No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux dismisses Iole,Rafeal and employer Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by damit305 View Post
    And you my friend are a perfect example of why the industry manipulates towards a WWE model as opposed to keeping boxing in its purest form.

But hey, more power to the entertainment industry. We want blood, guts and knockouts. We'll leave that to the Mexicans. lol.
    Yet Rigo would love to get the exposure that these mexican fighters are getting.

Comment

People who can't appreciate Rigo's skill set are the same people who rather watch a 15-16 baseball game vs. a good defensive 1-0 game!

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
        lol.. more like ignorant hillbillies cant understand or appreciate true quality be it in a boxing ring or on a movie screen.

those of us who are a bit more sophisticated can actually appreciate art, enjoy good boxing and spell Rigondeaux correctly.

we are getting increasingly outnumbered though.

please don't reproduce.
        Appreciating and being entertained are 2 different things. I recognize and can appreciate the technician that Rigo is. I'll even tune in to see him fight as long as its free. But to say that someone is ignorant because they dont find him entertaining is just wrong. A fight is suppose to contain action and entertainment. Especially when you're getting paid! When you have a guy like Rigo who purposely limits the action in an attempt to play it safe, I can see where many people would get turned off by that. He's a great boxer but he's an aquired taste.

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
          People who can't appreciate Rigo's skill set are the same people who rather watch a 15-16 baseball game vs. a good defensive 1-0 game!
          And that would be about 90% of all sports fans!

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
            As talented as Rigo is, he's an aquired taste. If you compare him to music, watching him fight is like attending a jazz concert. Not very exciting but its appreciated by those who have an ear for it. I can see how he could appeal to fans of golf.
            Jazz concert not exciting?

You blaspheme.

YDKSAM

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
              And that would be about 90% of all sports fans!
              Says a lot about understanding the game, doesn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
                if a guy just goes into a shell and is in survival what is there to learn? esspecially when the other guy wont bother to lead himself, you're left with nothing to see and nothing to take in

we know rigo's good, but to enjoy a crap fest like agbeko-rigo is kind of, well, sad

hopefully you didn't enjoy vasquez-bey but it wouldn't be right if you didn't since you guys love the "sweet science" so much

the only thing i can do from here is insult the intelligence of people who enjoy to watch paint dry, so im gonna leave
                except agbeko didn't just go into survival mode for no reason. he didn't become world champion by just giving up.

he was forced into that situation due to the supreme skill, talent and intelligence of one Guillermo Rigondeaux for which he had no answers.

that talent, skill and intelligence on display is what i enjoy watching. to be able to completely neutralize a world champion and make it look easy, just shut him down and reduce him to nothing.

you cant recognize the subtle things he is doing though, so you think agbeko just went into a shell for no reason. so i can understand why its not entertaining to you, but for those of us who can see it's a thing of beauty.

Comment

except agbeko didn't just go into survival mode for no reason. he didn't become world champion by just giving up.

he was forced into that situation due to the supreme skill, talent and intelligence of one Guillermo Rigondeaux for which he had no answers.

that talent, skill and intelligence on display is what i enjoy watching. to be able to completely neutralize a world champion and make it look easy, just shut him down and reduce him to nothing.

you cant recognize the subtle things he is doing though, so you think agbeko just went into a shell for no reason. so i can understand why its not entertaining to you, but for those of us who can see it's a thing of beauty.
                  "Hummmm, A smart one I have found!" (in Yoda voice)

Comment

Originally posted by Basco View Post
                    Says a lot about understanding the game, doesn't it?
                    One can fully understand the game. If you want fans to go into their pockets though you must entertain. Sports are an entertainment based industry.

Comment

This elitist self entitlement is really over the top. We all know why Agbeko was in a shell and it's because he was overmatched, but it would have been far more pleasing to appreciate had Rigondeaux taken advantage of this situation. By using his supreme, skill, and intelligence to hurt Agbeko instead of simply turning in a subtle display performance of skills rather than a more complete performance.

Comment

Working...
                      X