Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighters accepting the fact that they cant continue fighting - a cowardly move?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theirs two type of quits.

When a dude just been pummeled and has no more, then a dude who is scared of the unkown and quit and thats the coward

Comment

Anyone on the Internet who calls boxers cowards is 99% of the time a biatch in real life

Comment

I wouldn't say it's cowardly but it's still quitting. Geale quit rather easily last night. Probably was the weight or whatever but still....he packed it in easily.

Professional fighters are held to a different standard. What I hate worse is when people say "lets see YOU take that kind of punishment" - I'm not a pro fighter, dummy.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          Anyone on the Internet who calls boxers cowards is 99% of the time a biatch in real life
          So that would make you a certified biatch in real life then. Don't worry, I knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            So that would make you a certified biatch in real life then. Don't worry, I knew that.
            Who did I call a coward

Comment

You guys need to watch that left hook again.

Comment

I think the corner needs to step in and wave the towel instead of the fighter telling the ref he's had enough. You would think they would talk about a situation like that in training camp between the fighter and the head trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Some fighters know their limits, they know when they are done. It might look different to the outside world but when you are in there it is totally different. Some fighters look like they can continue but that's just us looking at the way they are.
                  This is true but we also need to take a good look at some of their past fights, fights that seemed questionable. Geale for example already has another one, that was Golovkin. Victor Ortiz has many, this is why I didn't given him the benefit of the doubt against Collazo. I literally saw Ortiz attempt to dodge the last two punches against Collazo, then he sat there looking at the ref, all in an attempt to make it seem as though...he was out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
                    This is true but we also need to take a good look at some of their past fights, fights that seemed questionable. Geale for example already has another one, that was Golovkin. Victor Ortiz has many, this is why I didn't given him the benefit of the doubt against Collazo. I literally saw Ortiz attempt to dodge the last two punches against Collazo, then he sat there looking at the ref, all in an attempt to make it seem as though...he was out of it.
                    That's because they both know their limits, there are different limits for different people (Boxers included), they know when they are done. For me it's not cowardly to recognise where your endurance limit is.

Comment

It's not "quitting". It's "making a sound business decision ".

Comment

Working...
                      X