No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux dismisses Iole,Rafeal and employer Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deevel916 View Post
    LOL. Told? If Rigo was an entertaining boxer then trust me, people would be tuning in. Do you think the execs at HBO and Showtime listen to what they're "told" when it comes to signing a fighter? Rigo had plenty of chances to show and prove himself as an attraction and failed. Talented his is. I'll definitely give him that. He just brings little to no entertainment value.
    And you my friend are a perfect example of why the industry manipulates towards a WWE model as opposed to keeping boxing in its purest form.

But hey, more power to the entertainment industry. We want blood, guts and knockouts. We'll leave that to the Mexicans. lol.

Comment

oh wow a highlight video.

Comment

Defense fist fghter will always bore the crowds. He will hve to do a lot of winning before he gets the money he wants.

Nobody knows who he is and the few events that he has been he stunk up the place.

You can be the best but most pay to be entertained

Comment

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
          lol.. more like ignorant hillbillies cant understand or appreciate true quality be it in a boxing ring or on a movie screen.

those of us who are a bit more sophisticated can actually appreciate art, enjoy good boxing and spell Rigondeaux correctly.

we are getting increasingly outnumbered though.

please don't reproduce.
          did you enjoy rigondeaux agbeko?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
            4:03 he gets hit by a left hook
            4:16 hit by a right hand
            2:21 hit by a right hand
            5:06 hit over the head with a left hook, can see same punch land @ 5:10

otherwise good video, fun song although i wouldn't listen to it when people are around
            nope.

none of them landed flush or clean, one might have grazed him but most of them missed him by a hair. even so grazing someone on top of the head isn't a scoring blow. it is however the key to really good defense, make them miss by an inch rather than a mile as it keeps you in a position where you can counter.

Comment

I did. I can understand how those who were expecting a devastating KO weren't. Normally I call those casuals.
              As opposed to crediting the 12-0 shutout by Rigo, the media ridiculed his performance due to the fans which were leaving the live venue. The same people which were there to see local favorite Glen Tapia.

We live in a day in age which we love to believe everything we read. Even if it manipulates our perception on the subject at hand. Don't be a pawn.

Comment

absolutely. i have watched it about 3-4 times, still have it on my computer.

don't get me wrong it wasn't a great fight since agbeko went into survival mode so early, but watching someone with the skills of RiGOD is always enjoyable. you can choose to focus on what agbeko isnt doing, or you can focus on why and appreciate how RiGOD is capable of reducing a world champion to nothing.
                Last edited by #1Assassin; 10-13-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daylyt View Post
                  oh wow a highlight video.
                  oh wow an alt

Comment

It's a shame none of the top fighters, other than Donaire, are getting in the ring with Rigo. Rigo against any top fighter would result in a highly entertaining fight, Rigo/Donaire was highly entertaining and a fight I can watch several times.

Rigo/Agbeko was a horrific fight simply because Agbeko was so overmatched ang Rigo wasn't able to press the action and cut off the ring since that's not really his style.

Comment

if a guy just goes into a shell and is in survival what is there to learn? esspecially when the other guy wont bother to lead himself, you're left with nothing to see and nothing to take in

we know rigo's good, but to enjoy a crap fest like agbeko-rigo is kind of, well, sad

hopefully you didn't enjoy vasquez-bey but it wouldn't be right if you didn't since you guys love the "sweet science" so much

the only thing i can do from here is insult the intelligence of people who enjoy to watch paint dry, so im gonna leave
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 10-13-2014, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X