No announcement yet.

They should make it illegal for you to come in 10lbs over the weight limit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    Still even though Salido won with a weight advantage like that after missing weight it was pretty competitive for a guy in his 2nd pro fight never going 12 before. Almost a win really, his stock had risen from how strong he finished the fight and hanging in there with a tough hombre like Salido.
    I agree. Loma has the tools to be great.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      I dont see it. Everyone knows the dangers. People are only going to cut to the point it gives them an advantage, which with a same day weigh in is a few pounds max depending on the weightclass.

If you're dumb enough to cut 15lbs right before you go into a ring to fight a pro boxer then thats on you. The vast majority wont. The ones that do will serve as an example should others who might be thinking about it.
      they were doing it before during same day weigh ins.

now old old days no.

but modern same day weigh ins yes.

Comment

IBF's mandatory reweigh-in the morning of the fight is a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          they were doing it before during same day weigh ins.

now old old days no.

but modern same day weigh ins yes.
          Your body is your responsibility. It would be very sad if someone got brain damage or worse died because they tried to cut weight on the day of a fight, but people get injured and die doing dumb stuff everyday.

Worse is when your health is put at risk because of a decision someone else has made imo

Comment

Lomachenko came in at 136? That's more than I thought. Salido at 147 was absurd, but 136 is no slouch either.

Comment

Someone brought it up, but Chavez JR is about to find out what's like to face a man his own size. And he has been inactive, to make it worst.

If he couldn't consistently knock out B+ opposition at 160, he's not touching anyone at 173 or whatever his made up weight is.

Not surprised if he gets stopped.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                That's the first time I've seen Thurman weigh that much on fight night. Which was 160 against Guerrero.

He was 153 in the ring against Bundu.
                He also looked a lot quicker in that fight and the Diaz fight than he did vs Guerrero.

Comment

The rules are the same for everyones, fight night weight limits were abolished because fighters were fighting dehydrated which is dangerous.

If guys are taking illegal substances to make weight then that's a PED testing issue.

If some guys can naturally cut more weight than others then that's just a physical advantage, no different to having long arms, or natural speed or a large lung capacity etc.

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                    Someone brought it up, but Chavez JR is about to find out what's like to face a man his own size. And he has been inactive, to make it worst.

If he couldn't consistently knock out B+ opposition at 160, he's not touching anyone at 173 or whatever his made up weight is.

Not surprised if he gets stopped.
                    He looks in good shape and this guy doesn't have much of a punch + Chavez Jr has a granite chin.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
                      Salido was 147. I just looked it up, Loma was 136. Well, I guess he violated this theoretical law also. I don't think he'll be staying at that weight much longer.
                      Freaking sickening. Salido had literally no intention of keeping his belt, fighting fair in any way or coming in on weight. He just wanted to say he "won" against Loma. Loma should call for a rematch to spark that motha****a the motha**** out.

Comment

Working...
                      X