Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pumped for the weigh-in!! both guys make weight in their sleep but just for the event and knowing the fight will be the next day.

Pacquiao 144 1/2 lbs Mayweather 146 lbs

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I don't think one "goes for the KO" as a fight strategy. I think Floyd is going to fight the same way as always-smart with a defensive foundation. I think Manny does as well.

I think it will be a UD for Floyd, but hopefully a late KO opportunity presents itself and Floyd goes for it then.
      Flowmos still burning with the desire of their god getting a KO.

Comment

• Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
        lol you don't really believe that do you
        Hanz, I honestly do

What wins fights at the very elite level?

Skills
        Preparation
        Execution

I could go on but those are main factors

Preparation is key

Roach trash talks to curve the nerves and if it gains any mental edge on the opponent, he does it. He plants a seed with the media. For example, talking about how Floyd is scared because he's not trash talking. Does he really believe that? I think no. Fighters aren't scared. But boxing media are woefully inept and they kept asking Floyd why he's not trash talking, thinking this is the first time he's been like that, which it's not.

Whereas sr actually believes the ludicrous things he's saying. Just go on fighthype or fighthub and you won't believe the nonsense this guy is spewing

Comment

• Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
          Pumped for the weigh-in!! both guys make weight in their sleep but just for the event and knowing the fight will be the next day.

Pacquiao 144 1/2 lbs Mayweather 146 lbs
          I truly believe mayweather 147 pounds

Comment

• @KevinI: I am hearing the PPV for #MayPac is tracking for an enormous number. If trends continue, I expect it over 4 million

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
              i think so too. this is the first time in a long time that mayweather will have a size advantage and he'll want to take advantage of that

Comment

• Always thought Mayweather will win handily....

first 3 rounds competitive and tense, full of touch jabs and feints. I think Pacquiao will catch him with his 'manila ice' right hook a few times as Floyd tries to lead with the right.

As the fight goes on Mayweather will be able to feint to draw the right hook which misses THEN catch him with the straight right and once he's established that it's a wrap.

Manny hasn't got a good jab and isn't a inside fighter, Mayweather can wait for him to over extended with the pawing lazy jab and the right hand left hook is wide open for him.

Mayweather complaining about the protective cup tells me he's looking for the body and that's no surprise, his body work is underrated and Manny with his textbook block is open for it like Khan.

Comment

• Originally posted by jas View Post
                  Yeah that's possible too

Comment

• You're only as good as your last fight

PAC>Floyd....

Comment

• Not that anyone cares but I am weighing in here. it would not be fair to my posting brothers (and sisters?) not to weigh in with a decision about who would take this fight. I am violating a couple of my sacred cows here:

a) Most times, on a major boxing website the majority gets it right....The majority is picking Mayweather by UD...that speaks a lot past the bluster and delusional loons!

b) Usually the story in boxing is not as interesting as the result: In baseball ANY team circa the advent of free agency can win...its all about momentum coming in. There are no legitmate underdogs in the baseball playoffs! And in football, while the good lord has blessed us with a few steller match ups...usually the superbowl winner can be picked!

c) The smart money is on Mayweather.

But heres what bugs the **** out of me!! EVERYBODY knows this is a close fight right? So naturally ANY advantage that can be had will be BIG!! My first question is does Vegas really know how the two camps went? I have my doubts. The weigh in looked to me like Mayweather had a bad camp. He looked shifty, uncertain and gaunt. pac looked great. Pac really appears to believe that Floyd will not be the burden that Cotto was (I don't care about the de la hoya fight frankly.

I am picking Manny because in this tight fight it appears that the first major advantage goes to Manny. I don't think Floyd is spooked I think he looks like he didn't have the preparation.

So I am offically saying this will go to pacquio why? because Pacquio believes and it looks like Pac had the better camp by a long shot.

Some of my fellow posters gave analysis about body language and the weigh in. Truth is most people really make jackwads of themselves trying to make these pronouncements but...I think the posters got it right! Indeed!! Floyd cannot appear to hide his apprehensions and he looks very apprehensive. pac does not. Its not the grin, its the entire way both guys carried themselves. In a close fight any advantage gained is large. 5 years ago I would not have cared if Floyed showed up crying....He wins it no problem. But I see a Madianna era Floyd showing up and if Madianna can get to him, well.... so does any one givr a hoot? haha
                      Last edited by billeau2; 05-01-2015, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X