Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse and Garcia for the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daggum View Post
    he did win and while fighting with one eye and while being fouled constantly. you would see the same thing if you judged it fairly. which 7 rounds did garcia win? i'll wait.
    4,7,8,9,10,11,12......then count the knockdown

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Don't suggest drug cheats to me when you're going off on one.

Arturo Gatti is in the Hall of Fame, Joe Calzaghe is in the Hall of Fame, the standards for entry really aren't what you make them out to be.

I don't consider Matthysse and Garcia to be bog standard every day champions, I think they'll get universal approval in time.

Larry spare me your false indignation, you make Zab Judah for HOF threads when the guy lost to both these fighters.
      You think zab and lucas have had similar careers? Lol you guys can say Lucas won all you want but facts are he really didn't

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        ?? Mattyhsees best win is Peterson.....and Garcias best win is Matthysee..neither are even close to the hall of fame right now..let their careers continue
        Happy to Larry, I posed the question as to how they're looked upon and what they need to do. As to their best wins, it goes beyond one win to whole body of work. The standards for entry really aren't what some portray them to be though, for example, the notion of Judah getting in while one I disagree with wouldn't wholly shock me if it occurred.

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        You think zab and lucas have had similar careers? Lol you guys can say Lucas won all you want but facts are he really didn't
        List Zab's best wins...Matthysse would probably be top 5 in that list and he didn't even deserve the decision in that one.
        Last edited by Weebler I; 04-26-2015, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I don't have to argue this man,Garcia won...you have an excuse for all of Lucas's losses i see..lol..enjoy your night

compubox man? how desperate are you? even if you were a stupid sheep and believed these numbers it only proves what i said. boxing is scored round by round and these numbers show matthysse outlanded garcia in 6 rounds and with the point deduction lucas wins lol epic fail.

Comment

i think matthysse has the better chance of making the hof, although i doubt he'll get in because they'll see the "L's" on his record and like pacquiao was moved from pfp #1 for "losing" to bradley, matthysse will also be punished for being wronged

EDIT: whoop, i mean he'd needs some wins, maybe a mikey garcia that moves up, crawford, garcia payback or something
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 04-26-2015, 09:18 PM.

Comment

4,7,8,9,10,11,12......then count the knockdown
              10, 11, and 12 were matthysse rounds. especially 10 and 11. go watch them again. the knockdown was a foul. you can't count a foul as a knockdown. i know the ref did but as a judge you are supposed to be unbiased. so judging fairly that's a matthysse win even on your own card. even if you just gave matthysse round 11 which he dominated he still wins on your card. like i said judging fairly he wins. if you want to count knockdowns that are clear fouls then you have an agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                there will always be people who say matthysse lost to judah and alexander, just because of the L on the official record, just like there were people actually arguing that bradley beat pacquiao the first time(ring generalship they said, pacquiao did nothing for the first 2 mins they said)

sad
                Lucas vs Judah was a legit close fight that could have went either way. Wtf is up with the revisionist history? And I'm not even taking about weebler. We all know he's a shot poster since hatton KO in 9...

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  Lucas vs Judah was a legit close fight that could have went either way. Wtf is up with the revisionist history? And I'm not even taking about weebler. We all know he's a shot poster since hatton KO in 9...
                  no it was not. watch it again. lucas dominated the last 4 rounds and scored a knockdown. did judah win 7 out of the first 8? no because lucas clearly won 2,3 ,and 6. a very bad decision if scored correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                    there will always be people who say matthysse lost to judah and alexander, just because of the L on the official record, just like there were people actually arguing that bradley beat pacquiao the first time(ring generalship they said, pacquiao did nothing for the first 2 mins they said)

sad

Yeah, it's a shame, I definitely think LM would be perceived somewhat differently if he received the Ws he deserved in those bouts, he shoud've pushed harder for the KO. A Crawford win via KO would do wonders for his reputation even if Crawford is perhaps not really all he's cracked up to be, he's being pushed as something special.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 04-26-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      no it was not. watch it again. lucas dominated the last 4 rounds and scored a knockdown. did judah win 7 out of the first 8? no because lucas clearly won 2,3 ,and 6. a very bad decision if scored correctly.
                      I've watched it a few times, there were more than a few swing rounds. Lucas lost because he took too long to come on. Like I said close fight. Wasn't at all a robbery.

Comment

Working...
                      X