Lomanchenko is the most overhyped fighter on this forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by moltres. View Post
    walters going to ko him anyway soon.
    I agree, Walters will punish him from the outside, waiting until Loma gets desperate, than floor him multiple times.

Comment

Roman Gonzalez and GGG are the most overhyped on this forum and in the boxing world.

Comment

Originally posted by moltres. View Post
        walters going to ko him anyway soon.
        I'm not sure about a KO but I have Walters winning that fight. Loma is good and I respect his skills. He boxes beautifully but he is a bit overrated on here. He hasn't quite done enough to be P4P yet. Him beating Walters convincingly would do it for me but I think Walters is too big, too strong and Loma won't be able to keep him at bay for an entire 12 rounds. His punches are beautiful but they're not all that powerful so Walters has a great chance to do damage. Big, tough fighters who can punch will give Loma problems. We'll see how it plays out this fall. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
          Ditto
          Not saying Loma isnt talented but he has a very long way to go
          Hes not even on Mikey Garcias level yet, so he is very far away from any P4P status
          yea right but you have no problem with wilder and ward fighting taxi cab drivers AFTER they became champ

Comment

Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
            nah Rigo is way more ****ing overhyped, stop being an idiot

Rigo is in the p4p lists and has one good win, and it was a fight i picked him to win in

But that win doesn't put him in the top 10 P4P, people are getting seriously carried away

and who's overhyping Lomachenko?
            There are a lot of people claiming he should already be in the top ten P4P rankings. He's had five pro fights, 4-1, with one loss against the only champion he's faced so far. He's a great prospect and has an exciting future, but he is getting ridiculously overhyped already.

He has good potential, but people are rating him on his future potential when he has four freakin wins not one of which was against a top fighter and one loss against the only top fighter he fought. Give him time to reach the potential before rating him on it people!

He's got a long way before getting to the top ten rankings. Currently, he's not even close. If you want to compare them, as you think Rigo obviously think Rigo is the overhyped guy with 'only one good win' let's have a look shall we?

I'm not saying this is you saying Loma should be there and Rigo not, but there are many people saying Loma should be in the P4P lists.

Lomas best win is Gary Russell. By far. It's his only good win. However, Russell had never beaten anyone of note, or even fought anyone of note. He now has one win over 33 year old, 55-10 on again, off again Johnny Gonzalez. He was famous as an untested TBA prospect. It was the very definition of a gimme title. A guy coming off a loss and the other guy unknown, untested prospect fighting for a vacant title.

The other three wins were against Jose Ramirez, Gamellier Rodriguez, and Chonlatarn Piripinyo. None of those three were champions, none had ever been champion and only one, Piripinyo, had ever fought for a title years before against Chris John and lost every round. None were ranked in the top of their division and none were number one, two or three contenders. Basically all three were just stay busy, get experience fights against guaranteed wins.

His lone fight against top opposition, he lost a clear decision against a guy who came in a few pounds over the limit, but who was also well past his best and on a sharp decline and was considered good timing to fight because of it.

All fine for a young, new fighter looking to get wins and experience. Not fine for a guy people are saying be in the top ten P4P rankings, or competing for a spot with guys like Rigo and Roman Gonzalez (yes, I've seen a couple of people mention this now). Gonzalez, a seven year, three division champion with wins over many former, future and current champions, including top P4P fighters.

Now you say Rigo has 'one good win'. That obviously being Donaire, a future HOFer. That one win alone puts him head and shoulders above Loma, even if it was his only good win. Considering the dominating nature of the win and level of opposition, a top five P4Per, that win along with his others puts him up for consideration. That's not his only good win though. So Rigo beat top P4P and future HOFer Donaire, Joseph Agbeko: a top 2x world champion, Rico Ramos: an undefeated 20-0 current champion, Ricardo Cordoba: a former WBA champion, and many top contenders and title challengers of the type that make up Lomas entire four win resume, like Kokietgym, Andrade, Marroquin, Kennedy, Casey, and Amagasa.

As it stands, they don't even remotely compare. Loma has time, youth and already getting great experience, but he doesn't belong anywhere near a P4P list and the people suggesting he does are ****ing buffoons.

He has a Rico Ramos level win at the top of his resume and three wins on the level of Kennedy, Casey etc for Rigo. His one fight on the level of an Agbeko level fighter, he lost. He's fighting a solid guy up next that is back to the level of a Salido, so we'll see. Until then, and even after then, he's not near a top ten P4P list and that and needs to be given time to just progress and be given merit as he deserves, not for his future potential.
            Last edited by BennyST; 05-25-2015, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Not at all he's overrated as fk, he whooped Donaire but what has he done since? Nothing but beat on journeymen in Japan and other bums. He's completely overrated, if Loma beats Walters (very tough fight) he should without doubt take Rigo's sport in the p4p lists.
              He dominated a guy that was 52-1(33KO) with one arm on the undercard of Pac-Algieri. That to me was his most impressive performance because he didn't look at all uncomfortable and boxed beautifully. He's got a subtlety to his game that very few fighters have and that's why people are excited and he's generating such hype. In my eyes it's not at all unjustified.

Originally posted by SugarRayCurtain View Post
              Hes inactive and waits around too long to counter punch
              Not a big puncher in his weight class
              Runs around the ring a lot but barely throws for long periods
              And he lost against Salido FFS, Salido landed 300 more punches lol

Rigo is a far superiour and even Gamboa

So much hype because of his amateur record but I dont care how many pro fights youve had, if you are truly Elite and P4P you shouldnt be losing to guys like Salido. Salido is not elite.

People act like Lomanchenko is top 10 P4P or even top 5. Ridiculous.
              About 20% of those punches Salido landed were low and that excuse for a referee Laurence Cole either didn't notice or didn't care. Also, the weight difference was about 20lbs, which is like Pacquiao getting in with Golovkin or a lesser version of Golovkin who's gonna low blow the **** out of him for 12 rounds and just about escape with a decision win.

Originally posted by Ferrarijones View Post
              I'm not sure about a KO but I have Walters winning that fight. Loma is good and I respect his skills. He boxes beautifully but he is a bit overrated on here. He hasn't quite done enough to be P4P yet. Him beating Walters convincingly would do it for me but I think Walters is too big, too strong and Loma won't be able to keep him at bay for an entire 12 rounds. His punches are beautiful but they're not all that powerful so Walters has a great chance to do damage. Big, tough fighters who can punch will give Loma problems. We'll see how it plays out this fall. Can't wait!
              Walter's is too slow I think, but it'd be an interesting fight. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Loma can render Walters ineffective with hand speed and foot movement....

Comment

I pray to all major imaginary deities that this is in fact some kind of hungover attempt of a trolling and not indeed a true reflection of your alleged sanity.

You can do better than this, man!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                  There are a lot of people claiming he should already be in the top ten P4P rankings. He's had five pro fights, 4-1, with one loss against the only champion he's faced so far. He's a great prospect and has an exciting future, but he is getting ridiculously overhyped already.

He's got a long way before getting to the top ten rankings. Currently, he's not even close. If you want to compare them, as you think Rigo obviously think Rigo is the overhyped guy with 'only one good win' let's have a look shall we?

I'm not saying this is you saying Loma should be there and Rigo not, but there are many people saying Loma should be in the P4P lists.

Lomas best win is Gary Russell. By far. It's his only good win. However, Russell had never beaten anyone of note, or even fought anyone of note. He now has one win over 33 year old, 55-10 on again, off again Johnny Gonzalez. He was famous as an untested TBA prospect. It was the very definition of a gimme title. A guy coming off a loss and the other guy unknown, untested prospect fighting for a vacant title.

The other three wins were against Jose Ramirez, Gamellier Rodriguez, and Chonlatarn Piripinyo. None of those three were champions, none had ever been champion and only one, Piripinyo, had ever fought for a title years before against Chris John and lost every round. None were ranked in the top of their division and none were number one, two or three contenders. Basically all three were just stay busy, get experience fights against guaranteed wins.

His lone fight against top opposition, he lost a clear decision against a guy who came in a few pounds over the limit, but who was also well past his best and on a sharp decline and was considered good timing to fight because of it.

All fine for a young, new fighter looking to get wins and experience. Not fine for a guy people are saying be in the top ten P4P rankings, or competing for a spot with guys like Rigo and Roman Gonzalez (yes, I've seen a couple of people mention this now). Gonzalez, a seven year, three division champion with wins over many former, future and current champions, including top P4P fighters.

Now you say Rigo has 'one good win'. That obviously being Donaire, a future HOFer. That one win alone puts him head and shoulders above Loma, even if it was his only good win. Considering the dominating nature of the win and level of opposition, a top five P4Per, that win along with his others puts him up for consideration. That's not his only good win though. So Rigo beat top P4P and future HOFer Donaire, Joseph Agbeko: a top 2x world champion, Rico Ramos: an undefeated 20-0 current champion, Ricardo Cordoba: a former WBA champion, and many top contenders and title challengers of the type that make up Lomas entire four win resume, like Kokietgym, Andrade, Marroquin, Kennedy, Casey, and Amagasa.

As it stands, they don't even remotely compare. Loma has time, youth and already getting great experience, but he doesn't belong anywhere near a P4P list and the people suggesting he does are ****ing buffoons.

He has a Rico Ramos level win at the top of his resume and three wins on the level of Kennedy, Casey etc for Rigo. His one fight on the level of an Agbeko level fighter, he lost. He's fighting a solid guy up next that is back to the level of a Salido, so we'll see. Until then, and even after then, he's not near a top ten P4P list and that and needs to be given time to just progress and be given merit as he deserves, not for his future potential.
                  i appreciate what you are saying but rico ramos is not the equivalent of russell jr. ramos is a nearly-man while russell jr actually appears to be a champion level fighter. and walters would be a donaire level win or better, considering that he ktfo donaire

Comment

His underrated on this forum , this dude have under 10 pro fights and already fighting other champions

Comment

Guy might just be the most skilled fighter out there. Reminds me of Willie Pep. Doesn't have draw appeal though.

Comment

Working...
                      X