Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matthysse and Garcia for the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get a ****ing grip Weebles. You are losing it. Your perspective is gone. Go sleep.

Gatti got in for his popularity and being a warrior who literally gave us numerous versions of the greatest fights ever seen in a boxing ring. Otherwise, he'd never have made it, despite being a more accomplished champion than both of these guys so far. He doesn't deserve it as a champion, but gets a pass for being arguably the greatest warrior and giving many of the greatest fights ever.

These guys haven't given us great fights in the scheme of things, and aren't even close to being historically great champions. Get a ****ing grip mate!

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Get a ****ing grip Weebles. You are losing it. Your perspective is gone. Go sleep.

Gatti got in for his popularity and being a warrior who literally gave us numerous versions of the greatest fights ever seen in a boxing ring. Otherwise, he'd never have made it, despite being a more accomplished champion than both of these guys so far. He doesn't deserve it as a champion, but gets a pass for being arguably the greatest warrior and giving many of the greatest fights ever.

These guys haven't given us great fights in the scheme of things, and aren't even close to being historically great champions. Get a ****ing grip mate!
      Slow down bro, you sound like you're about to poop yourself.

There's a clear discord between your personal standards for entry and the actual standards for entry. Naseem Hamed is in the HOF, his record is good but not great, Ray Mancini is another who does not have a gold standard record. Gatti, Calzaghe and more besides, it's really not what you build it up to be in your mind. Then you want to admit drug cheats, there's just not much to say about that other than to say your own subjectivity should not be accompanied by such apparent anger.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 04-26-2015, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        matthysse should be undefeated so he could possibly get in. garcia just lol. if sven ottke isn't getting in then garcia isn't either
        Should be undefeated?? Garcia beat his ass

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Don't suggest drug cheats to me when you're going off on one.

Arturo Gatti is in the Hall of Fame, Joe Calzaghe is in the Hall of Fame, the standards for entry really aren't what you make them out to be.

I don't consider Matthysse and Garcia to be bog standard every day champions, I think they'll get universal approval in time.

Larry spare me your false indignation, you make Zab Judah for HOF threads when the guy lost to both these fighters.
          Im sorry Judah beat Matthysee and is a 2 division former lineal champion

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Should be undefeated?? Garcia beat his ass
            boxing is scored round by round. garcia had 3 good rounds when matthysse was half blind. since when does winning 3 rounds=winning a fight? obviously matthysse was ahead then came back and dominated the last 3 rounds the only thing garcia did was score that knockdown which didn't count since it was clearly a foul. any reasonable person/judge would not count that. close fight but matthysse should have won it.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              Slow down bro, you sound like you're about to poop yourself.

There's a clear discord between your personal standards for entry and the actual standards for entry. Naseem Hamed is in the HOF, his record is good but not great, Ray Mancini is another who does not have a gold standard record. Gatti, Calzaghe and more besides, it's really not what you build it up to be in your mind. Then you want to admit drug cheats, there's just not much to say about that other than to say your own subjectivity should not be accompanied by such apparent anger.
              You're a particularly special daft **** aren't you?

Comment

Lucas isn't even a world champ wtf. You lucas fans are doing too much. Btw he lost to zab and devon

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Im sorry Judah beat Matthysee and is a 2 division former lineal champion
                  i see you are playing the "i'm pretending i didn't see the fight" card again. boxrec says judah won so i guess he did derppp!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                    boxing is scored round by round. garcia had 3 good rounds when matthysse was half blind. since when does winning 3 rounds=winning a fight? obviously matthysse was ahead then came back and dominated the last 3 rounds the only thing garcia did was score that knockdown which didn't count since it was clearly a foul. any reasonable person/judge would not count that. close fight but matthysse should have won it.
                    No way in hell Lucas won that fight and no one is even arguing that,he got beat up and dropped

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                      Lucas isn't even a world champ wtf. You lucas fans are doing too much. Btw he lost to zab and devon
                      you make yourself look like an unreasonable hater or just someone who knows nothing about boxing by saying such comical things. which one is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X