Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua-Bakhtov, Lee Selby & Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only problem I can foresee for AJ is breezing through till he gets to the top and then struggling due to lack of experience.
    Read the other day he speaks to his uncle about his career who owns an architecture company so sounds like he has his head screwed on.

Comment

• I have to agree he obviously has power but he doesn't strike me as a huge puncher. He don't have one punch power of say a Wilder or a Stiverne for instance.

Was pretty obvious Bakhtov would get blown out pretty quick hes heavily faded not that he was good to begin with, he was always going to be right in front of Joshua and came into the fight for some unknown reason with an already damaged eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by Axl Rose View Post
        I would love to see Joashua fight David Haye. That would be some test!
        There are only two fighters for which I am positive they beat AJ atm.

Wlad and Haye.

Comment

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
          eddie chambers doesnt have a belt but i bet he could teach joshua a thing or too.
          Joshua would destroy Chambers at this point.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            I have to agree he obviously has power but he doesn't strike me as a huge puncher. He don't have one punch power of say a Wilder or a Stiverne for instance.

Was pretty obvious Bakhtov would get blown out pretty quick hes heavily faded not that he was good to begin with, he was always going to be right in front of Joshua and came into the fight for some unknown reason with an already damaged eye.
            I don't recollect Wilder taking anybody with 1 punch. Apart from the fella who kept his guard down and allowed Wilder to land a complete hayemaker on his chin.

Joshua hits hard; very hard. I'm a fan of Wilder, but Bakhtov is better than anybody Wilder has faced bar Malik Scott.

Comment

I have to agree he obviously has power but he doesn't strike me as a huge puncher. He don't have one punch power of say a Wilder or a Stiverne for instance.

Yeah he can punch but he's not a one punch KO kind of puncher from what I can tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
                Fury is all about chasing Wlad, bur realistically he should have his eyes on Josuha.

Wlad should start thinking about retirement. He has nothing left to prove. Maybe to take on Wilder/Fury and calling it.

Joshua/Fury would be a beauty! maybe in 18 months..
                he has a lot left to prove. when your best wins are byrd, haye, and povetkin you probably should stick around and fight some new talent. also do it without holding 186 times.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
                  he has a lot left to prove. when your best wins are byrd, haye, and povetkin you probably should stick around and fight some new talent. also do it without holding 186 times.
                  So who do you think is the best heavyweight currently? Wilder?

Comment

Stiverne is not really a one punch KO artist? Joshua has better technique than Wilder, he doesn't just swing the right hand, he works on his flaws which wilder really hasn't done - and therefore he'll be exposed when he steps up. Joshua picks his shots better, works off the jab and doesn't just go for a meaningless KO.

I think it's funny when some people say he hasn't got "real" power. I couldn't disagree more. He left Matt Legg with facial nerve damage for 3 months after 80 seconds in the ring. He busted Butlins face open with one shot - he needed 30 stitches.

The guy has power. Real power. But he has something else too, which is what will make him a champion in the end.

Comment

• AJ is already a superstar!

Comment

Working...
                      X