Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Cotto-Canelo being billed as the next "Super fight"? Canelo ain't elite.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a great fight because a shot Cotto has a real chance at beating Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
      ABOUT SUMS UP MY REACTION TO ALL OF YOUR POSTS...

Comment

Who claiming it on mayweather pacquaio status? get out the house and stop living in your hater mind.

Its just a great fight to be made with two top level fighters with a huge following and star power.

Comment

Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
          It's a great fight because a shot Cotto has a real chance at beating Canelo.
          you did will pussy out and make canelo fight at 152? or will he man it up and fight at 154

Comment

Originally posted by PR ESQ. View Post

ABOUT SUMS UP MY REACTION TO ALL OF YOUR POSTS...
            Good! I rather get credit from true boxing fans than stans any day.

Comment

Styles makes fights. Plus the whole Puerto Rico vs Mexico rivalry.

Honestly I haven't ever seen Cotto or Canelo in a "boring" fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
                Cotto/Canelo is a super fight.

May/Pac was super hype that's all it really comes down to and I all I care about.

I see it passing up 1 million because Cotto/Marg I and II got 500 and 600k... Cotto is a bigger star now than when he was for the rematch and Canelo is FAR more the draw than Marg ever was.
                They're the 3rd and 4th biggest stars in boxing, in whichever order you think they belong. It's going to sell huge.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                  Ok I get you

Level 1: Fight -- Fighter A against Fighter B for divisional ranking or title fight
                  Level 2: A Big Fight -- This could be PPV fight between stars (Cotto/Martinez or any other fight similar to this; Mayweather vs whomever; Pac vs whomever)
                  Level 3: A Super Fight -- Two PPV Stars going at it (Cotto/Canelo; Trinidad/DLH)
                  Level 4: Cross-over fight -- A fight that the casuals/hardcores and Skip Bayless are into (Mayweather/Pacquiao)

For those level 2 and 3 fights, I'm calling my friends over and have BBQs and *****. For those level 4 fights, I'm even bring my grandmom to the houseparty
                  That's a good way to look at it. There's just different levels to it. Not to take anything away from this though. Whether it does 800K PPVs or 1.5 million its a great fight and the atmosphere will be electric wherever it is. This is definitely a fight where you want to be in the arena.

Comment

Originally posted by PR ESQ. View Post
                    nope. not even close. Cotto is a battled tested ATG on his way to Hall of Fame. whereas ODH AND Trinida were at their respective primes. So I hate to bust a nut on canelito fans but a Cotto win or loss doesn't do much to add or detract from his legacy...just his bank account!!!
                    Lol what!!!

A Cotto win wouldn't do good for Canelo's legacy?! Lol **** off!

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                      How could cotto/canelo be a super fight when neither Floyd/cotto, Manny/cotto or Floyd/canelo was?

all those fights did over a million ppv's and Floyd/canelo did over 2 million ppv's.

those are 3 of the 10 biggest ppv fights of all time

what are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                      X