No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: There is Serious Beef Between Brook and Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    Yes. Make some change, get a home win. Just don't be the usual English f@gg0t and pretend Rios is the fight most of us want to see instead of Thurman or Khan.
    Khan is a wembley fight. How do you think a fight in a stadium with no roof would go in the UK in december? Yeah guys, it's -2 out there and pouring rain...go fight.

Both will have their december 6th fights to build into the big one.

Comment

Don't get why people can't understand it.
      Khan vs Brook>Stadium Fight>Stadium has no roof>Bad weather in Dec>Fight in summer

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
        This guy got emotional too quickly

The Khan fight is a Stadium fight thicko. That's why it's not happening in December.
        I don't know the British boxing scene in depth so I can't say whether this is fact or spin to justify an in between fight. if it is a "stadium fight" or not, I'll take Hearn's word.

IMO you don't need to do a "setup card" if you have a premium fight ready to go, especially when you have Khan whose chin has cost him big fights twice in his career.

I'd watch a rios/brook fight. But I think we'd all prefer Thurman or khan now.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
          Khan is a wembley fight. How do you think a fight in a stadium with no roof would go in the UK in december? Yeah guys, it's -2 out there and pouring rain...go fight.

Both will have their december 6th fights to build into the big one.
          See my response to dirk.

Comment

I don't know the British boxing scene in depth so I can't say whether this is fact or spin to justify an in between fight.

INO you don't need to do a "setup card" if you have a premium fight ready to go, especially when you have Khan whose chin has cost him big fights twice in his career.

I'd watch a rios/brook fight. But I think we'd all prefer Thurman or khan now.
            What part of "it's a stadium fight" did you not understand?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              What part of "it's a stadium fight" did you not understand?
              what part of "I don't know the British boxing scene in depth so I can't say whether this is fact or spin to justify an in between fight." did you not understand.

Comment

what part of "I don't know the British boxing scene in depth so I can't say whether this is fact or spin to justify an in between fight." did you not understand.
                It's nothing to do with knowing the British boxing scene. It's basic common sense. You are aware of the Froch-Groves II fight, yes?

Why would they do Khan-Brook in front of 20k in an indoor arena when they can do it in front of 60 or 80k outdoors?

Let's just not make the most money possibly! For someone who noshes off Al Haymon, your business acumen is fkin ****.

Comment

martinez murray was during the rain, that didn't stop the fight from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
                    martinez murray was during the rain, that didn't stop the fight from happening.
                    Martinez-Murray wasn't in the winter. It was in April if I remember right. Do you know how cold it is in England in December?

Yes rain is always a possibility especially in England but you minimise that risk by doing the fight in the summer.

Basic common sense ffs. What is wrong with people?

Comment

Of course Khan-Brook is not a december fight. Come on people.

Vegas is not in the UK, and people don't pay $10.000 dollars for a ringside seat. It's a summer fight in a huge outdoor arena. That's the way it was always going to be.

Nothing wrong with Brook having a high profile homecoming fight in December to build for a Khan fight. Nothing at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X