No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: There is Serious Beef Between Brook and Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I'm not so sure, and I'm talking in a boxing sense.

As in, how many people would watch a Froch fight vs a Khan fight at this moment. Or how many would pay for a Froch fight, vs a Khan fight at this moment.

I think Froch takes both. A lot of people would reocognize Khan in the streets. But his boxing star is not nearly as bright as Froch's is at the moment in my opinion. His momentum went way down hill after the Peterson/Garcia fiasco.
    Casual fans drive the PPV numbers and I would say Khan is slightly more known to the casual audience than Froch.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      ok. reading posts suggested this fight was huge in England right now. that's why it didn't make sense to build it anymore.

Better hope Brook doesn't get signed by Haymon in the interim.

Ok. Some posters said otherwise.
      It is huge, but not as big as it will be once both have had another big fight (on the same night mind you) and have talked some trash for another 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Don't try to play it off Dunn. You were insinuating that Brook and his people were just using his name to hype up Brook and they're making you look stupid now. You dont need to be familiar with the British boxing scene to know that the stadium is outdoor and that December is in the freaking winter.
        I was doing no such thing. I asked if it was a stadium fight and also if it needed to be built up since I thought the fight was at its apex. If you can't respect that **** off.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Casual fans drive the PPV numbers and I would say Khan is slightly more known to the casual audience than Froch.
          I agree that he's probably the more well known man. But he's never been involved in a PPV that was as succesful as Froch-Kessler II let alone any of the Froch-Groves fights.

Last time he was on PPV in the UK was against Judah on Primetime. I believe it did 150k.

I mean, that's peanuts compared to what Froch has been doing.

Comment

It is huge, but not as big as it will be once both have had another big fight (on the same night mind you) and have talked some trash for another 6 months.
            I get that-I understood dirk's point about maximizing income as well. It just seems a huge risk with a guy like Khan because of his chin and his desire for a Floyd/manny fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Ninja................................
              Don't be a woman, Dunn. Spit it out.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Froch is the bigger name by a distance at this stage. Carl has become a major star over these last 18 months.

Comment

I agree that he's probably the more well known man. But he's never been involved in a PPV that was as succesful as Froch-Kessler II let alone any of the Froch-Groves fights.

Last time he was on PPV in the UK was against Judah on Primetime. I believe it did 150k.

I mean, that's peanuts compared to what Froch has been doing.
                  Well yeah that's Primetime and it was Zab Judah. Khan hasn't had an opponent that is that well known to the UK public on PPV. Closest was maybe McCloskey....lol and that fight was horribly promoted and bumped off Sky at the last minute.

Kessler was known from the Calzaghe fight and the first Froch fight. Groves is British.

Would be interesting to see what Khan-Brook does in comparison to Froch-Groves

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                    I think it's debatable. Khan has been known since he was 17 years old. He's a celebrity here.
                    Khan definitely has a more celebrity status in the UK over Froch, but i'm not sure his popularity would translate to instant stadium success like Froch/Groves 2 did.

I have no doubt Khan/Brook could do 60K with a great build up, especially considering the animosity these 2 have towards each other, and it'll be a press/media win, but Froch/Groves elevated to a huge status directly off the first fight.

Khan seems to be really hated by the British public too, everytime he appears on screen he gets booed. Brook should capitilise on that to endeer himself to the public more.

Will be a great fight no doubt.

Comment

Boxing fans want to see this and there's a big market with casuals too, but Hearn needs time to build the fight if it's going to rival Froch/Groves 2. Wembly late next summer sounds about right.

Comment

Working...
                      X