Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who hits the hardest out of Matthysse, Maidana and Provodnikov?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would say Prov

He has proven power at 140 and 147

I'd say he has the most power at 140 and is tied with Porter/Pac at 147

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
      No way.

Maidana's power is way overrated, he's never knocked anyone out that was really good or had a solid chin. Matthysse beat the ever living crap out of Corley. Maidana couldn't knock Khan out when he was out on his feet, he couldn't stop Broner who was a blown up lightweight, his power is very overrated.

being able to punch hard and being able to stop somebody can be two different things.

if you held mitts for matthysse and maidana, you wouldn't think matthysse hits harder.

Comment

Maidana couldn't drop let alone spark Khan out...........

Comment

1. Matthysse - 95%
          2. Maidana - 87%
          3. Provodnikov - 83%

Just to put this whole thing into perspective:

Lucas one-touches people with the same gloves that Maidana's fans refer to as "pillows." He uses them regularly, not as a downgrade from a puncher's glove like Maidana.

That alone tells you Lucas hits the hardest. Never mind that you have every fighter telling you he does.

Maidana takes the second spot based on the fact that you can't let him hit you multiple times.

Provodnikov is a distant third because his opponents can endure multiple shots from him and still retaliate. He's more of a mauler, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            i agree with the bolded, but i can't make a prediction on matthysse-provodnikov, i've never seen matthysse fight on the backfoot, although he does give more ground than provo who i've never seen take a backwards step in any of his fights

if he gives himself some space i can see him messing provo up with the straight punches, in close i think provodnikov has the advantage
            I think Provo has a very good chance of beating him, he has a far superior chin and grit.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              being able to punch hard and being able to stop somebody can be two different things.

if you held mitts for matthysse and maidana, you wouldn't think matthysse hits harder.
              How would you know?? Maidana is a devastating puncher who puts your lights out. When he knocked Peterson out you could see the look on his face it was like Peterson had the life sucked out of him, Mike Dallas Jr (yeah I know, he's no good and it's a really overhyped win) was iced cold. When has Maidana ever knocked out someone like that? He knocked Danny Garcia's mouthpiece for crying out loud, it was a custom made mouthpiece too according to Angel, that was solidly fitted.

Comment

Originally posted by vorgaphe View Post
                I think Maidana's power is actually hugely overrated. If you can't knock Khan out when he's out on his feet, you don't have huge power.
                maidana was running on fumes by the time he caught khan. explain how he dropped karass who is bigger and has an infinitely better chin than khan?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                  How would you know?? Maidana is a devastating puncher who puts your lights out. When he knocked Peterson out you could see the look on his face it was like Peterson had the life sucked out of him, Mike Dallas Jr (yeah I know, he's no good and it's a really overhyped win) was iced cold. When has Maidana ever knocked out someone like that? He knocked Danny Garcia's mouthpiece for crying out loud, it was a custom made mouthpiece too according to Angel, that was solidly fitted.

i've been watching boxing for a very long time. you're going to say "you still don't know," and you're correct. i haven't been hit by either. based on my close to two decades watching boxing, i think it's clear who hits harder.

you're still not addressing the phenomenon of the harder puncher being unable to land his best shots in a boxing match.

i'lll just assume you mean matthysse, because maidana has never fought peterson.

when peterson was rocked the worst by matthysse, they had traded hooks. surely you understand that what goes on when guys trade hooks is more a product of timing than simply how hard one is hitting.

as for one punch knockoutson maidana's resume, he has them. victor cayo came to mind immediately. that was a one punch knockout to the body.

Comment

raw, blunt force power, maidana. matthysse has better technique behind his punches which makes them much more effective. ruslan has power but he isn't as devastating as the other two. if matthyse or maidana land 2-3 flush shots consecutively you're in big trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                      I think Provo has a very good chance of beating him, he has a far superior chin and grit.
                      Better chin possibly, not sure yet since the biggest puncher he has faced is Alvarado. But Matthysse has grit too, dropped twice v Molina, fought 6 rounds with one eye v Garcia.

This will be a great fight.

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      i agree with the bolded, but i can't make a prediction on matthysse-provodnikov, i've never seen matthysse fight on the backfoot, although he does give more ground than provo who i've never seen take a backwards step in any of his fights

if he gives himself some space i can see him messing provo up with the straight punches, in close i think provodnikov has the advantage
                      If you re-watch Matthysse-Judah you can see Lucas moving around and boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X