No announcement yet.

Lomanchenko is the most overhyped fighter on this forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
    This is also a ridiculous statement. Rigondeaux whooped Donaire who was top 5 p4p himself, room his soul and Nonito has never been the same. And just because you picked Rigondeaux to win doesn't mean anything at all. Donaire was the favorite. It wasn't his only good win, he has quality wins and it's not his fault if other top fighters won't fight him because they know they'll lose (Santa Cruz, et al).
    Not at all he's overrated as fk, he whooped Donaire but what has he done since? Nothing but beat on journeymen in Japan and other bums. He's completely overrated, if Loma beats Walters (very tough fight) he should without doubt take Rigo's sport in the p4p lists.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      Not at all he's overrated as fk, he whooped Donaire but what has he done since? Nothing but beat on journeymen in Japan and other bums. He's completely overrated, if Loma beats Walters (very tough fight) he should without doubt take Rigo's sport in the p4p lists.
      I remember when they gave that Donaire that p4p #5 ranking. Don't remember too many on here agreeing with it at the time.
      People only started claiming it to legitimize Rigondeaux's only meaningful win. Very telling.
      The fact that people here are using one of the rankings that was published along with Broner's utterly laughable p4p #6 ranking is even more telling.

Comment

the only complaints i have against lomachenko are that he doesn't sit down on his punches and that he doesn't fight frequently enough for a novice. i don't really hold the salido loss against him as he was basically old man'ed out of the fight and even then you could see him learning and adapting as it progressed. i think that the experience probably benefited him in the long run. if they were to rematch i am sure that lomachenko would win, even with salido significantly outweighing him again. walters could potentially put a dent in his career though. i hope top rank know what they're doing here.

Comment

I don't think he's overhyped. I actually think he has the most potential of all the European imports.

I don't know why anyone would say only blacks hate him when I've seen no evidence of that. I like how people like to just throw racial **** out there without impunity on this site. You could have just added EBT and crack thugs on top of it.

Comment

How can a guy be overhyped, when he is fighting championship level guys in his first few fights..

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              How can a guy be overhyped, when he is fighting championship level guys in his first few fights..
              Idk...
              Maybe because some people here already put him on P4P lists and state as a fact that he will be the future P4P #1? Maybe because that?
              Loma is very talented and technical but sorry a guy with a 4-1 resume, best win Gary Russell is jut NOT P4P top 10 and period. It's not even debatable.
              Can he be top 10 P4P in the next few years? Yes he can. Does he belong there already? Hell no!
              Some people just swoon over his amateur record and don't realize that his pro resume isn't that great yet to put him on P4P lists and state that he will be a P4P monster anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                Idk...
                Maybe because some people here already put him on P4P lists and state as a fact that he will be the future P4P #1? Maybe because that?
                Loma is very talented and technical but sorry a guy with a 4-1 resume, best win Gary Russell is jut NOT P4P top 10 and period. It's not even debatable.
                Can he be top 10 P4P in the next few years? Yes he can. Does he belong there already? Hell no!
                Some people just swoon over his amateur record and don't realize that his pro resume isn't that great yet to put him on P4P lists and state that he will be a P4P monster anytime soon.
                Ditto
                Not saying Loma isnt talented but he has a very long way to go
                Hes not even on Mikey Garcias level yet, so he is very far away from any P4P status

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  For real, man. In Lomachenko's 2nd career fight, he was fighting a guy that was by miles better than anybody that super hyped prospect Gary Russell Jr. (for example) had fought in his 25 professional fights that proceeded his fight with Loma. As a boxing fan you can't help but have ridiculous respect for what this kid is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by HEND View Post
                    Idk...
                    Yeah this is undeniable and I agree, it's way too early to be putting him in P4P lists.

Comment

the good thing about lomachenko is that he does his thing in the ring so we won't have to wait around for years bickering and guessing about his supposed potential - by the end of the year he will have fought walters and we'll know whether he's the real deal or not. if you doubt his talent you have to at least respect his balls

Comment

Working...
                      X