No announcement yet.

Lomanchenko is the most overhyped fighter on this forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brickyardigan View Post
    Roman Gonzalez and GGG are the most overhyped on this forum and in the boxing world.
    GGG maybe, but Gonzalez no. He might not be number two, but he's right up there and unlike many of the other guys ie GGG, he actually has good wins over the top champions in all three divisions that he's been champion in and proved it time and time again against top opposition of all types so far.

You're daft enough to think he lost against Estrada, the only person ive ever heard think that, so that tells everyone all they need to know.

Comment

It's a fair opinion.

Some people look at paper resumes, some are more analytical and look at skills and abilities. Neither group is necessarily right or wrong.

Comment

Its good that Loma is fighting decent opposition early but it doesnt change the fact that hes really not that good.
        I saw an old Salido beat a so called P4P fighter in Lomachenko CLEARLY.
        Salido was inactive and seemed to be waiting for the right moment except it never came, he cant seem to pull the trigger.
        Its amazing how people have this of "How you looked in your last fight" attitude. He beats an untested featherfisted Russel Jnr and suddenly hes the next boxing superstar?
        You cant be P4P and lose against subpar competition.

This is the same Salido that Mikey Garcia and Gambao dealt with easily, and its arguable if those guys are P4P so yes Loma is grossly overhyped.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          Its good that Loma is fighting decent opposition early but it doesnt change the fact that hes really not that good.
          I saw an old Salido beat a so called P4P fighter in Lomachenko CLEARLY.
          Salido was inactive and seemed to be waiting for the right moment except it never came, he cant seem to pull the trigger.
          Its amazing how people have this of "How you looked in your last fight" attitude. He beats an untested featherfisted Russel Jnr and suddenly hes the next boxing superstar?
          You cant be P4P and lose against subpar competition.

This is the same Salido that Mikey Garcia and Gambao dealt with easily, and its arguable if those guys are P4P so yes Loma is grossly overhyped.
          at this early stage of his career, his improvement from fight to fight is exponential. the lomachenko who beat russell jr was patently a more advanced fighter than the one who lost to salido. if he passes the walters test (walters being another fighter in contention for top 10 pound-for-pound status), how can you argue his credentials? let's not forget that walters iced the guy who rigondeaux's entire reputation as a professional is built upon.

Comment

You guys do realise when people say he is already a P4P fighter they mean in the sense of skills, and not resume, right?

Although I'd wager his current resume is ATG if we compared every fighter's resume after their first 5 fights...

Also, this is an obvious troll thread.

Salido outlanded Loma by 300 punches, lolwot?

Salido threw 300 more power punches yes, yet landed only 32 more (power punches!

And Loma outlanded him overall with 164/441 - Salido 142/645.

Comment

First, Lomachenko is not top 10 P4P material just yet. People that have him in there are crazy. But why are you getting butt-hurt that some fans have him there? Just don't pay attention to them, you should already know how some boxing fans are. The fans that have sense and aren't biased know he's not top 10 P4P. Just don't pay attention to the fools that have him there, at the end of the day the P4P list is mythical and subjective.

Second, Lomachenko OUTLANDED Salido by 20 punches or so. Idk where you got that Salido outlanded him by 300 punches, that's just ridiculous. It was a close fight, it's not like Salido beat him up. I'm actually surprised they didn't end up giving the fight to the prospect because it was a close competitive fight. Lomachenko came on strong in the second half. Not to mention Salido got away with a lot of dirty tactics and Loma was so inexperienced that he didn't know how to react to them.

Third, I think you're just a troll trying to make Lomachenko and us Lomachenko look bad.

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                Loma obviously shouldn't be top ten p4p. But How many guys fight a Salido in their second pro fight? That's pretty crazy.

Salido was a big guy, outweighed him and missed weight if my memory is correct. Lomachenko still was coming on strong second half of the fight. It's not like he got his ass kicked or anything like that.

I certainly wouldn't hold it against him. He tried to do something no one had ever done before in boxing - win a title in his second fight. He came up a bit short.
                I also don't hold Rigondeaux's 7th pro fight against him either, a fight he nearly lost. That was his first title shot (interim) too. That was against Ricardo Cordoba and Rigondeaux did not look great at all. But that was a leaning experience for him. Just like it was for Loma.

I personally think Rigondeaux is the superior fighter when comparing the two, but I also rank Rigondeaux p4p #2 only behind Mayweather so that by no means is an insult to Lomachenko.
                Actually a Thai fighter won in his very first fight, and lomachenko was fighting in wsb which is tournament under professional rules, no head gear, 4 three minutes round, etc... so eventhough they are not counting those fight he did have that experience, my opinion, he is a pretty good fighter...

Comment

This ain't nothing new. The guys doing big or impressive things early are always overhyped. And lets not act like Loma hasn't done some impressive **** regardless of what you think the future has in store for him. The guys who become #1 eventually are almost never underhyped.

Doesn't mean Loma is gonna be the #1 cat, but he's shown enough promise that its speculated he could be. Standard **** really, don't know the problem. The hype always has to catch up with the substance for guys like this. Or he falls on his ass at some point. Either or. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                    Actually a Thai fighter won in his very first fight, and lomachenko was fighting in wsb which is tournament under professional rules, no head gear, 4 three minutes round, etc... so eventhough they are not counting those fight he did have that experience, my opinion, he is a pretty good fighter...
                    Who exactly was that Thai fighter that won it in his first fight? I'm curious to know, because I thought Loma tied the record with a Thai fighter.
                    The WSB fights are like pro fights but at the same time they are not. You're fighting other amateur boxers. Also, if I'm not mistaken they use slightly bigger gloves in the WSB.

Comment

TBA's potential is limitless. He's not top 10 p4p but he'll be there soon. Btw he's going to box circles around Walters in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                      X