Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits the hardest out of Matthysse, Maidana and Provodnikov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
    fair enough, one thing i dont see anyone mentioning is provodnikov's speed, atleast in terms of handspeed, he's the fastest out of this lot, and it will be dangerous for matthysse on the inside if he explode with those flurry's
    Good point about the speed. But for me Lucas has the better all round skills, including an improved defence (needed) and more counters to the body.

Back on topic, I would go with Matthysse because his punches are pretty concussive due to his footwork/positioning. Provo sometimes appears to sacrifice power for speed, which can result in more of a flash knock down. Maidana has power, but it generally has an accumulative effect as the fight goes on.

That said, any of them are capable of a single punch KO with their respective power. It's just how you use it IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
      Better chin possibly, not sure yet since the biggest puncher he has faced is Alvarado. But Matthysse has grit too, dropped twice v Molina, fought 6 rounds with one eye v Garcia.

This will be a great fight.
      It would be a great fight no doubt but I've seen Matt wilt under pressure against Garcia and even when Alexander at times took his shot, you could see Lucas shoulders droop.

Provo is too much of a thug to give a crap about that. Matt wins if he can stick to boxing but if he turns it into a slug fest, Provo can take him out.

Comment

Different kinds of power. Maidana is a clubbing, thudding kind of puncher. Heavy handed. Provodnikov is sort of a classic puncher imo, even mix between heavy hands and technique with how he generates power. Matthyssee another classic puncher, more on the technical side though. Matthysee the most devastating puncher out of the group.

Comment

But like someone said before all 3 are dangerous at every stage of the fight. 3 guys i have a lot of respect for, you know your getting your moneys worth when you watch these guys fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
            I think it's Provo or Maidana.

Matthysse has better footwork so he's able to corner his opponents, the other two guys are slower so don't get into position as often but when they land clean they really hurt their opponents.

Forced to choose I'd say Provodnikov.
            Wrong.

Maidana is very light on his feet. He is mobile. What fight did you see that makes you believe Maidana has slow feet?

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              Wrong.

Maidana is very light on his feet. He is mobile. What fight did you see that makes you believe Maidana has slow feet?
              Watching him fight maybe?

Not saying he's ridiculously slow but he's definitely not fast.

"Does prime Maidana have the feet to be fleet footed?"

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
                Watching him fight maybe?

Not saying he's ridiculously slow but he's definitely not fast.

"Does prime Maidana have the feet to be fleet footed?"

Maidana moves around the ring very well. He was out boxing Soto Karass, Broner, and Mayweather. And he can also hunt you down quickly, like he did against Broner and Mayweather in the early rounds.

A slow fighter is like Brandon Rios... or Ruslan.

Comment

Working...
                X