Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Froch an ATG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes he is. A fearless warrior who never ducked anyone. Boxing will be a poorer sport when he eventually retires.

Comment

Not even a hall of famer. His resume dosen't have any quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Vadrigar. View Post
        Not even a hall of famer. His resume dosen't have any quality.
        Oh, f-off troll.

Comment

HOF, yes. ATG, no. I'm a Froch too.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            Hell no!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He never moved up and was never even the best in his own damn weight class....He will not even be a 1st ballot Hall of famer
            I think he will be.

I think he should be aswell.

Comment

Carl Froch's best wins;

Mikkel Kessler
              Lucian Bute
              Jean Pascal
              Arthur Abraham

Jermain Taylor - Was Froch's arrival party, he was being beaten on the cards when he pulled out a Rocky-esque come back and stopped Taylor with seconds to go in the 12th.

Andre Dirrell - I never include this fight in the ranking of Froch, arguably he lost and was frustrated by the better boxer. I was frustrated as a fan watching Dirrell's performance so I tend to enjoy that he wasn't given the decision. But Froch does not deserve credit for the win.

Arthur Abraham - After having lost to Kessler in a close fight and with Abraham having beaten Taylor more convincingly than what Froch did - many thought this was a close fight. Many actually favoured Abraham to stop Froch. In hindsight, this is where Abraham's limitations were shown up and his inability to attack-defend at the same time. Instead he resorted to becoming a turtle and allowing Froch to whale on him for 12 rounds. Despite that, it was a good performance from Froch and I don't think many expected him to deal with Abraham like that.

Glen Johnson - It was essentially a stay busy fight against a decent opponent. Johnson did well in this and gave Froch a close fight. A lacklustre performance from Froch.

Lucian Bute - Probably Froch's best win.

George Groves - These wins are an investment. As it stands, they're decent victories over a prospect. It's also another fight in which Froch was losing but he managed to break Groves down.

Froch is honestly close to being an over achiever. He looks so clumsy and uncoordinated at times, he was being out-boxed and losing in victories that some consider his best wins. But what makes Froch is his awesome work rate, durability and warrior spirit. You might out-box him for the first half of the fight but can you last 36 minutes with him?

Does being a fearless warrior who pretty much always entertains us guarantee a spot in the HoF or as an ATG? No. But it does nearly always guarantee a lot of love from the fans. I couldn't disagree if he was inducted into the HoF though, I'd like to see it.

He's the second best SMW of his 'generation' with Kessler just behind him but a very clear and noticeable gap between him and #1, Andre Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Froch's resume is very arguably better.
                It's not really arguable that it is better though. Ward beat the 2 other great smws of this Era quite easily. Froch lost to both. Therefore there really is no argument at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  I think he will be.

I think he should be aswell.
                  I remember arguing with u about about froch aND montiel and u took the stance that montiel was the better fighter. U were never really high on froch but hes coke a long way from those days. I always knew he had a certain quality that made him an exceptional fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby Shmurda View Post
                    I remember arguing with u about about froch aND montiel and u took the stance that montiel was the better fighter. U were never really high on froch but hes coke a long way from those days. I always knew he had a certain quality that made him an exceptional fighter.
                    Froch proved me wrong way too many times.

I don't recall this conversation you're referring to but I have no doubts I would have said something like that. Montiel I would have expected to have a better career than Froch but Froch is a master in the arts of proving everybody wrong.

I used to really dislike Froch and now he's one of my favourite current fighters. Ended up going to Kessler-Froch 2 and rooting from him, funny how things work.

Anyway, Froch is a Legend over here and despite his many flaws he finds a way to win. He's had an exceptional career.

Comment

What is an ATG?

Really?

Of course Froch is an ATG. He's great, he'd be great in any previous era (understatement). To me that's an ATG.

Comment

Working...
                      X