No announcement yet.

Joshua-Bakhtov, Lee Selby & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
    he has a lot left to prove. when your best wins are byrd, haye, and povetkin you probably should stick around and fight some new talent. also do it without holding 186 times.
    Didn't we get over it like 2 years ago...

Wlad doesn't gain much by beating Wilder/Fury. Byrd/Haye/Povetkin are levels above these 2.

AJ is still far off Wlad's level. It will take him at least another 2-3 years. But that time, Wlad will be in his 40s. Hard to expect he'll stick that long.

AJ has the potential to be next HOF and beating him can be something quite significant, but the age gap of 14 years is a bit too much..

Comment

• Originally posted by KO'er View Post
      I don't recollect Wilder taking anybody with 1 punch. Apart from the fella who kept his guard down and allowed Wilder to land a complete hayemaker on his chin.

Joshua hits hard; very hard. I'm a fan of Wilder, but Bakhtov is better than anybody Wilder has faced bar Malik Scott.
      He made liakhovic or whatever his name was twist around on the floor with one punch. There's no doubt he's a serious one-punch KO artist.

He just doesn't really have much else, and his chin is glass.

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Yeah he can punch but he's not a one punch KO kind of puncher from what I can tell.
        Looking at Mike Tyson's career, I can only remember a couple of occassions where he took out an opponent with a single shot.

Berbick, Holmes, Spinks, etc all went down from an accumulation of punches. He took out the likes of Brian Nielsen with a single punch, but that was a fair bit into the fit when Nielsen would have been a bit tired. Nielsen was really overweight too.

Joshua hasn't got past the 3rd round yet.

Comment

I don't recollect Wilder taking anybody with 1 punch. Apart from the fella who kept his guard down and allowed Wilder to land a complete hayemaker on his chin.

Joshua hits hard; very hard. I'm a fan of Wilder, but Bakhtov is better than anybody Wilder has faced bar Malik Scott.

Hes knocked out most of his opponents with one shot albeit sub-par opposition.
          Liakovich, Price, Arnold & so on

He definitely hits hard I just do not think hes a devastating puncher or a one punch knockout artist.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
            he has a lot left to prove. when your best wins are byrd, haye, and povetkin you probably should stick around and fight some new talent. also do it without holding 186 times.
            imagine Wlad and Joshua kissing/hugging it out for 12 rounds. That'd be pretty hot imo

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Hes knocked out most of his opponents with one shot albeit sub-par opposition.
              Liakovich, Price, Arnold & so on

He definitely hits hard I just do not think hes a devastating puncher or a one punch knockout artist.
              I agree he might not be a one punch KO artist.

But do I see him go 12 rounds? Not really.

I can't see many guys taking his power for more than a couple of rounds without crumbling.

Comment

Looking at Mike Tyson's career, I can only remember a couple of occassions where he took out an opponent with a single shot.

Berbick, Holmes, Spinks, etc all went down from an accumulation of punches. He took out the likes of Brian Nielsen with a single punch, but that was a fair bit into the fit when Nielsen would have been a bit tired. Nielsen was really overweight too.

Joshua hasn't got past the 3rd round yet.
                Tyson often dropped guys with one punch.

Joshua doesn't seem to drop fighters with one punch even, he usually stops guys on there feet.

Comment

• You know what's sad? Joshua's resume is already on par with Wilder's.

Comment

• AJ throws a lot and his combos are beautiful, but he doesn't have that one punch killer. He doesn't have Wlad's straight right or Haye's hayemaker or Wilder's long windmill punch.

Doesn't matter as he throws more and is very accurate. He hits harder than Fury that's for sure...

Comment

• this tomato can was taking hard shots over and over and was barely hurt when the ref jumped in to "save" him. they are building this guy up into a monster and he's going to think he has actual power but then when he faces someone good he's going to crumble mentally when he realizes he punches as hard as tim bradley

Comment

Working...
                      X