No announcement yet.

Inside fighting...is it a dying art?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UTEP View Post

Did you just compare Rios to Archie Moore, Roberto Duran and Rocky Marciano? Of course Rios doesn't have great inside game like those guys. Nobody said Rios was an ATG inside fighter, lol.
    I'm just saying Rios is a terrible in-fighter. The only reason people even mention him is because that's literally the only way he can fight. He's a punching bag. I'd even say Provo is better than him, just too bad he doesn't punch enough.

Comment

We would see a bunch of it with Golovkin/Alvarez or Golovkin/Chavez Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Child View Post
        I'm just saying Rios is a terrible in-fighter. The only reason people even mention him is because that's literally the only way he can fight. He's a punching bag. I'd even say Provo is better than him, just too bad he doesn't punch enough.
        I think Prov's problem is getting in range to punch. Once he's at point blank he's the best in his division, but once his opponent realizes he needs that they deprive him of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          We would see a bunch of it with Golovkin/Alvarez or Golovkin/Chavez Jr.
          Yes and no. Golovkin isn't really an inside fighter. He will occasionally get inside to smother an opponents punch but he'll quickly take half steps back to get to the mid-range where he excels. When opponents try to grab him or get to close he either shoves them off quickly or moves back. He's constantly keeping the opponent at the end of us jab until he can push them to the ropes and batter them but he rarely if ever smothers his own punches. Golovkin likes fighting at the mid-range or the end of his jab where he can produce more powerful punches.

I wish Canelo would actually fight more on the inside with more aggression because it would suit the way his body is built. I believe he is going to have a difficult time as he moves up in weight due to his small stature. He's very much a mid-range boxer/puncher.

Comment

Originally posted by TotalStud View Post
            I think Prov's problem is getting in range to punch. Once he's at point blank he's the best in his division, but once his opponent realizes he needs that they deprive him of it.
            One of his biggest issues is he tends to get lulled into looking for the big shot instead of using a higher work-rate. He is inconsistent about going to the body and doesn't use enough head movement. He's got a fantastic over-hand right and will occasionally show tiny tiny flashes. He was using an excellent side step followed by a nice hook to the body against Alvarez but it was nowhere to be seen against Algieri because the movement and jab was bothering him. He didn't know how to get into range by either using head movement or a jab. Give Algieri a lot of credit because in my opinion it was still a very close fight.

Comment

Rios and Alvarado was quite the brawl on the inside

Comment

It seems to be the case because there are more lame ass referees thats overly protective and gets involved a lot......really sucks

Comment

Hopkins will show yall tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Child View Post
                    Rios is pretty good inside fighter"once he is inside"...the problem with him is his getting in, he is a one trick pony and just follows his oppenet by brute force... provo is somewhat better at cutting the ring off but not by much..but cant fight a phonebooth,(he backs out a bit)needs room for his hooks...imo

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      Phone booth fight, Larry.

A phone book fight is where people beat each other to death with a telephone directory.
                      lmfaooooooooo

Comment

Working...
                      X