Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux dismisses Iole,Rafeal and employer Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I enjoyed the highlight video, but the problem is that in a Rigo fight there's only 5 minutes of that, and 31 minutes of .

It's too bad Rigo is so stubborn and won't go in for the kill.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
      One can fully understand the game. If you want fans to go into their pockets though you must entertain. Sports are an entertainment based industry.
      I understand your point but I am not a promoter making money from this sport. I appreciate skills vs 2 fighters going at it in a "last man standing" style fight. When I want to see KO's, I watch UFC.

Comment

My God Rigo is brilliant. I hate when people say he's boring

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
            except agbeko didn't just go into survival mode for no reason. he didn't become world champion by just giving up.

he was forced into that situation due to the supreme skill, talent and intelligence of one Guillermo Rigondeaux for which he had no answers.

that talent, skill and intelligence on display is what i enjoy watching. to be able to completely neutralize a world champion and make it look easy, just shut him down and reduce him to nothing.

you cant recognize the subtle things he is doing though, so you think agbeko just went into a shell for no reason. so i can understand why its not entertaining to you, but for those of us who can see it's a thing of beauty.
            i know, we all know....christ, it doesn't stop the fight from being sht as fuk, one guy is too afraid to fight and the other doesn't want to fight

rigondeaux is constantly on the defensive, when you swing at him he makes you pay with frightening speed and power, when the guys are afraid, he's like, "cool, now i can do nothing for the rest of the bout"

so his offense is just another way for him to be on the defensive, when a guy is ****ting themselves and you're so far above them why not throw some hands?
            Last edited by SplitSecond; 10-13-2014, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
              i know, we all know....christ, it doesn't stop the fight from being sht as fuk, one guy is too afraid to fight and the other doesn't want to fight

rigondeaux is constantly on the defensive, when you swing at him he makes you pay with frightening speed and power, when the guys are afraid, he's like, "cool, now i can do nothing for the rest of the bout"

so his offense is just another way for him to be on the defensive, when a guy is ****ting themselves and you're so far above them why not throw some hands?
              Exactly. Rigo fanboys like to blame Agbeko and although I agree he shares some of the blame for making it a shiet fight, I put blame on Rigo for not unleashing on a guy who didnt want to do anything but cover up. If I have a guy in front of me who's doing nothing but covering up, then you can bet that I'm going to unload on him. Instead Rigo sat back and did nothing other than wait for a guy to throw who wasnt throwing. He had every chance in the world to make a statement and didnt seize the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Here's the thoughts of a Cuban referee with two decades of experience both in the ring as a ref for dozens of world championship fights, and outside as a referee seminar instructor for the WBA, WBO, and Association of Boxing Commissions.

http://www.secondsout.com/ringside/b...ith-gray-areas
                When all else fails...

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz View Post

Not opposed to this. Didn't they try this already?

Comment

According to @sportviewlondon, Guillermo Rigondeaux will be trained by Freddie Roach for his upcoming bout. #boxing
                    — Francisco A. Salazar (@FSalazarBoxing) October 13, 2014
                    Is this really true? Maybe Rigo will be more offensive minded now. So Roach will be training Rigo, Manny, and Cotto... damn..

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Good comparison... He's about minimalist aesthetics...
                      ... Andre Ward is the only P4P fighter who would annihilate Rigo's style... Ward annihilates everything...
                      I agree, Ward is the perfect anti-boxer. But i think he would be vulnerable to a big puncher who could out-man-handle Ward.

Comment

Working...
                      X