Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits the hardest out of Matthysse, Maidana and Provodnikov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truth. View Post
    Matthysse hits the hardest, followed by Maidana, Provodnikov's power is ridiculously overrated.
    Other way around on the bolded. Maidana's power is ridiculously overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      it is maidana.

corely has bias. he boxes, and he gets paid. he thinks he beat maidana, who didn't train for that fight and was very soft. i can't even remember his fight with provodnikov.
      No way.

Maidana's power is way overrated, he's never knocked anyone out that was really good or had a solid chin. Matthysse beat the ever living crap out of Corley. Maidana couldn't knock Khan out when he was out on his feet, he couldn't stop Broner who was a blown up lightweight, his power is very overrated.

Comment

I'm gonna Mattysse, Maidana, then Prov.

Maidana has the power, but lacks the acceleration. You can see his punches better so you can brace yourself, just don't get caught at the end of one of his shots like Broner did on that first KD.

Prov difficult for me to tell. Dude is a big time front runner. He'll throw the kitchen sink at you for 4 rounds and if you can survive his power isn't a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          I think it's Provo or Maidana.

Matthysse has better footwork so he's able to corner his opponents, the other two guys are slower so don't get into position as often but when they land clean they really hurt their opponents.

Forced to choose I'd say Provodnikov.
          matthysse often takes alot of power off his shots to land them, and to be capable of throwing as much as he does(if he did like maidana and provo he'd be gassed also), when he loads up he's alot more devastating than the other two because of his punching technique(something maidana sorely lacks) and sharpness

if we're talking strength, maybe maidana

matthysse is one of those brutal punches that when they hit you in sparring, it's with punches so sharp it feels like it went right through the headgear and you feel you might have sustained a cut under the headgear

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            matthysse often takes alot of power off his shots to land them, and to be capable of throwing as much as he does(if he did like maidana and provo he'd be gassed also), when he loads up he's alot more devastating than the other two because of his punching technique(something maidana sorely lacks) and sharpness

if we're talking strength, maybe maidana

matthysse is one of those brutal punches that when they hit you in sparring, it's with punches so sharp it feels like it went right through the headgear and you feel you might have sustained a cut under the headgear
            I just think if Provo lands the shots Matthysse did against Garcia and Molina, they would have gone down or been badly hurt whereas they ate Matthysse's punches for rounds. Just my view.

Comment

Originally posted by Salim_Shady96 View Post
              This is what Corley told me: @CHOPCorley: @Salim_Shady96 matthyess do honestly look at my fights with the other 2 I beat them both ! Just was cheated ! What do you guys think?
              I voted Provodnikov but Matthysse is pretty close to him...Maidana isn't near those two.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                I just think if Provo lands the shots Matthysse did against Garcia and Molina, they would have gone down or been badly hurt whereas they ate Matthysse's punches for rounds. Just my view.
                fair enough, one thing i dont see anyone mentioning is provodnikov's speed, atleast in terms of handspeed, he's the fastest out of this lot, and it will be dangerous for matthysse on the inside if he explode with those flurry's

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                  fair enough, one thing i dont see anyone mentioning is provodnikov's speed, atleast in terms of handspeed, he's the fastest out of this lot, and it will be dangerous for matthysse on the inside if he explode with those flurry's
                  I dunno man, I think Lucas has faster hands AND feet and is more technically gifted

Comment

I think Provodnikov may be the toughest out of the 3, in terms of punch resistance. Seen him buzzed a couple of times but never hurt.

Same with Matthysse really, I've never seen him in trouble, he's been down a few times recently but I never felt he was in any trouble at any stage.

Maidana seems to get hurt in almost every fight

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      I dunno man, I think Lucas has faster hands AND feet and is more technically gifted
                      i agree with the bolded, but i can't make a prediction on matthysse-provodnikov, i've never seen matthysse fight on the backfoot, although he does give more ground than provo who i've never seen take a backwards step in any of his fights

if he gives himself some space i can see him messing provo up with the straight punches, in close i think provodnikov has the advantage

Comment

Working...
                      X