No announcement yet.

Lomanchenko is the most overhyped fighter on this forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garfios View Post
    Actually you are fighting better boxers in the wsb than in the professional ranks, a least they are fighting the best every country has to offer, not cab drivers from manhattan or mexicali... I don't remember the name of the thai but he was a muay thai world champion, so he didn't came from the amateurs, and what lomachanko tied was a eacord for that division, it doesn't mattar if the gloves are 2oz more, they are not amateur gloves, no headgear and 4 three minutes round, that looks more like a professional bout than amateur...
    When did I say his competition at the WSB wasn't good?
    So you're basically saying that amateur boxing is also professional boxing now? In amateur boxing they use the 10 point system, it's basically like the WSB. They fight 3 three minute rounds, no headgear; the only difference, just like the WSB, they just use even bigger gloves.
    I'm not saying that the WSB didn't prepare him for the professionals, the whole reason why Loma, Usyk, Gvozdyk did the WSB is to get a feel of professional boxing against elite amateurs.

You're wrong about the Thai fighter winning a belt in his first fight. Only 3 fighters fought for a belt in their pro debut and they were not successful: Pete Rademacher, Jack Skelly, Rafael Lovera.
    Loma tied the record with a Thai fighter, unless you want to count his WSB fights.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to come out as an ****** or anything. If you have some info, I'll be more than happy to read up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      There are a lot of people claiming he should already be in the top ten P4P rankings. He's had five pro fights, 4-1, with one loss against the only champion he's faced so far. He's a great prospect and has an exciting future, but he is getting ridiculously overhyped already.

He has good potential, but people are rating him on his future potential when he has four freakin wins not one of which was against a top fighter and one loss against the only top fighter he fought. Give him time to reach the potential before rating him on it people!

He's got a long way before getting to the top ten rankings. Currently, he's not even close. If you want to compare them, as you think Rigo obviously think Rigo is the overhyped guy with 'only one good win' let's have a look shall we?

I'm not saying this is you saying Loma should be there and Rigo not, but there are many people saying Loma should be in the P4P lists.

Lomas best win is Gary Russell. By far. It's his only good win. However, Russell had never beaten anyone of note, or even fought anyone of note. He now has one win over 33 year old, 55-10 on again, off again Johnny Gonzalez. He was famous as an untested TBA prospect. It was the very definition of a gimme title. A guy coming off a loss and the other guy unknown, untested prospect fighting for a vacant title.

The other three wins were against Jose Ramirez, Gamellier Rodriguez, and Chonlatarn Piripinyo. None of those three were champions, none had ever been champion and only one, Piripinyo, had ever fought for a title years before against Chris John and lost every round. None were ranked in the top of their division and none were number one, two or three contenders. Basically all three were just stay busy, get experience fights against guaranteed wins.

His lone fight against top opposition, he lost a clear decision against a guy who came in a few pounds over the limit, but who was also well past his best and on a sharp decline and was considered good timing to fight because of it.

All fine for a young, new fighter looking to get wins and experience. Not fine for a guy people are saying be in the top ten P4P rankings, or competing for a spot with guys like Rigo and Roman Gonzalez (yes, I've seen a couple of people mention this now). Gonzalez, a seven year, three division champion with wins over many former, future and current champions, including top P4P fighters.

Now you say Rigo has 'one good win'. That obviously being Donaire, a future HOFer. That one win alone puts him head and shoulders above Loma, even if it was his only good win. Considering the dominating nature of the win and level of opposition, a top five P4Per, that win along with his others puts him up for consideration. That's not his only good win though. So Rigo beat top P4P and future HOFer Donaire, Joseph Agbeko: a top 2x world champion, Rico Ramos: an undefeated 20-0 current champion, Ricardo Cordoba: a former WBA champion, and many top contenders and title challengers of the type that make up Lomas entire four win resume, like Kokietgym, Andrade, Marroquin, Kennedy, Casey, and A****sa.

As it stands, they don't even remotely compare. Loma has time, youth and already getting great experience, but he doesn't belong anywhere near a P4P list and the people suggesting he does are ****ing buffoons.

He has a Rico Ramos level win at the top of his resume and three wins on the level of Kennedy, Casey etc for Rigo. His one fight on the level of an Agbeko level fighter, he lost. He's fighting a solid guy up next that is back to the level of a Salido, so we'll see. Until then, and even after then, he's not near a top ten P4P list and that and needs to be given time to just progress and be given merit as he deserves, not for his future potential.
      Surely you're not comparing Salido to Agbeko...

Comment

Overhyped? I can't say that I agree as he hasn't underperformed in any bout thus far. He took on Salido, a vastly more experienced boxer (as a professional) and he even cheated the weight. Even so, Loma did come back late in the fight and I thought he was taking it to Salido and hurt him a few times.

When Loma completely picked GRJ to pieces, that's when I thought to myself I had underestimated him and that he was an extremely talented boxer. Loma is very, very good and, personally, I feel he will continue to rise to the occasion.
        Last edited by mathed; 05-25-2015, 04:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          I got him on my p4p list at number 10.... I can see how others don't, but I feel loma has legit skills, and I think he is better than garcia, thurman, canelo,.. He should be in everyone's list if he beats Walters...
          True, if he beats Walters, especially in impressive fashion, it'll be hard if not impossible keeping him out at that point

Comment

You have to be ****ting me. Loma shows the skills, the ability, the ring IQ AND the natural talent to run the sport for the next decade. He's literally that good. You know damn well I wouldn't be fans of someone along with the Eastern European bigots on this site unless he was the goods lol.

Comment

If anything...Loma's skill-set is underrated on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                When did I say his competition at the WSB wasn't good?
                So you're basically saying that amateur boxing is also professional boxing now? In amateur boxing they use the 10 point system, it's basically like the WSB. They fight 3 three minute rounds, no headgear; the only difference, just like the WSB, they just use even bigger gloves.
                I'm not saying that the WSB didn't prepare him for the professionals, the whole reason why Loma, Usyk, Gvozdyk did the WSB is to get a feel of professional boxing against elite amateurs.

You're wrong about the Thai fighter winning a belt in his first fight. Only 3 fighters fought for a belt in their pro debut and they were not successful: Pete Rademacher, Jack Skelly, Rafael Lovera.
                Loma tied the record with a Thai fighter, unless you want to count his WSB fights.

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not trying to come out as an ****** or anything. If you have some info, I'll be more than happy to read up on it.
                you are twisting my words, I didn't say you say, I only reply to your post and yes the competition in the wsb is better than a guy that just start in the professional, they build their record with nobodies,in the wsb they use 10oz gloves which is less than the amateur and only 2oz more for some weight class if I recall correctly, but the biggest difference is that they don't use headgear and they fight 4 three minutes rounds, not 3-3 or 4-2, I do beleive that the series is preparing the boxers for a better transition to the professionals... And the most important point is, they are getting pay to fight, that is what make them professionals. I can't recall right now but a Thai fighter won a belt on his first try, he was a muay thai world champ, Ill do the research and let you know.
                Last edited by garfios; 05-25-2015, 05:03 PM.

Comment

I don't like the way he responded when he got hit with low blows. Kovalev would have
                  beheaded the guy and I like that in a fighter. These aren't Gentleman Jim boxing days.

If he beats Walters then he should be in top ten P4P.

Comment

He is undoubtedly special. I love watching him fight. But he has many tests ahead of him before being considered p4p. So far, i think he is amazing.

Not really overhyped considering what he has achieved in so few fights.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                      you are twisting my words or you comprehension is not that sharp, I didn't say you say, I only reply to your post and yes the competition in the wsb is better than a guy that just start in the professional, they build their record with nobodies, they use 10oz gloves which is less than the amateur and only 2oz more for some weight class if I recall correctly, but the biggest difference is that they don't use headgear and they fight 4 three minutes rounds, not 3-3 or 4-2, so if you want to say that he didn't have the experience is up to you, I do beleive that the series is preparing the boxers for a better transition to the professionals...
                      It sounded like you were implying that I didn't think the WSB competition was good. If not then why did you bring that point up, because it had nothing to do with what I said before, you just came out and said, "Actually you are fighting better boxers in the wsb than in the professional ranks". When I never mentioned anything about the level of opposition in the WSB compared to professional ranks early in a boxers career, all I said was that he was competing against other amateur boxers. Of course the WSB experience is better than what other prospects are competiting when they begin their careers; they are fighting top amateurs from around the world after all.
                      You're not even making points. You're basically trying to descredit Loma's accomplishment of winning a title in his third bout, equaling the record. The WSB is similar to professional boxing, but there is differences and that's why they don't count them in a boxers (who competed at the WSB) record. Even if they are just minor differences, apparently those differences are enough. If not there would be several prospects with defeats in their records already.

Comment

Working...
                      X