No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Genius~ View Post
    That's what I thought the first time I saw it, but Floyd wasn't landing as clearly as I remember, and Pacquiao was getting some in in those fast exchanges.

I'm not saying Pac won the fight, I'm saying it's closer than I remember and there are rounds that are hard to score because of the nature of the fight.

Even if you gave pac the benefit of the doubt and gifted him all the swing rounds it would still be hard to give him a draw.

All i'm saying is it's closer than when I saw it last night.
    I watched it again and same thing. Last night I had Pac winning by 1-2 rounds, I could have understood a draw since Manny was fighting with one arm. But today I still have it close, Manny by 4 rounds BUT I see rounds more clearly for Pac than last night.

Everyone was so caught up in waiting for Manny to KO floyd with one arm that they stopped paying attention to anything else. Floyd missed a lot, and Pac was always the one attacking, pushing the action and controlling the pace.

REMEMBER, they threw almost the same amount of punches...... And Manny was throwing with one arm and CompuBox is owned by Al Haymon. Watch the fight again, floyd only had a few rounds where he won clearly, but the majority of rounds he had 2 good moments and Pac had more. Pac was the aggressor and controlled ring generalship.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
      Hes far from the only one who feels this way. I have never shown myself to be squarely in either the Pac or May camp and I agree with him 100&. As a matter of fact there are photos showing at least a few instances where floyd got tagged. yes Floyd won but it was a close fight.
      You thought it was close, doesn't make it true. Either way, Mayweather won. Next?

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
        Hes far from the only one who feels this way. I have never shown myself to be squarely in either the Pac or May camp and I agree with him 100&. As a matter of fact there are photos showing at least a few instances where floyd got tagged. yes Floyd won but it was a close fight.
        Floyd fans don't care about what actually happened, they're just here to worship their hero. They're not fans of boxing, they're fans of a man.

I've never been biased a single day I've been on on this site, I've done nothing but call it like it is, the first post I made after the fight was over is that Floyd is one of the greatest I ever seen.

Some the rounds I thought were clear floyd rounds last night, I rewatched and realized he didn't really do much in them except stifle Pacquiao's offense without landing much of his own.

I give Floyd his credit, but I feel Pacquiao deserves credit as well.
        Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-03-2015, 02:22 PM.

Comment

• If only we got to see 2010 Manny in there.

I don't care what anyone says, Floyd hasn't fell down the mountain as far as Pacquiao has. The result could of still been the same, but that wasn't the Manny at the height of Manny-mania.

Comment

• Golovkin thinks Mayweather is 0-48

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              I watched it again and same thing. Last night I had Pac winning by 1-2 rounds, I could have understood a draw since Manny was fighting with one arm. But today I still have it close, Manny by 4 rounds BUT I see rounds more clearly for Pac than last night.

Everyone was so caught up in waiting for Manny to KO floyd with one arm that they stopped paying attention to anything else. Floyd missed a lot, and Pac was always the one attacking, pushing the action and controlling the pace.

REMEMBER, they threw almost the same amount of punches...... And Manny was throwing with one arm and CompuBox is owned by Al Haymon. Watch the fight again, floyd only had a few rounds where he won clearly, but the majority of rounds he had 2 good moments and Pac had more. Pac was the aggressor and controlled ring generalship.
              Bye felica

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                We've been patient long enough. The least they can do after last night is prove they've had a decent upbringing and come in here reflecting that. If not, they're getting the ****-under-my-shoe treatment because that's what they are.

Years ago, when the Floyd-Pac thing first reach the dizzy heights of its ******edness, probably in like 2011, we had a conversation regarding the whole debacle, and you (like I) were pretty on the fence about most things, though still a little more critical of Pac.

A little time passed and the fanatics plagued the board and I remember witnessing your tolerance for that bull**** slowly disappear I got out of here before I let the hatred consume me but I feel your pain, bro. I thought the fight would be the end of it for the most part but these dudes are relentless.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                  As Holyfield and Mosley said, who are professional boxers, not trolls on a forum, Manny controlled the fight. WITH. ONE. ARM. Which makes it impressive.

It is unbelievable how Pacquiao did all of that with one arm. He had a teared up/broken shoulder.. This fight doesnt count, thats why the rematch will take place. Pacquiao was fighting with one arm and he still went thru with it even though NSAC denied to allow Pac to use medicine for it.

I will NOT give credit to fraud for fighting a handicapped version of Pacquiao who still managed to hurt him with ONE ****ing arm. One arm in a combat fight lol AND STILL MANAGED TO WIN in the eyes of many (Mosley and Holyfield thought so as well, BOXERS themselves).

This fight doesnt count. You have to be a ****** mother****er to take anything away from floyd fighting a fighter with one arm.

If anything, last night showed how great and big of a heart Pacquiao has. The greatest fighter of our era in ever sense of the word.
                  Typical. Just like manny-excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
                    Golovkin thinks Mayweather is 0-48
                    Mayweather is like 43-5 realistically on Golovkin's boxrec.

Maidana x2
                    Castillo or ODLH
                    Pacquiao

Comment

• Originally posted by V.WEBB View Post
                      But Evander said Manny won doe.

He's a racist.

Comment

Working...
                      X