Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward is the best fighter over 160 easily

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel he is unquestionably the best fighter over 160.

He has all the tools you could want: footwork, timing, sharp and accurate shots, precision, variation, defence, counter punching, inside game, high ring IQ....He's a terrific fighter.

You don't beat Carl Froch and Mikkel Kessler comfortably if you're not a bit special.

Mayweather, Rigondeaux, Ward...P4P they are clearly the 3 best fighters in the sport.

Comment

Obvious talent but lets see him vs Dirrell or someone who isn't going to impersonate a punchbag.

I mean he just beat a past prime domestic level fighter who parries jabs with his forehead, lets not get too carried away.

Comment

He is skilled and has very good fundamentals but I am yet to see him fight one opponent who isn't made to order so I feel the jury is still out on him. How good he is is anybodies guess really.

Kessler, Abraham, Smith, Froch some good fighters, two in particular but they are made for him stylistically. Lets see him fight a guy who isn't your stereotypical European robot!
        They're solid basic fighters.

Lets see how he handles a Dirrell or Kovalev even a Stevenson. I want to see him fight one of those before I call him p4p anything.
        Great jab, solid footwork, high ring I.Q he is definitely a very good boxer but I need to see him against someone I believe causes him problems before I can truly gauge just how good he really is.
        Maybe a DeGale as well, I expect him to win that fight but I'd like to see it and how he handled that particular style or any of the three above.

Comment

Canelo is the best fighter above 154 and below 155.1.

Comment

Ward just got lucky and had the benefit of the officials when he virtually DOMINATED everyone in his division, in fact if Aleida Byrd was judging many decisions would have gone the other way for Ward ....Yes

The secret to Wards success is indeed in his head butting, not any boxing skills to speak of, not his ability to fight inside, move well, punch accurately, virtually never get touched up....or course

Froch would have mauled Ward if they had fought in...nottingham and then there would have been a big parade for Karl and Robin Hood instead of a drug bust on international avenue near the San Leandro line in Alameda county...yes

Fighters like Clinchko, who cannot move, cannot fight inside, has a glass chin and fights scrubbs are more skilled than Ward because the one thing clitchko can do...throw punches, Ward can also do, but well....of course of course

And any fighter that Ward beat is indeed either exhausted, weight drained, a victim of Ward's chicanery, or afraid to fight in Oakland which is why Ward gets his hand raised...you bet

Carry on.
            Last edited by billeau2; 06-24-2015, 04:51 PM.

Comment

WArd vs kovalev would look similar to Hopkins-kovalev

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Wladimir ****ing Klitschko is not even close to as skilled as Andre Ward.
                Now wait a second! Just to shut you up lets do a comparison:

1. Accurate punching about equal

2. Chin Hummm? Well find out about Ward's chin yet!!! as soon as some one learns how to hit him. Vlad's hit the deck a few times but...hey hes a heavy weight.

3. Defense Ward hasn't been hit solid in about ten years but nothing beats the klitschko clinch!

4. Fighting in all ranges....Well...lets see Klitchko can fight inside he just doesn't have to!!

5. competition well lets see....the ups guy Klitschko faces was one of those mean Samoan guys when has Ward faces a mean Samoan!!? Aundrey Dawson? he was just weight drained! Froch was afraid to fight in Oakland!

Seriously I cannot believe the Ward haters. And then to compare a one dimensional puncher in a weak division to a guy who can do it all is really silly.

Ward is the most complete fighter out there right now, bar none. Floyd is on a par but Ward has a whole other dimension with his inside game.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  The man has a high boxing IQ,hand speed and is accurate as all get out. The guy will not lose anytime soon. I think Stevenson and Kovalev need to unify soon and Ward will move up and fight the Lineal/undisputed chmapion
                  Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and CJ Ross can see that happening....but haters still hate though

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    Canelo is the best fighter above 154 and below 155.1.
                    green k worthy post but I gotta spread the love before I can hit you up

Comment

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
                      If you think Ward only has illegal tactics, then you do not possess a great understanding on the craft of boxing. (...)

Ward is very skilled... very gifted... very intelligent in the ring...

... and he also masters various illegal tactics, which are obvious as they all are on tape... they are not invented by "haters"...

Comment

Working...
                      X