Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would defeating Margarito have done anything for Mayweathers legacy in retrospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woulda done nothing. Everyone would just say he beat another come-forward, Hispanic brawler with no movement and that it was a cherry pick because Margs fit Mayweather's style.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Wins over Mosley for lineal @we , canelo for lineal @ 154, and cotto( 154) > wins over Williams, cotto(beltless @ ww at the time), margarito
      Oh cool, so wins over guys out of their primes is better then in their primes..at least now I know why Floyd is finally entertaining a Manny fight...5 years ago it wouldn't have been a better win then if he beats him this May lol..

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
        Easy to see that the TS wasn't even following boxing back in 2006.
        Ts is a shameless ****rider

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          Oh cool, so wins over guys out of their primes is better then in their primes..at least now I know why Floyd is finally entertaining a Manny fight...5 years ago it wouldn't have been a better win then if he beats him this May lol..
          that's like me saying I know why Manny is entertaining random blood and urine testing and no cut offs....

prime or not, you are not gonna sit here and try and argue Margarito is/was better than Mosley or ODLH who are hall of famers and two of the best of their era. Skills and talent means a lot more than age

Comment

Margarito in 06-07 was not more dangerous than Oscar DLH at 154...there Is no way to spin this
            yeah, that's why DLH wanted no part of a Margarito fight, and instead chose to pick on a little guy.

Comment

better than a win over Cotto, Mosely, ODLH?these guys are first ballot hall of famers....Margarito wont get in.... It would have been intriguing as a fan but as far as legacy, it would have meant no more than beating Maidana and Robert Guerrero.........
              Ur right on this one. He should have fought him but it wouldnt change nothing to his legacy. Margarito is not someone u brag abt in ur resume. Good pressure fighter, nothing else. U can compare him to Maidana and Guerrerro, ur right

Comment

that's like me saying I know why Manny is entertaining random blood and urine testing and no cut offs....

prime or not, you are not gonna sit here and try and argue Margarito is/was better than Mosley or ODLH who are hall of famers and two of the best of their era. Skills and talent means a lot more than age
                Styles you ****in ******. Mosley looked like **** against Floyd, he was shot and off peds, overall still better than maidana who gave him hell. Margarito at that time would have been difficult.

Comment

Nope, not at all. They would say Floyd was too fast and Margarito was obviously a punching bag. Despite their pre-fight predictions.

Comment

In their primes of course not but Oscar was faded as hell and Shane had 16 months off at age 38..... Both those guys were prime like 2002 and earlier... At least Margarito was a champion for like 5 years and in his prime. A win over him would have been a very high quality win. Better then a Baldomir, Gatti, Guerrero,Ortiz,Mitchell,Judah....at least IMO...

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                      yeah, that's why DLH wanted no part of a Margarito fight, and instead chose to pick on a little guy.
                      What was there for Oscar to gain? fight an unknown fighter who holds the wbo belt at 147 or face the p4p best fighter of the time

no one can question Oscar about opposition....It would have made more sense if you said you said he should've fought Winky Wright around that time.

Oscar would have kicked Margos ass from pillar to post in 06-07

Comment

Working...
                      X