Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would defeating Margarito have done anything for Mayweathers legacy in retrospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smoothsmg View Post
    I so agree with you. i still can not believe people talk about this low life scum that is a disgrace to boxing, to the utmost. He should never be mentioned in regards to any elite fighters, he should only be talked about as the loser/cheat that he was. I remember watching a boxing match on ESPN back in the day where one fighter had part of his ear knocked off by punches, come to find out later that the fighter throwing the punches was Margarito. He is scum of boxing. Wish people would stop bringing him up.
    It is truly sad. Notice how the coward bigjavi ducks my post.
    Margarito is truly a blackeye for the sport of boxing. For al the activists who say the sport of boxing should ban, only have to point to margarito for their reason why.

Comment

• Luis Resto: Margarito Needed Life Suspension, Like Me

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...table&id=42869

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
        It is truly sad. Notice how the coward bigjavi ducks my post.
        Margarito is truly a blackeye for the sport of boxing. For al the activists who say the sport of boxing should ban, only have to point to margarito for their reason why.
        What about Mikey Bey?

What about J'Leon Love?

What about James Toney?

What about Shane Mosley?

What about the ILLEGAL tactics that Floyd uses with his elbows and forearms?

Comment

• It would have been great for Mayweather at the time. Margarito exposed as a cheat certainly would have not harmed Floyd's legacy. Maybe the Floyd appearance of ducking fighters would be different now.

Comment

• I think it would have been nice but it wouldn't change anything in terms of him being called a ducker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Horus View Post
              Answer this question.

Why would a win over a guy who was suspended, punished, and routinely lemented as cheater be something to be proud of??

Margarito is the same guy who lost the rematch to cotto when he didn't have the wraps that got hand suspended. Margarito is the guy who retired early after he could not used the wraps anymore that got him suspended.

Margarito is a disgrace to the sport is all his wins should be vacanted imo.
              He is a very low piece of ****t. It makes you look bad for championing such a
              ******* fighter who cheated to get where he was in boxing.
              Do you really watch & understand boxing??? I doubt it by the above post
              1 You said it yourself Margarito was ACCUSED of cheating he was never proven to have cheated. He was banned because of a blatant lie by ****m Richardson who claimed BLOCKS fell out of Margarito's wraps. What happened to those BLOCKS?? All that was really in there was a used gauze pad which was tested in a lab & deemed harmless A technical offense yes but an accidental action by Javier Capetillo
              2 If Margarito is a disgrace to the sport while innocent how do you warrant Shane Mosely being allowed to keep fighting & be lauded as a future HOF inductee when he is a PROVEN & eventually SELF CONFESSED EPO steroid abuser. Any other sport & he would be banned for life like the other juicers
              If anyone cheated in the Mosely- Margarito fight it was Mosely You only have to look at his none stop energy & punching then & compare it to when he fought Floyd when he had to be clean. He gassed in 3 rounds.
              3 When Margarito met Cotto in the rematch he was not 100% because of his severely permanently damaged eye. Cotto knew this that's why he eventually took the fight. He targeted that eye several times he deliberately laced Margarito's damaged eye too. BUT He STILL!! couldn't put a fighter who had valiantly fought him for 8 rounds with one good eye away. Watch the end of the round Margarito is coming on beating his chest Cotto is wilting. Only then does the NY doctor decide to stop the fight. Not to save Margarito but to save Cotto the embarrassment of quitting AGAIN!!!!!!
              4 You say all Margarito wins should be discounted huh How about all Moselys wins?? Mosely was a PROVEN cheat how many times did he fight juiced??? Not just the Oscar fight & Margarito I doubt very much
              Of the two Margarito & Mosely Mosely is the one that is the CHEAT Shame on anyone campaigning & following a CHEAT!!!!!
              Last edited by CJRock; 01-26-2015, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                What about Mikey Bey?

What about J'Leon Love?

What about James Toney?

What about Shane Mosley?

What about the ILLEGAL tactics that Floyd uses with his elbows and forearms?
                You know I gave Shane Mosley the same amount of crticism right..

SHANE IS THE ******EST PERSON ALIVE...AND DONT DESERVE ****!!

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=

IF you could PUNISH MOSLEY "TODAY" for taking STEROIDS in the past WOULD you

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314061
                Last edited by Horus; 01-26-2015, 01:53 PM.

Comment

• No...............

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    Arum was not putting Cotto in with Mayweather at that time...they were still building him up.

I wouldn't have minded seeing him fight Margarito, but he more than made up for it by winning another lineal title at 154, regaining the lineal title at 147 and added wins over Canelo, Maidana, Mosley, and JMM...I JUST DONT THINK A WIN OVER MARGARITO WOULD HAVE MEANT MUCH IN THE LONG RUN, IT WOULD EVEN BE A TOP 5 WIN FOR MAYWEATHER
                    a win over margarito in 08 would be far better than his wins over guys like ortiz, maidana, guerrero, hatton and canelo. margarito was a really big welterweight, and a lot of fans wanted to see that fight.

Comment

• If he fought Margarito.they he would have gotten accused of ducking Baldomir,or Hatton or Oscar etc etc

Comment

Working...
                      X