Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golden Boy VP Seeks to Justify Garcia-Salka Mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gomez, Oscar and Espinoza should feel ashamed of this card. There has to be a lot of things happening behind the scenes.

Gomez is no Bruce trampler as far as matching but I know he has better sense than how this card was matched. I do feel Haymon basically tells them this is what's going to happen.. End of story. You never hear the fighters say it's up to Oscar or my promoter... You hear it's up to Al...

Comment

Btw good job from the reporter being persistent.

Comment

Garcia should have fought somebody better dude looked little and defenseless...he walked through his punches

Comment

gomez, what a joke

Comment

Good job reporter! Seriously you don't see this enough with reporting nowadays with persistently asking tough questions

Comment

What I see here is all the SMART FIGHTERS will soon leave Golden Boy cuz Gomez has the IQ of a fish!.., Tas Pendejo Gomez!

Comment

What a great interview! And we all must completely agree that last night's main even was a complete farce to get Danny an easy KO.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                  he got ***ing owned....bad. This is whats wrong with Boxing!!!! He earned it? WTF!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
                    This dude had to be drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                      I don't know why people are going so hard over this. GGG made his career on mismatches. Kovlev had a similar one just this weekend.
                      Golovkin and Kovalev still have a lot to prove, but don't be disingenuous. These fighters have been destroying every fighter willing to get in the ring with them. Danny Garcia hasn't been doing that.

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                      Garcia has been fighting contenders since his 16th fight and has nothing else to prove at 140. I think its time to move up though.
                      He also fought guys like Christopher Fernandez, Mike Arnaoutis and John Figueroa after his 16th fight.

Don't get me wrong. Danny is a talented fighter, and he has some decent names on his resume. Some of the wins over those names are more impressive than others (i.e. Amir Khan versus a washed up Erik Morales) but his biggest fights did not produce dominant victories. A past-his-prime Zab Judah gave Garcia a run for his money. Danny beat Matthysse, but a lot of people ignore the fact that the fight was close. Heck, all of the scorecards in that fight were closer than two of the scorecards for Mayweather-Maidana. And then we have Mauricio Herrera, who most ringside observers (and people with two functioning eyes) believe beat Garcia.

It's easy for Garcia and his ride-or-die fans to keep beating the "he cleaned out the division" and "he has nothing else to prove" drum, but that doesn't make these statements true. If Garcia wants to be taken seriously, he needs to step up. Last night's fight was an embarrassment to the sport and I can't understand how a pound-for-pound contender could allow himself to be part of such a travesty.

Ultimately, it's a fighter's responsibility to demand the best opponents and most compelling fights. Based on his interview after last night's circus, it instead appears to me that Danny is content to take whatever fights his team makes and pretend that every victory is the same, regardless of how it comes and who it is against. This strategy might allow Danny to obtain and keep belts, but as far as I'm concerned it doesn't make him a legitimate champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X