No announcement yet.

Lomanchenko is the most overhyped fighter on this forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
    GGG maybe, but Gonzalez no. He might not be number two, but he's right up there and unlike many of the other guys ie GGG, he actually has good wins over the top champions in all three divisions that he's been champion in and proved it time and time again against top opposition of all types so far.

You're daft enough to think he lost against Estrada, the only person ive ever heard think that, so that tells everyone all they need to know.
    Where will you rank Gonzalez? I have him P4P but not in the top 5. Too soon to have him around there especially in how he performed against Estrada and avoided him ever since getting gifted.

I gave reasons as to why Estrada won. You provided none, we all can put it in context, I made a thread specifically addressing the fight and why Gonzalez was being overhyped at this particular time.

Comment

Im mexican and ill say roman gonzalez is as overrated as finito lopez was.....sure they pass the eye test, but they lack great opponents in their resume and struggled a lot with the one fighter in their divisions who looked a threat.(Lopez with Alvarez, Gonzalez with Estrada)...not to mention they seemed hesitant to actually test themselves out of their comfort zone(Gonzalez needs to fight Estrada, Lopez needed to fight Chiquita-Carbajal)

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
        Idk...
        Maybe because some people here already put him on P4P lists and state as a fact that he will be the future P4P #1? Maybe because that?
        Loma is very talented and technical but sorry a guy with a 4-1 resume, best win Gary Russell is jut NOT P4P top 10 and period. It's not even debatable.
        Can he be top 10 P4P in the next few years? Yes he can. Does he belong there already? Hell no!
        Some people just swoon over his amateur record and don't realize that his pro resume isn't that great yet to put him on P4P lists and state that he will be a P4P monster anytime soon.
        Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
        Ditto
        Not saying Loma isnt talented but he has a very long way to go
        Hes not even on Mikey Garcias level yet, so he is very far away from any P4P status
        Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Yeah this is undeniable and I agree, it's way too early to be putting him in P4P lists.
        I got him on my p4p list at number 10.... I can see how others don't, but I feel loma has legit skills, and I think he is better than garcia, thurman, canelo,.. He should be in everyone's list if he beats Walters...

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
          I like Loma's style, maybe he can put more poer in his punches because they're sometimes seems to be pitty-patty arm punches but other than that he's very solid and for me much more entertaining than the usual Easter-Euro style, I mean the style Golovkin or Kovalev has.

Well, the thing is Loma is very good at switching up his punches... He'll throw pitty-pat punches and then come through with a power punch, he uses them to set things up which is smart (Loma is a much different fighter than GGG or Kovalev... Loma is a white version of that rare combination of 1 and million athlete talent with a life-time of built up and carefully honed skill (like Ward or Roy jones or Mayweather or Rigo)...

I really, really, really hope Rigo/Loma happens after the Walters fight... Watch Rigo fight... He'll paw that jab out and then fire off a powerful one-two... Rigo is so good that he will REHEARSE the exact combo he's going to do, then he'll actually execute it, and his opponent is still surprised(when the punches land) because his timing and speed is that good...

Now, imagine Loma and Rigo, both with great timing and speed, having to carefully measure each other out... Yeah, it wouldn't be Provo-Mattys... but both guys would want to MAKE SURE that they're winning on points at least... I guess it's possible that they would both be so good as to neutralize a lot of each other's offense/defense, leaving us with a fight in which few punches are landed... Or maybe realizing this, Loma takes a chance on his superior power and takes bigger risks down the stretch... and similarly, Maybe Rigo, realizing for the first time he's not CLEARLY winning on points, takes a risk himself...

So pissed that Arum got rid of/let Rigo go... and kept Donaire... Donaire gets his ass handed to him by Rigo, then gets dropped by Walters...and still he's on the Top Rank/HBO team...

Comment

Where would Loma rank P4P if he were to beat the winner of Gradovich-Selby, Walters, then move up and beat Roman Martinez, or Miura or Uchiyama?

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
              Where would Loma rank P4P if he were to beat the winner of Gradovich-Selby, Walters, then move up and beat Roman Martinez, or Miura or Uchiyama?
              Probably in top 3-4

Comment

Rigo is notches above lomemchenko.. You guys don't know **** about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by darius45 View Post
                  Well, the thing is Loma is very good at switching up his punches... He'll throw pitty-pat punches and then come through with a power punch, he uses them to set things up which is smart (Loma is a much different fighter than GGG or Kovalev... Loma is a white version of that rare combination of 1 and million athlete talent with a life-time of built up and carefully honed skill (like Ward or Roy jones or Mayweather or Rigo)...

I really, really, really hope Rigo/Loma happens after the Walters fight... Watch Rigo fight... He'll paw that jab out and then fire off a powerful one-two... Rigo is so good that he will REHEARSE the exact combo he's going to do, then he'll actually execute it, and his opponent is still surprised(when the punches land) because his timing and speed is that good...

Now, imagine Loma and Rigo, both with great timing and speed, having to carefully measure each other out... Yeah, it wouldn't be Provo-Mattys... but both guys would want to MAKE SURE that they're winning on points at least... I guess it's possible that they would both be so good as to neutralize a lot of each other's offense/defense, leaving us with a fight in which few punches are landed... Or maybe realizing this, Loma takes a chance on his superior power and takes bigger risks down the stretch... and similarly, Maybe Rigo, realizing for the first time he's not CLEARLY winning on points, takes a risk himself...

So pissed that Arum got rid of/let Rigo go... and kept Donaire... Donaire gets his ass handed to him by Rigo, then gets dropped by Walters...and still he's on the Top Rank/HBO team...
                  Excellent break down! I always thought Rigo would be more dangerous fight for Loma than Walters. Not saying that Walters is bad, but Rigo and Loma are just really something special. Walters also presents dangers for both, obviously. I think Loma would have to rough up Rigo, one of them is going to have to get out of their comfort zone because if they both decide to box and make it a chess match, it would just make it more difficult for both.
                  It sucks Top Rank dropped such a talented guy like Rigo. They kept freaking Donaire, who struggled in a rematch with Vic, got KO'ed by Walters and didn't look that good against Vetyeka. Donaire is done imo. I doubt we ever see Loma vs Rigo, because I doubt Top Rank is going to do Rigo and his promoter a favor by letting him fight a Top Rank fighter. Loma will also move up eventually (probably by this time next year imo).

Rigo is going to have to make something happen, he can't just sit down and wait. He's already going on 35! It sucks being a big fan of someone like him and just seeing his career go to waste. It sucks how promoters are treating him. We only get special talent like this a few times in a generation and they are letting it go to waste. Rigo is not even a boring fighter. One thing I noticed from watching him since the amateurs, is that his fights get better the more the opponent comes forward and actually tries! But so far most of Rigo's are opponent have been intimated, the only one that wasn't was Cordoba. But Rigo was so inexperienced to make something out of that match.
                  Money talks that's why he doesn't get his chance.

Comment

I disagree.GGG is the most overhyped.

Comment

Originally posted by HI-TECH Boxing View Post
                      Who exactly was that Thai fighter that won it in his first fight? I'm curious to know, because I thought Loma tied the record with a Thai fighter.
                      The WSB fights are like pro fights but at the same time they are not. You're fighting other amateur boxers. Also, if I'm not mistaken they use slightly bigger gloves in the WSB.
                      Actually you are fighting better boxers in the wsb than in the professional ranks, a least they are fighting the best every country has to offer, not cab drivers from manhattan or mexicali... I don't remember the name of the thai but he was a muay thai world champion, so he didn't came from the amateurs, and what lomachanko tied was a eacord for that division, it doesn't mattar if the gloves are 2oz more, they are not amateur gloves, no headgear and 4 three minutes round, that looks more like a professional bout than amateur...

Comment

Working...
                      X