make huge money but he is already so rich that another 30million should do fine. Oscar should stick to promoting. I don't think he will like the results of a comeback. Hopkins is a freak who can still fight well at 50. The majority of boxers including Oscar are way over the hill at 35 and completely washed up at 42.

Comment

Working...
                      X