Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're only as good as your last fight

PAC>Floyd....

Comment

• Not that anyone cares but I am weighing in here. it would not be fair to my posting brothers (and sisters?) not to weigh in with a decision about who would take this fight. I am violating a couple of my sacred cows here:

a) Most times, on a major boxing website the majority gets it right....The majority is picking Mayweather by UD...that speaks a lot past the bluster and delusional loons!

b) Usually the story in boxing is not as interesting as the result: In baseball ANY team circa the advent of free agency can win...its all about momentum coming in. There are no legitmate underdogs in the baseball playoffs! And in football, while the good lord has blessed us with a few steller match ups...usually the superbowl winner can be picked!

c) The smart money is on Mayweather.

But heres what bugs the **** out of me!! EVERYBODY knows this is a close fight right? So naturally ANY advantage that can be had will be BIG!! My first question is does Vegas really know how the two camps went? I have my doubts. The weigh in looked to me like Mayweather had a bad camp. He looked shifty, uncertain and gaunt. pac looked great. Pac really appears to believe that Floyd will not be the burden that Cotto was (I don't care about the de la hoya fight frankly.

I am picking Manny because in this tight fight it appears that the first major advantage goes to Manny. I don't think Floyd is spooked I think he looks like he didn't have the preparation.

So I am offically saying this will go to pacquio why? because Pacquio believes and it looks like Pac had the better camp by a long shot.

Some of my fellow posters gave analysis about body language and the weigh in. Truth is most people really make jackwads of themselves trying to make these pronouncements but...I think the posters got it right! Indeed!! Floyd cannot appear to hide his apprehensions and he looks very apprehensive. pac does not. Its not the grin, its the entire way both guys carried themselves. In a close fight any advantage gained is large. 5 years ago I would not have cared if Floyed showed up crying....He wins it no problem. But I see a Madianna era Floyd showing up and if Madianna can get to him, well.... so does any one givr a hoot? haha
      Last edited by billeau2; 05-01-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

• My Round By Round Projections

1: 10-9 Mayweather
        2. 10-9 Mayweather
        3. 10-9 Pacquiao
        4. 10-9 Mayweather
        5. 10-9 Pacquiao
        6. 10-9 Mayweather
        7. 10-9 Mayweather
        8. 10-9 Pacquiao
        9. 10-9 Pacquiao
        10. 10-9 Mayweather
        11. 10-9 Mayweather
        12. 10-9 Mayweather

116-112 Mayweather

Before I was thinking it was going to be 9-3, but I am going to be honest, Pacquiao should at most win 4 rounds in this fight, I have to give Manny the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
          You're only as good as your last fight

PAC>Floyd....
          Fair point but Pacquiao fought Algieri last lol, Algieri was never really going to trouble Manny.

When it's all said and done I think we will all agree that we just hope that the right guy gets the win on the night, no controversy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
            My Round By Round Projections

2. 10-9 Mayweather
            3. 10-9 Pacquiao
            4. 10-9 Mayweather
            5. 10-9 Pacquiao
            6. 10-9 Mayweather
            7. 10-9 Mayweather
            8. 10-9 Pacquiao
            9. 10-9 Pacquiao
            10. 10-9 Mayweather
            11. 10-9 Mayweather
            12. 10-9 Mayweather

116-112 Mayweather

Before I was thinking it was going to be 9-3, but I am going to be honest, Pacquiao should at most win 4 rounds in this fight, I have to give Manny the benefit of the doubt.
            Round by round...are you insane!!?

Comment

• read in the LA Times that about $80mil of bets will be placed on this fight tomorrow...those are Super Bowl type of numbers

Comment

2. 10-9 Mayweather
                3. 10-9 Pacquiao
                4. 10-9 Mayweather
                5. 10-9 Pacquiao
                6. 10-9 Mayweather
                7. 10-9 Mayweather
                8. 10-9 Pacquiao
                9. 10-9 Pacquiao
                10. 10-9 Mayweather
                11. 10-9 Mayweather
                12. 10-9 Mayweather

116-112 Mayweather

Comment

2. 10-9 Mayweather
                  3. 10-9 Pacquiao
                  4. 10-9 Mayweather
                  5. 10-9 Pacquiao
                  6. 10-9 Mayweather
                  7. 10-9 Mayweather
                  8. 10-9 Pacquiao
                  9. 10-9 Pacquiao
                  10. 10-9 Mayweather
                  11. 10-9 Mayweather
                  12. 10-9 Mayweather

116-112 Mayweather

1 Pacquaio
                  2 Mayweather
                  3 Mayweather
                  4 Pacquiao
                  5 Pacquiao
                  6 Mayweather
                  7 Mayweather
                  8 Mayweather
                  9 Pacquiao
                  10 Mayweather
                  11 Mayweather
                  12 Pacquiao

That's how I see the fight turning out, but i'm still hoping Pacquiao turns up and proves me wrong. Anything can happen.
                  Last edited by DARKSEID; 05-01-2015, 12:16 PM.

Comment

• Possible outfits for Mayweather

Comment

• As soon as I start to feel hyped or believe Manny has a great shot I look at Manny and just can not for the life of me see it.

Manny is sure to have some good moments, maybe stun Floyd but I predict a pretty damn one sided fight in favour of Floyd here. Too much stock has been put into the Maidana fight(s). I hope I get proved wrong but if I go with my head over my heart I see this a pretty routine check for Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X