Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyds last fight in his prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A significant change post-retirement Floyd mad is that he jabs with a greater frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      my boy?

i paid a lot of money to fly to vegas to see floyd mayweather fight.

go through my posting history if you must. i am not a pacquiao fan more than i am a mayweather fan. ask around. i call things like i see them.

i do find amusement in digging at either of the fanbases when their biases show up.

the same people are in the same threads taking mayweather's or pacquiao's side on every issue. do you guys understand that?
      Why the hell would you fly to Vegas to see a bigger man beat a smaller man, and then come here and cry about it?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        A significant change post-retirement Floyd mad is that he jabs with a greater frequency.

Comment

With fighters like Floyd and Hopkins it's hard to tell what their real prime is. Floyd looked as good as I've ever seen him against Canelo. He doesn't throw as many punches as he used to, nor should he really have to.

I would say his absolute peak is at 140. So against Gatti. He had the perfect size and speed for that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
            With fighters like Floyd and Hopkins it's hard to tell what their real prime is. Floyd looked as good as I've ever seen him against Canelo. He doesn't throw as many punches as he used to, nor should he really have to.

I would say his absolute peak is at 140. So against Gatti. He had the perfect size and speed for that weight.
            Both his Oscar and Saul matches were chess matches.

But focus on the content of Floyd's work in both matches. Floyd displayed a more complex offensive arsenal when he fought Oscar. He would sneak in subtle body shots during the middle rounds.

Comment

The Gatti fight was his absolute prime. Don't care if you gusy say Gatti wasnt that good, at that time Gatti was still dangerous, legit, and many people on boxingscene said Gatti would beat him.

That was the most perfect fight ive seen a fighter fought in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
                The Gatti fight was his absolute prime. Don't care if you gusy say Gatti wasnt that good, at that time Gatti was still dangerous, legit, and many people on boxingscene said Gatti would beat him.

That was the most perfect fight ive seen a fighter fought in my life.
                The HBO crew wanted so bad to rip Mayweather for his inevitable win. During the pre fight build up all they spoke about was how Mayweather has promised "a destruction, an erasure" and total domination and anything short of that would be a fail. They knew FM would win they just thought he would box and run in fear of Gattis power and relentlessness.

You could hear poor Jim lampleys disappointment as the fight wore on constantly talking about what gatti SHOULD do to win and appealing to Roy for comments on what gatti was doing wrong. At the end Lampley was reluctantly forced to admit that no only had Mayweather won the fight but did it in the exact manner promised. A COMPLETE ANNIHILATION. Poor Merchant was left with nothing to criticize Floyd for so he just used the "so Floyd are you a paper champion now since you accused gatti of being one prior to the fight" crap.

The gatti fight was pure satisfaction for me. Not to mention I've never won as much money on a fight before or after.

Comment

Hatton is about the end of his physical prime. What's absolutely crazy is that Floyd started fighting a world Champions and name fighters 17 years and 30 fights ago. Most undefeated fighters get to 30-0 or so before they start taking on the top guys, Mayeather started fighting them when he was 17-0 and took in Genaro Hernandez. Since then he's only fought big name fighters. How many 17-0 21 year old fighters start fighting World Champions?

Say what you want, but most top fighters have maybe 8-10 recognizable names on their fight card, Floyd has like 25-30.

Comment

THere's a notable change when you compare Floyd from the Mosley fight to Floyd from the Ortiz fight.

A notable decrease in the snap of his punches

Comment

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      Why the hell would you fly to Vegas to see a bigger man beat a smaller man, and then come here and cry about it?

i went for mayweather - alvarez.

i had a blast. i went to see one of the best boxers ever put on a clinic, which he did. where do you see me crying?

Comment

Working...
                      X