No announcement yet.

Official Floyd Mayweather- Manny Pacquiao Postfight aftermath discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good breakdown and prediction.

Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 05-01-2015, 06:33 AM.

Comment

• those breakdowns are very interesting,and make me believe even more,floyd will win.
      Last edited by supremeboxer; 05-01-2015, 06:36 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by joesaiditstrue View Post
        Keys to Victory (from my point of view)

Mayweather:

Gotta get Pacquiao's tempo/rhythm. Needs Manny to continue at the same pace/same rhythm throughout the fight. This will allow Floyd to effectively land his counters and make his jab more effective as he'll be able to throw it to disrupt Manny's speed

Needs to try and keep the fight in the center of the ring. Manny is less active in the middle of the ring, generally speaking. If this fight goes 12 rounds, and Manny is the one looking busier and more aggressive, he will definitely put rounds in the bank.

Get Manny's respect early. Floyd isn't a big puncher, but he needs to land something hard early to make Manny think. Remember, Pacquiao isn't an overly aggressive fighter (despite what you might hear), he's explosive and fights in spurts. Making Manny think and become less confident, allows the fight to be fought at Floyd's pace instead of Manny's

Pacquiao:

You have to find a way to hide the left hand. Manny has a natural ability to move himself subtly into position to land his left hand when his opponent least expects it. He needs to always be aware of where he is in the ring, and only take risks when he feels confident in landing the shot. Hiding his left hand is crucial in winning rounds, and making Floyd less confident in his counters

Sneaky left hand: FF to 33:29

Pacquiao also has to alter his rhythm. He needs to have a gameplan that maintains a disruptive tempo. Try and avoid doing the same things over and over. This plays into Mayweather's hands and allows him to get a bead on your patterns, which will certainly put the fight in Floyd's favor.

Manny needs to counter Floyd's jab. Manny slips and counters the jab of an orthodox fighter very well with head movement and quick feet. Floyd doesn't throw a consistent jab, so it'll be difficult to time it but this will be very important in making Floyd more hesitant to throw. He needs to be aware of where his lead foot is at all times and also try to predict when the jab is coming. Floyd has a tell when he throws the straight right hand, but he doesn't have the same give-away when throwing his jab.

just my thoughts. Al Bernstein can use my keys to victory if he wants
        Good post, I think whoever gets to dictate the pace will have the most success.

I think people were misunderstood in that article where Mayweather said he's going to be aggressive, being aggressive doesn't necessarily mean rushing in and having a war, trying to outfight him, if he did that he would be playing into Mannys hands because he loves people who come onto him and try to force exchanges because he can then open you up once you've committed, I think when he says he'll be more aggressive he means hold the centre of the ring, be busier, put something on Manny regularly and make him think constantly, he can be aggressive without exchanging excessively as long as he keeps his distance and makes him constantly think.

The fights one day away, let's all just be happy such a great fight is happening for us to see and enjoy it, and hope that the right man wins on the night, if that happens then we can all be happy as boxing fans.

Comment

• Mayweather has Manny's CUP inspected?

Floyd is desperate

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/...zvrmY5LVovuUwz

Comment

• its here mother****ers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bermuda View Post

Pacquiao last training session! ***128526; @mannypacquiao #maypac

A video posted by Matthew Garcia (@_matthewcg) on

Manny looks good. Fast, closing the distance. You can tell what their plan (at least one of them) is. If Floyd goes to the ropes, Manny will try to jump on him quick with combinations.
              Last edited by V.WEBB; 05-01-2015, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                Good breakdown and prediction.

Lol this guy is so damn biased. Yes he makes some some valid and interesting points which I believe are true. Such as Pacquiao's lack of defence around the body and his lack of a strong jab in comparison to Floyd. But on the whole he just thoroughly disregards Pacquiao as having hardly any skills. He fails to show Floyd having any weakness i.e the De La Hoya, Castillo & Maidana fights. Instead he just shows Floyds positive points. Also, the weaknesses he shows from Pacquiao's fights are from a lot of his wins. Doing in depth analysis for 15 mins and using slow motion clips doesn't mean you're speaking the truth or without bias.

He lost credibility for me when in the first video he said the term "runner" is associated with a specific race. That's when I knew he had a slight agenda.

Anyhow, should be a great fight. Wouldn't be surprising for either fighter to win, but I'm backing Pacman. War Pacqiuao.

Comment

Seeing them be best friends at the press conference kind of dampened my hype a little bit.

But this Video brought it back. 36 more hours.

Comment

• Soooooo supposedly Pacquiao had a swollen right hand at the press conference? Anyone?

Comment

Annnnnddd...Manny will be walking into check hooks all night.

Comment

Working...
                      X