No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: There is Serious Beef Between Brook and Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I don't know the British boxing scene in depth so I can't say whether this is fact or spin to justify an in between fight. if it is a "stadium fight" or not, I'll take Hearn's word.

IMO you don't need to do a "setup card" if you have a premium fight ready to go, especially when you have Khan whose chin has cost him big fights twice in his career.

I'd watch a rios/brook fight. But I think we'd all prefer Thurman or khan now.
    If Danny Garcia is ready to move up to 147, I'd love to see him give Khan a rematch. Brook vs. Rios is cool...it is what is. I guess Thurman has to choose between Guererro or Alexander, because neither Khan nor Brook would be crazy enough to schedule Thurman before a Khan/Brook fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      If Danny Garcia is ready to move up to 147, I'd love to see him give Khan a rematch. Brook vs. Rios is cool...it is what is. I guess Thurman has to choose between Guererro or Alexander, because neither Khan nor Brook would be crazy enough to schedule Thurman before a Khan/Brook fight.
      If khan v brook is such a huge fight, it's probably best to have it now so it doesn't get ruined. if it needs to be built into a stadiu fight the way grove froch 2 was, ok. That fight had some controversy which made it bigger.

the rios/brook fight is fine-I just think more fans prefer Thurman or khan next.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
        Yup, Khan/Garcia would be great at 147. If Khan wins it would reinstate some lost faith in him too. I never understood why he wasn't banging doors down to set the record straight with both Garcia & PEDerson. Prescott not so much because he hasn't developed into anything more than a journeyman.

I like Thurman but don't enjoy how many fans are hyping him up. He needs some tougher tests for sure. Either Guererro or Alexander would be a step in the right direction.

Comment

If khan v brook is such a huge fight, it's probably best to have it now so it doesn't get ruined. if it needs to be built into a stadiu fight the way grove froch 2 was, ok. That fight had some controversy which made it bigger.

the rios/brook fight is fine-I just think more fans prefer Thurman or khan next.
          No **** dummy. It's just that those fights have to make commercial sense and they don't at this present time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
            No **** dummy. It's just that those fights have to make commercial sense and they don't at this present time.
            You've made that point earlier and I as I told lacedup, I agree with it and completely understand.

we've reached a point where we need not debate anymore today.

Comment

You've made that point earlier and I as I told lacedup, I agree with it and completely understand.

we've reached a point where we need not debate anymore today.
              What, in case you start hoping terrorists blow up the UK again?

Comment

... the rios/brook fight is fine...
                Rios/Brook is another wrestle fest waiting to happen. I'd like to see Brook fight someone with technical skill so we can see how good he is, rather than facing another brawler.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
                  Rios/Brook is another wrestle fest waiting to happen. I'd like to see Brook fight someone with technical skill so we can see how good he is, rather than facing another brawler.
                  Rios will make brook work but I expect brook will win. I expect him to beat ghost easier. I was one of the few who felt Brook really was in a different league than Porter. Hitking and a few others thought I'm crazy suggesting this.

Comment

... Rios will make Brook work but I expect brook will win...
                    IMO skill outshines brute force every time. A pressure fighter like Rios always brings some entertainment and makes it into a fight, but Brook would completely outclass him, even more than Pac did. I like Rios but he's very limited.

...I was one of the few who felt Brook really was in a different league than Porter. Hitking and a few others thought I'm crazy suggesting this.
                    You're right. They're wrong. That's all there is to it

Comment

Do the fight December, I don't see the point of waiting, it is a hot topic right now so MAKE IT HAPPEN! Winner gets Mayweather May 2015 if he beats Maidana

Comment

Working...
                      X