Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elroy1 View Post
    What is an ATG?

Really?

Of course Froch is an ATG. He's great, he'd be great in any previous era (understatement). To me that's an ATG.
    I doubt he'd be any special in previous eras. He lacks pure boxing ability and ring IQ, his toughness would only get him so far.

He's not an ATG. Just because he's 'great' now doesn't mean he's deserving of being named a great of all time.

Comment

to consider him an atg is degrading to fighters who have racked up more quality wins than froch has...like hearns

I rank him over calzaghe as he has simply faced and mostly beaten better quality opposition, but his claim as a unified champion is ridiculous as he beat kessler who basically got the "regular" belt handed to him

I also don't consider his best win, kessler, to be relevant as a post ward kessler simply wasn't the same fighter, and pascal his second best win was a novice fighter at that time

had froch beaten stevenson when he was willing to move back down after the dawson fight I'd rate froch as highly as ward

Comment

Originally posted by Tedkidlewis View Post
        Froch is better than Calzaghe.
        Truest statement I've seen today.

Comment

For me he will always be an ATG. But It's hard to definte what the hell that is anyway. In SMW he's one of the best ever, top 2 or 3, so that's enough for me.

Comment

All time great over achiever.

Comment

He's one of the best ever at 168, but that isn't really saying an awful lot.

A more interesting question is how he compares to the best ever at light-heavyweight, taking the weight difference into account.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                When Froch retires people will regret hating on Froch. Never ducks anyone and has one of the best back to back fight records currently. 6 years of fighting mostly elite fighters.
                ... never hated him, even if he beat up "my boy"...
                ... Carl Froch will be remembered as one of the best British fighters.

Comment

He is white and english=no chance in hell

Comment

Ward is no.2 P4P and one of the most highly regarded in the sport of recent times. Froch is his best win, without him his resume would be just pretty good. Admit it guys. So if Ward is rated so highly off the back of Froch then why are people (especially Ward fans I suspect) d*cking on him?

advence edit: Weight drained zombie dieing life support Dawson was not a better win

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
                      He's one of the best ever at 168, but that isn't really saying an awful lot.

A more interesting question is how he compares to the best ever at light-heavyweight, taking the weight difference into account.
                      Light heavy is one of the deepest divisions in history. It has a deep talent pool and is filled with some of the greatest fighters to even lace them up. Needless to say Froch wouldn't compare favorably

Comment

Working...
                      X