No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Mayweather Needs Me More Than I Need Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
    DLH is right. Floyd would make the most money with DLH. Floyd is a heavy favorite against everyone else at 147 and no cares to see it.

DLH is right on. Floyd wants the easy out as usual. Why not fight someone where he is not a favorite. He may have to go up in weight so be it.
    Floyd makes the most money with Mayweather-Canelo II or Mayweather-Cotto II; methinks that folks are overestimating the interest in seeing a 42-year, recovering addict Oscar De La Hoya back in the ring.

You add that Floyd likely takes a 90/10 split on every possible fight (sans possibly Mayweather-Brook, as Matchroom Sport will likely lead a UK PPV effort that could likely generate $30m in additional revenue) at 147, so the absolute money point may be wrong as well (after Oscar culled Floyd on a 75/25 split of the first fight, I doubt that he steps in for the rematch at even 30/70, let alone the 10/90 that Floyd is likely too offer for every other fight).

Why not fight someone where he is not a favorite? Because there isn't a fight out there that he wouldn't be the favorite for, outside of Mayweather-Ward at 165 (Ward was 173 with near three weeks to go to the Smith fight, so I see dropping those 8 pounds over three weeks wouldn't wreck him).

Because even if he signs for Mayweather-Golovkin, the fact that Floyd was basically able to nullify a 165-170 Canelo Alvarez (haven't been able to find the actual weight that he arrived at the arena at) to a 10-2 victory would make him a distinct favorite in that fight too.

Comment

Maybe DLH isn't crazy?

Maybe this is an explanation for Jr being evasive about who he wants next after beating Pac?

Maybe this has been in the works for awhile?

Maybe it's not coincidence that DLH is in pretty good shape about now?

If they can hook the middle-aged ladies and with Floyd coming in in a sombrero and with mariachis, etc. for Mexican Independence Day?

Sheeeeiiiittttt...if we had a counting-money smiley (hint hint), it would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
        Floyd makes the most money with Mayweather-Canelo II or Mayweather-Cotto II; methinks that folks are overestimating the interest in seeing a 42-year, recovering addict Oscar De La Hoya back in the ring.

You add that Floyd likely takes a 90/10 split on every possible fight (sans possibly Mayweather-Brook, as Matchroom Sport will likely lead a UK PPV effort that could likely generate $30m in additional revenue) at 147, so the absolute money point may be wrong as well (after Oscar culled Floyd on a 75/25 split of the first fight, I doubt that he steps in for the rematch at even 30/70, let alone the 10/90 that Floyd is likely too offer for every other fight).

Why not fight someone where he is not a favorite? Because there isn't a fight out there that he wouldn't be the favorite for, outside of Mayweather-Ward at 165 (Ward was 173 with near three weeks to go to the Smith fight, so I see dropping those 8 pounds over three weeks wouldn't wreck him).

Because even if he signs for Mayweather-Golovkin, the fact that Floyd was basically able to nullify a 165-170 Canelo Alvarez (haven't been able to find the actual weight that he arrived at the arena at) to a 10-2 victory would make him a distinct favorite in that fight too.
        Stop replying to these ******s; I don't think they believe have the stuff they type.

Comment

Oscar just running around saying stupid **** the last few days

Stop being a fuking attention whore and promote your young fighters instead of making it about YOU OSCAR!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
            Oscar calling it exactly how it is.
            FRAUD goes where the bread is, Low risk helps too,

and Oscar brings a wheel barrel filled with $$$!!!

Comment

I really would like to see these interviews on videos, there's no way he's saying this with a straight face.

Comment

I don't think for a second that Oscar is serious about making a comeback but if he is a more realistic opponent would be Chavez Jr. It would make for big drama in Mexico...Jr trying to avenge his father's honour...probably big money and maybe Oscar might have a chance. Talking up a Mayweather rematch just makes Oscar look like a delusional crackhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post

Certified scattered brain

Comment

Working...
                  X