No announcement yet.

Lomanchenko is the most overhyped fighter on this forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nerd slapper View Post
    You likely just see what you want to see. Lomachenko isn't heavy handed but he's exciting and aggressive when he sees an opening.

He will probably become a super boring fighter if he moves up in weight the way Floyd did. In fact, it's pretty much guaranteed.
    I guarantee people like Hype Job, Beercules, and Tay Rock stay on his balls though. It's only a certain type of fighter they bash for using boxing skills and ring IQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
      In his last fight Rodriguez started going low and Lomachenko hit him low back it was good to see him learning. I remember Tszyu initially had the gentleman approach when he first turned pro but learned quickly just watch the MAG fight.

Lulz becuase Lomachenko fights like Lara, Rigo, Floyd. He's a front foot fighter who regularly pressures, aggressively attacks while throwing combinations and has supurb defense while doing it. He is not a counter punching runner who refuses to lead or engage.
      Loma is a counter puncher that uses angles and superb ring IQ to do away with his foes. He fights more like Rigo and Floyd than he does like GGG and Kovalev. THAT'S A FACT.

Comment

his style is neither big russian puncher nor elusive cuban or whatever.. it's very unique

not heavy handed but stays in your face at weird angles

Comment

Good breakdown vid of Loma vs Rodriguez.

Comment

Loma reminds me of Broner before he lost to Maidana
            Looks flashy and superb against lesser competition but when he finally stepped up against Maidana he got taken apart
            Same thing with Loma, he fights a poor mans Maidana in Salido and just got outworked (atleast in Salidos stage of his career) because hes so inactive
            Even against Russel Jnr sometimes he was so inactive, basically running around the ring without throwing punches.
            Add his lack of power and you have a fighter who hasnt got all the tools to be truly elite.

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
              In what world does Lomachenko have more power than Rigo?
              lomachenko would have a significant size advantage over rigondeaux. if the fight happens, great, but i wouldn't demand it of rigo. he would probably lose on size alone

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
                Loma reminds me of Broner before he lost to Maidana
                Looks flashy and superb against lesser competition but when he finally stepped up against Maidana he got taken apart
                Same thing with Loma, he fights a poor mans Maidana in Salido and just got outworked (atleast in Salidos stage of his career) because hes so inactive
                Even against Russel Jnr sometimes he was so inactive, basically running around the ring without throwing punches.
                Add his lack of power and you have a fighter who hasnt got all the tools to be truly elite.
                Nah...
                Loma's footwork is lightyears ahead of Broner's. Maybe he has less pop P4P wise but he doesn't build his tactic on a mistakenly believed comparison. I mean Broner thought that he will have just to put up that philly shell and he will be the new Floyd but it became clear that it's not quite enough for that.
                Loma has defensive flaws also imo but he is slippery enough to not get caught clean most of the times. Mainly because his weird angles.
                Based on the "eye test" he is better than Broner. We will see. Imo Loma is the more creative, more fleet feeted, has a better defence and ring IQ. Things in Broner is better: Handspeed, counters.
                And both of them have a great stamina so far

Comment

Working...
                X