No announcement yet.

Andre Ward is the best fighter over 160 easily

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    You already mentioned 2 guys who have done more in the last 2 years than Ward. Now let's include Wlad, who is better than Ward skill wise, power wise and accomplishment wise and Ward may be the 4th best fighter north of 160.
    Wladimir ****ing Klitschko is not even close to as skilled as Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      if that's the case, then froch is all but retired himself. he's fought nobody not named groves in the past calendar year. if you go back further, you have a blind, all but retired kessler. kessler was once a good fighter, but he looked his age in the second froch fight. then you have the great yusaf mack! and at 168 lbs, no less, where he was a zombie!

dawson at 168 is a better fight than mack at 168. unless you're a moron / froch fan.
      Don't you actually follow boxing at all? Kessler IS retired and has been for quite a while now. And yes, I agree that Froch is all but retired and will likely never fight GGG. I'm not a Froch fan boy and I don't know why Ward fans automatically assume that everyone who does not like Ward is a Froch fan. There are fans of every boxer who believe that Ward is the most over rated fighter to come along in ages. Until Ward fights top level fighters outside of Oakland with neutral officials, I will consider him to be a protected fighter who has no balls.

Comment

I think Kovalev beats him.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          Well Ward did say in the past that he would beat a Klitschko one day, and Wlad will be retiring soon, so why doesn't Ward stand up and be a man of his word and fight Wlad before it's too late? I don't want to hear a couple of years from now how Ward would have beaten Wlad if only he hadn't retired. Let's see the fight NOW!!!

Comment

He might be the best fighter in the sport, period. Mayweather's not what he used to be.
            Hard to argue with this.

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Kovalev has beaten two boxers Ward avoided: Hopkins and Pascal.
            I must've missed that memo...

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
              He should have no worries making that fight ASAP then as it will be - in your own words "easy".

I think Ward could very win, but i don't see it being easy otherwise Ward wouldn't bother with needing crap tune-ups.
              I don't say easy because Kovalev is bad or not dangerous. I say it because I think the rounds would be clear and I don't see anything Kovalev could change up on his tactic or repair his flaws to make it a lot closer after the first few rounds.
              Also nobody says that Pac is a bad fighter and most of the people don't underrate or overlook him but his fight against Mayweather was still a wide, clear, easy UD for Mayweather, because Pac couldn't change a thing on his strategy. He tried what he does all the time and usually he is very successful with that but not against Mayweather --> clear wide May UD
              I think the same would happen on Kovalev vs Ward. Kovalev would try to do what he does all the time and usually very successful with it but it wouldn't work with Ward --> wide, clear Ward UD.
              Last edited by HEND; 06-24-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                I would say that the odds makers in Vegas would be smart enough to wait to see the result of Ward fighting a solid 175 pounder before making any predictions one way or the other. They don't base their odds on which fighter's @ss they are licking or not.

How about Ward fights Beterbiev as a tune up?

And by the way... I have NEVER seen Ward beat anyone to a pulp. Not even Shelby Pudwill or Poo Bear Buchanan. He did do his best to head butt Kessler to a pulp, however.

you don't read so well. nowhere is it implied that ward is beating anybody to a pulp. his style doesnt' beat guys to a pulp. he beats them on the outside with boxing, and in close he's rough, but he doesn't beat guys bloody as a general rule.

that said, he beat smith to a bulp. dude's face was a total mess.

beterbiev's people would never take that fight, but ward would be the favorite if they did.
                let's talk resumes now

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  Hard to argue with this.

I must've missed that memo...
                  In fact, Hopkins was the one who said he would never fight Andre Ward. I don't know about Pascal, I can't recall any serious talk about it.

Comment

your an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by Barcham View Post
                      Don't you actually follow boxing at all? Kessler IS retired and has been for quite a while now. And yes, I agree that Froch is all but retired and will likely never fight GGG. I'm not a Froch fan boy and I don't know why Ward fans automatically assume that everyone who does not like Ward is a Froch fan. There are fans of every boxer who believe that Ward is the most over rated fighter to come along in ages. Until Ward fights top level fighters outside of Oakland with neutral officials, I will consider him to be a protected fighter who has no balls.

do you know how to read ?
                      i usually don't make fun of the illiterate, but this keeps happening. i'm starting to think you're doing it on purpose.

kessler was "all but retired" when he fought froch, as the sentence implies.

froch and ward fought in atlantic city. that's not oakland, contrary to what the little limeys believe. AC is almost as far from oakland as nottingham. and an american judge almost robbed ward, too

Comment

Working...
                      X